LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

First post, and wanted to relay Tim Miller's parting thoughts/comments.

He did an interview with KATC which was edited down, then aired. Here are some bullet points paraphrased:

~We did not get the luck we needed on this one

~We have been very thorough, including working till 330 a.m. one night and bringing in equipment from Indiana.

~Time to let the police department run from here. And, they are a very capable unit.

~Made comments regarding the power of the river. Said he was not sure they would ever find Mickey if she was in there.

~Said they are only four hours away and will be back if needed/new developments.

~Said there is a very small sliver of hope that remains (referring to Mickey being alive). Then followed up that he thought Elizabeth Smart was dead, which she obviously wasn't.

~Also, said it was to be in "God's timing."

I am so grateful for these professionals who do what they do. Which includes providing comfort to the families.

THANK YOU TEXAS EQUIISEARCH!! God bless you all.

Please pass on Lafayette's thank you to Tim!

Hi All,

First post, and wanted to relay Tim Miller's parting thoughts/comments.

He did an interview with KATC which was edited down, then aired. Here are some bullet points paraphrased:

~We did not get the luck we needed on this one

~We have been very thorough, including working till 330 a.m. one night and bringing in equipment from Indiana.

~Time to let the police department run from here. And, they are a very capable unit.

~Made comments regarding the power of the river. Said he was not sure they would ever find Mickey if she was in there.

~Said they are only four hours away and will be back if needed/new developments.

~Said there is a very small sliver of hope that remains (referring to Mickey being alive). Then followed up that he thought Elizabeth Smart was dead, which she obviously wasn't.

~Also, said it was to be in "God's timing."

I am so grateful for these professionals who do what they do. Which includes providing comfort to the families.

THANK YOU TEXAS EQUIISEARCH!! God bless you all.

Just what I was saying about the current of the river out there and roughly 2 weeks head start it is a huge task........ Anyone that doubts that current please go look at the gauges today, there is a ton of water moving down it at any giving second

It just seems like the City Hall building keeps coming into play and leads me to question if the perp could work here (currently or in the past).

Are some City Hall employees given vehicles to drive? And if so, are any of them white trucks?

This makes complete sense. I was one of the people who commented that it's dangerous to be out in the middle of the night. And it was for the same reason you state above. It shouldn't be dangerous to ride your bike at night, but the fact remains that it is dangerous. Doing anything alone late at night is dangerous. And anywhere! It really is a shame that this is the world we live in. Crimes will happen any time of the day, but being out alone at night is the most risky, IMO.

And unfortunately, what can we do to change this? I think one of the easiest things we can do to start is to spread awareness about cases like Mickey's and to stress the importance of not going out alone in the middle of the night, and I think this is especially important for young females! I think too many young people don't think about such dangers, but they need to!

AMEN AMEN. i'm even afraid to be in my house at night when my husband is out of town and i live in a great neighborhood. alot of victims are taken in broad daylight and many from their very own homes. when it gets right down to it ladies, you HAVE TO BE EXTRA CAREFUL. this doesn't mean that any woman exercising her freedom to walk or ride at night deserved to be taken. it is a shame, but it's just the way it is. childbirth isn't fun either, but it's part of what comes with being a woman.

Re: BunnyHop's pessimism that Chicken will help find MS.

I agree with you. He is one man and probably everything he knows LE knows as well. But it's in our DNA to think that one man can make a difference and I've enjoyed his enthusiasm. I hope he finds something that makes a difference and it's been fun watching him try.

Just what I was saying about the current of the river out there and roughly 2 weeks head start it is a huge task........ Anyone that doubts that current please go look at the gauges today, there is a ton of water moving down it at any giving second

the current in whiskey bay is crazy strong. rather than only move downstream, it literally churns. when you drive over it you can see like little swirls in the water. after hurricanes when there's debris in it, you can see branches spinning round and round in the same spot. it has really bad currents

I trust my gut.

This just doesn't feel right to me.

<modsnip>

I understand what you mean, but everyone has their own way of coping with highly stressful situations. Charlie is probably still in shock, but keeping highly optimistic and determined to keep this case as high profile as possible. It shows great strength of character in my opinion.

Trust my gut and in-tuition.

<modsnip>

Just curious... what do you suppose it could be? Do you have a feeling that her sister is "in on it" or something to that effect? I know you won't be stating any facts... just wondering if you could expound on what your intuition is telling you.

I would like to see Chicken Fried's maps added to the first post of each thread.

Is there any way of making that happen, (assuming Chicken is okay with that)?

Just did a google search.

Anyone else find this weird?

Shunick's family remains positive as search enters week 3

http://www.ksla.com/story/18690364/shunicks-family-remains-positive-as-search-enters-week-3

<modsnip>

This came up late last night in our discussion.

