LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're getting the side of the building and the back of the building mixed up. The front of that building faces St. Landry. So the two cameras Chicken points out are on the side of the building, not the back. Chicken's map does not show the ONE camera on the back of the building, the side that faces Azalea. There is one there. I have seen all of these cameras first hand.

Point taken, but I guess I still think of the old Sears Bldg. The side parking lot you are speaking of was definitely the back of the store. The old loading dock is still there in the back corner by Azalea. The front faced University.

It just seems like the City Hall building keeps coming into play and leads me to question if the perp could work here (currently or in the past).

Are some City Hall employees given vehicles to drive? And if so, are any of them white trucks?

City employee on foot?

The LGC has been dead center of this case...and now we may have additional images of MS in different areas on the property?

How easy would it be for someone on foot to knock MS off of her bike? Someone who knew where the LGC cameras were?

LE would have to be extremely cautious...they're intertwined with this person on some level.

Another one of my fact-less theories.

But I do think someone on foot is a definite possibility. Less useless stuff, silent. Getting in & out of a truck is slower and more noticeable. Stepping out of a shadow and back in is practically invisible.

Not an accident.

Are there city vehicles there? Could a city vehicle have been used to transport MS & the bike?

Arrgh...I've created a Ninja City Employee Perp. I gotta stop thinking about this...EXCEPT! I'll keep my perp-on-foot possibility. Talk about crime of opportunity.

There are cameras all around the building. There is no way she could be on all of them. Doesn't make sense if you would see where all the cameras are placed. She would have to go all the way around the building. She was probably seen on the ones in the front of hte building and possibly 2 on the sides, that are close to St. Landry and maybe the "gun"-style cameras covering the drive-thru.

From my walk-around, I believe it is unlikely the rear LCG cams caught her unless she went through the LCg lot.

The north camera is pointed enough north (to view the north part of the parking lot) that it would have to be darn near a total fisheye to see the street.

The south cam (the one closer to St. Landry) could conceivably
have caught her. However, at the exact height it's at, there is a pretty-much unbroken line of trees near St. Landry in a direct line of sight to to the road that I believe most likely blocked the shot. If they got anything, it likely was unidentifiable as a biker.

The dog was from a little 4 year old boy who wanted her to have it. She probably wears it because it came from such innocence- a child effected by Mickey's disappearance.

I appreciate that, however, her happiness sends red flags for me.

JMHO.

Quoting CCK.
OK- I just confirmed this with someone I know who has worked there & knew, he said they would have some sort of logo on them and also two sets of #s that would be visible on the vehicle.

Thank you so much.
Could you ask the friend if the logos are magnetic? :blushing: Likely not, (especially not the #'s)... but just a thought. TIA

It just seems like the City Hall building keeps coming into play and leads me to question if the perp could work here (currently or in the past).

Are some City Hall employees given vehicles to drive? And if so, are any of them white trucks?

I think the city has a lot of white trucks. White is cheaper.

I assure you LPD, FBI, TES, Myself, and the PI hired by the family have checked on cameras all along her presumed routes, in the surrounding neighborhoods, and up and down Johnston St. All cameras are being looked into by a multitude of people

Edit: There aren't as many cameras (and a lot are not functioning...just there to scare people) on businesses and homes as you would think.

Have you checked 700 St. Landry footage yet?

You're getting the side of the building and the back of the building mixed up. The front of that building faces St. Landry. So the two cameras Chicken points out are on the side of the building, not the back. Chicken's map does not show the ONE camera on the back of the building, the side that faces Azalea. There is one there. I have seen all of these cameras first hand.

I think I will have to make a new map that focuses more closely on the LCG area. The reason I didn't was that I was trying to get the Versailles cam in the same map - which made me have to back way off in Google Earth.

Embarrassed to say I just missed that rear cam.

There is no more room on the map I made....... and, that map really was designed to show the cameras that were on the known route. I just added the LCG lot cameras as a means to show the cameras that were on St. Landry.

It's obvious I need to make a more comprehensive map that takes ALL scenarios into account.

Thanks for the feedback!

chicken fried just sounds so optimistic as did the sister. my guess is they have some leads that they can't tell us and those leads are giving them hope. so i'm going to log off, tend to my family and be hopeful as well because i was very pessimistic earlier.

BunnyHop, without sleuthing anyone who's not been nameda POI what do you think may have happened?

We have several (many?) posters here who've "known" things, some rumors, to which, of course, there could some truth. If any/all of those had really useful info they should be calling the tipline with it (and some reassured us they have). Something happened to Mickey, and someone knows what. Maybe even someone who has been here at WS.

A few days ago someone asked about the likelihood that the perp would include him/herself in search efforts. I feel that the likelihood is just as strong that they could be on this website or any of the other ones that are buzzing about MS.

Yes, I've thought so too.

Regarding Charlie's interview...

I don't think it's unreasonable to attribute her comments to stress and madness--meaning a temporary, crazed, irrational, emotionally unstable state. Think of what she's going through. People say and do things that are inappropriate by the rules of social behavior when they're low on sleep, stressed, frightened, and anxious. Her family is probably and literally going crazy. I don't use those words to be dismissive. I mean that I can attest to personal experiences where I've been traumatized and haven't been able to function in polite society. I don't think we can apply normal expectations to the behavior of the family while they're in the media. They are clearly using their desperation as motivation to keep doing anything that will help, even if it's at the expense of their own well-being. And they're opening themselves to criticism like this every time they go out in front of a microphone without a whole lot of sleep or food in them. That doesn't mean they're inappropriate and deserve our suspicion. That's a working definition of love, as far as I'm concerned. They are risking their physical and mental health and their appearances on an international stage to try to get their family member home. And it behooves us to cut them some slack.

Just my two cents.

I appreciate that. Sincerely.

I speak from my gut.

If my sibling or loved one went missing, I think my demeanor would be different.
Just saying.

If my son went missing, I wouldn't be smiling and laughing on camera. (with doggie on shoulder)

Just saying...............
I would be pleading and crying.

Just my 2 cents.

PS: red flag for me.

I wouldn't necessarily either, but everyone handles things in different ways. I saw no red flags. One of the many things I love and appreciate about this web site is how everyone takes different things and interprets them and takes clues and signs from things I otherwise wouldn't have thought about, so I do appreciate your input and your opinion. For all we know, you could be on the right track! I just personally don't think Charlie is involved in any way

I appreciate that. Sincerely.

I speak from my gut.

If my sibling or loved one went missing, I think my demeanor would be different.
Just saying.

If my son went missing, I wouldn't be smiling and laughing on camera. (with doggie on shoulder)

Just saying...............
I would be pleading and crying.

Just my 2 cents.

PS: red flag for me.

IMO, how awful for you that your gut makes you question such a beautiful, bright ray of sunshine such as Charlie. She is just naturally chipper and warm - I'm sure Mickey is much of the same. My 21 yr old brother in law was killed in a freak work accident and yes everyone was completely torn up about it - still am - will be every day for the rest of my life - but we showed videos and pics and LAUGHED at his funeral, it was a day of celebrating his life. Point being everyone does this differently - and remember, they are ALWAYS going to assume she is alive until they hear otherwise. Charlie is keeping positive and motivated - you should do the same.

The "you just got to have hope" interview doesn't sit right with me. It's the way she says "Hope it's not too fun over there" over where?! And why would Mickey be having fun?

The other part to that quote was "I'm sure it's not- we are going to come find you and take you away from there, so just be smart, little sister."
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...0341/Mickey-Shunick-search-You-just-got-hope-

I think that they really are clinging to hope. I think that's what motivates them to get out of bed day after day without a sign of locating Mickey.

No one here can say for sure how they would act/react unless they have been in her shoes. Even then, we all react differently to tragedy.

I believe trucks owned by LCG (Lafayette Consolidated Govt) and given to employees for usage have some sort of marking on them (logo or some such thing) to denote they are owned by LCG. It would be identifying enough to see in the pictures, I believe.

OK- I just confirmed this with someone I know who has worked there & knew, he said they would have some sort of logo on them and also two sets of #s that would be visible on the vehicle.

It would be remarkably brazen for a city employee to do the crime in a city vehicle. I guess it might provide a little cover if there is the fleet is large, but it would sure narrow the focus.

I trust my gut.

This just doesn't feel right to me.

Happy? Laughing? Doggie on shoulder?
Sorry, but nope.

I was sorry to read the criticism of Charlie that started late last night. She is going through something probably more wrenching than childbirth, and a lot longer lasting, and her emotions are going to be all over the map.

JMHO.

Maybe she's medicated. I'd take anything anyone shoved at me, under the circumstances.

But as I've said at least 5 times in every thread -

Nothing is sacred, no one gets a pass.

Everything is on the table.

Doesn't help much in finding Mickey, but I found a random Charlie Shunick quote online: "I like brains and cats. Dallas living, Louisiana loving. I'm a 90 year old in a 20-something body"

JMHO.

it does seem odd, but you know when you have those days if you've ever gone through something depressing that you just pull yourself up from your bootstraps and say ok today i'm going to get dressed put my makeup on and be positive. i think that was the kind of day she had put herself in during that interview. today she might be a blubbering mess. it's kind of like the end of pregnancy you know when you are all happy one minute and raging crazy the next. her emotions with sleep deprivation are causing her to be all over the place. she is most likely in survival mode right now and being hopeful is what gets her to survive

BunnyHop, without sleuthing anyone who's not been nameda POI what do you think may have happened?

We have several (many?) posters here who've "known" things, some rumors, to which, of course, there could some truth. If any/all of those had really useful info they should be calling the tipline with it (and some reassured us they have). Something happened to Mickey, and someone knows what. Maybe even someone who has been here at WS.

A few days ago someone asked about the likelihood that the perp would include him/herself in search efforts. I feel that the likelihood is just as strong that they could be on this website or any of the other ones that are buzzing about MS.
Is that it unusual.? To gauge info? There have been times, early on when I just started reading these posts, that some postings just felt odd!? Maybe b/c I have never done this before or am isolated a great deal & can't grasp terminology/emotions/thought processes. A 'virtual reality web' Asperger's so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daniellelacy