I think we all easily lose track of the human element of these situations when we're consuming media reports and interviews and leads, and because we're concerned, it puts us in a critical mode of thinking. But this isn't just a woman standing next to a microphone trying to get some information across. That's a picture of courage, you know what I mean? That human being is at war with herself, probably low on sleep, probably physically sick because of her anxiety, probably without a lot of food in her, probably trying to focus her thought process while her brain continuously trails off. Charlie, in particular, has done so much press for this. If she comes across as weird, she's probably in a pretty weird frame of mind. I would be, too, if I googled my sister's name and a picture of me crying came up with some lyrics written at the bottom. I completely understand what you're saying, but let's keep in mind this family is going through what will probably be the worst moments of their entire lives--and they're doing it publicly. Sometimes the message can get a little garbled because of the emotional stakes. That's why they have T-shirts to speak for them: all we care about is finding Mickey. That's all that really needs to be said. Anything else the family can offer through the media is done so out of courageous resilience and is an attempt to further convey that simple message: find Mickey. They deserve a free pass, in my opinion.

I don't put much hope on this, sorry.
More second hand stuff.

I got off the phone with the Shunicks' PI just now and we had a 10-minute conversation. I am satisfied that my area of investigation is being covered with the proper urgency.

Most of my info is first-hand, and some of it second-hand. We don't traffick in rumors here, and I have not been, and will not. As per agreement with the moderators, I am going to consult with them per what I should and should not post here, so as not to impede the investigation.

I will post what I can or should, after proper consideration. The reason I had been holding off is that it is possible to be completely correct, and to still damage the investigation by alerting the perp(s).

I need to take care of some neglected personal business, but will be checking back and hope we get some leads on finding Mickey!

BunnyHop, without sleuthing anyone who's not been nameda POI what do you think may have happened?

We have several (many?) posters here who've "known" things, some rumors, to which, of course, there could some truth. If any/all of those had really useful info they should be calling the tipline with it (and some reassured us they have). Something happened to Mickey, and someone knows what. Maybe even someone who has been here at WS.

A few days ago someone asked about the likelihood that the perp would include him/herself in search efforts. I feel that the likelihood is just as strong that they could be on this website or any of the other ones that are buzzing about MS.

I understand what you mean, but everyone has their own way of coping with highly stressful situations. Charlie is probably still in shock, but keeping highly optimistic and determined to keep this case as high profile as possible. It shows great strength of character in my opinion.

I appreciate that. Sincerely.

I speak from my gut.

If my sibling or loved one went missing, I think my demeanor would be different.
Just saying.

If my son went missing, I wouldn't be smiling and laughing on camera. (with doggie on shoulder)

Just saying...............
I would be pleading and crying.

Just my 2 cents.

PS: red flag for me.

The "you just got to have hope" interview doesn't sit right with me. It's the way she says "Hope it's not too fun over there" over where?! And why would Mickey be having fun?

I got off the phone with the Shunicks' PI just now and we had a 10-minute conversation. I am satisfied that my area of investigation is being covered with the proper urgency.

Most of my info is first-hand, and some of it second-hand. We don't traffick in rumors here, and I have not been, and will not. As per agreement with the moderators, I am going to consult with them per what I should and should not post here, so as not to impede the investigation.

I will post what I can or should, after proper consideration. The reason I had been holding off is that it is possible to be completely correct, and to still damage the investigation by alerting the perp(s).

I need to take care of some neglected personal business, but will be checking back and hope we get some leads on finding Mickey!

Thumbs up, as long as the investigation is progressing I'm happy.

i got off the phone with the shunicks' pi just now and we had a 10-minute conversation. I am satisfied that my area of investigation is being covered with the proper urgency.

Most of my info is first-hand, and some of it second-hand. We don't traffick in rumors here, and i have not been, and will not. As per agreement with the moderators, i am going to consult with them per what i should and should not post here, so as not to impede the investigation.

I will post what i can or should, after proper consideration. The reason i had been holding off is that it is possible to be completely correct, and to still damage the investigation by alerting the perp(s).

I need to take care of some neglected personal business, but will be checking back and hope we get some leads on finding mickey!

thank you!!

I appreciate that. Sincerely.

I speak from my gut.

If my sibling or loved one went missing, I think my demeanor would be different.
Just saying.

If my son went missing, I wouldn't be smiling and laughing on camera. (with doggie on shoulder)

Just saying...............
I would be pleading and crying.

Just my 2 cents.

PS: red flag for me.

The dog was from a little 4 year old boy who wanted her to have it. She probably wears it because it came from such innocence- a child effected by Mickey's disappearance.

It just seems like the City Hall building keeps coming into play and leads me to question if the perp could work here (currently or in the past).

Are some City Hall employees given vehicles to drive? And if so, are any of them white trucks?

I believe trucks owned by LCG (Lafayette Consolidated Govt) and given to employees for usage have some sort of marking on them (logo or some such thing) to denote they are owned by LCG. It would be identifying enough to see in the pictures, I believe.

OK- I just confirmed this with someone I know who has worked there & knew, he said they would have some sort of logo on them and also two sets of #s that would be visible on the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danielfromlb