LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I better sit on my hands and bite my tounge.
But I do have one last thing to say...when my brother was missing for 3 weeks LE told us to try not to cry in public. When we questioned that statement we were told a quote and I will forever live by it.

"Smile It Irritates Those Who Wish To Destroy You"

We had a happy ending to our missing persons story. The perp was caught red handed with my brother in his shed. Ended up being an ex-employee of my grandfathers who was out for one thing...to destroy my grandfather in the worst way. He told one person...and that is all it took!

Here are to positive vibes and big smiles Shunick family!

Well, I'm signing off to take care of business. Considering I know CS, I have no interest in sleuthing her.

BBL

NO ONE WILL BE SLEUTHING HER HERE UNLESS THEY WANT A LENGTHY VACATION.

She is the SISTER of the VICTIM.

What on earth???

I figured you left the camera in the back off for brevity, as it doesn't really pertain. You don't even need to show it. I only brought it up because someone mentioned she was seen on ALL the cameras and I was saying that was highly improbable because of the back camera.

I agree you should zoom in on that area though. I also agree on the side camera closest to St. Landry catching a wee part of the street. Yes, the trees are in the way but there is a sliver it could have caught.

But, as ACI has said previously, those cameras are inaccessible to us. LE knows what LE knows. Maybe she's on there, maybe not.

Improbable is not impossible.

I believe this to be a possibility! My mom worked at a Town Hall, right along with LE, in NJ years back. One of their maintenance crew, that she often interacted with, was arrested for a terrible crime (although I can't really remember what it was 'cause I was young, sorry). But, when they arrested him they realized he did have a record and had simply lied on many areas of his application.
As I said, it was years ago and not related except to say...it happens. Anyone ever applied to work at City Hall? Are background checks required?

I believe most of the jobs are civil service, requiring those tests, lots of red tape, helps if you know someone...I'm almost positive they would thoroughly check out employees. That said, anyone with the know-how could slip by undetected.

Just to say it again, because I think this is important, and then I'll drop it:

I think we are literally watching someone go mad in front of us. This isn't a TV show with a script. Charlie is channeling her pain into positive thoughts, and the strain is clearly getting to her, as it would any of us. She is a political figure in the hunt for her sister in the sense that she must be a leader, a public face for us, and someone trying to curry sympathy for her family in the hopes that more people will volunteer. At the same time, she is being denied the right all of us should have when something goes wrong to hide away and cry our eyes out until it's over. On some level, she knows, however this ends, that this experience is going to haunt her for the rest of her life. She's doing what she can. Her self-sacrifice warrants more sympathy and appreciation. Just my two cents. And for those of us who are capable, her self-sacrifice also warrants equivalent sacrifices from us to help find Mickey.

I can't say it enough. We need to think deeply and honestly about our own limitations as human beings before we start analyzing the family's behavior in the public sphere. They are human beings, nearly broken human beings, who are courageously trying to lead a search effort instead of quietly giving up. As fellow human beings, we have the power to see that. Also, as fellow human beings, if we're honest with ourselves, I think most of us do things on a daily basis that we couldn't rationalize. Why did I say that thing that way? Why didn't I pick up the phone when that person called? Why did I laugh when what she was saying wasn't funny? We are all subject to multiple, conflicting stimuli at every moment, and we are not perfect at expressing ourselves. Communication is inherently flawed. Give her a break.

I trust my gut.

This just doesn't feel right to me.

Happy? Laughing? Doggie on shoulder?
Sorry, but nope.

I know Charlie well. That is a big front to keep others spirits up. The little dog was given to her by a very worried 4 year old whom I also know well. She is also VERY tired.:please:

My point is there may be more than appears.

Maybe I didn't have enough coffee this morning. Could you just spell out whatever you are getting at?

Assuming that the yet unknown POI knows everyone is looking for his truck AND assuming this POI did I...he's sweating.

He doesn't know who he can trust and knows he has acquaintances that may suspect him....he's going to make a mistake. Someone who knows him perhaps will start to wonder if by silence they could implicate themselves. I don't think we're dealing with rocket scientists here.

Just a gut feel but I think someone is going to hand him to LE if he doesn't trip over his own tracks he's trying to cover and do it himself.

You know what? If I were him, I'd be laughing about having a VOI, and I'd be spreading it all over that I'd already talked to LE and been cleared. (Just basing that on how ballsy someone would have to be to grab a girl, her bike and 100% of her possessions right out in the big middle of everywhere.)

The constant posts that fall just short of accusing her friends and family are sickening and annoying all at once.

A victim doesn't become safer by having a good life. I think it's still pretty obvious it was random opportunity.

Family members and friends will always cope in different ways. You can have all the misfiring intuition you want, but don't disrespect the family by all but saying that a lack of hysterics is tantamount to guilt.

Just opinion. I think many here are barking up the wrong trees. What makes you think you've got the family figured out when LE doesn't?

The taco bell footage is all under lock and key by the LPD. I haven't seen it. But if they did travel down St. Mary on their way home there wouldn't be any footage anyway. There weren't any cameras with a useful view at all down St. Mary.

A.C.I.

What about the local gas stations on Johnston. If indeed she encountered a flat then she may have stopped to air up the tire.

Agreed, I just dont see a city worker doing that in a city vehicle.

You'll all have to excuse me bc I only can drop in every few days (reading all of the threads greatly hinders how much work I get done in a day)- but is the 3rd white truck still being looked for?

And if so, is it the truck with the bed cover? Because the guy I was talking to said LCG would NOT put bed covers on their trucks. If its the chromed out one, that for sure is not an LCG vehicle.

Maybe a City Hall employee...but in their own vehicle? Or an ex-City Hall employee...
It seems this building is the epicenter of this case...and someone , it seems to me, knew where the cameras were.

Good doctor and good drugs might help. A child who was at the search headquarters gave Charlie the little dog to make her feel better, so she has kept it with her since she received it.

She appears happy, yes. What we don't see is what happens to that happiness when the family goes behind closed doors. Those of us who have suffered the loss of a child are actually great actors, and we live two different lives, the public one and the private one. We don't often allow anyone into the private grieving life that we live, at lease I don't, I choose to be alone with my grief because I don't want anyone to try and make 'it' better.

I guess I better sit on my hands and bite my tounge.
But I do have one last thing to say...when my brother was missing for 3 weeks LE told us to try not to cry in public. When we questioned that statement we were told a quote and I will forever live by it.

"Smile It Irritates Those Who Wish To Destroy You"

We had a happy ending to our missing persons story. The perp was caught red handed with my brother in his shed. Ended up being an ex-employee of my grandfathers who was out for one thing...to destroy my grandfather in the worst way. He told one person...and that is all it took!

Here are to positive vibes and big smiles Shunick family!

I have so much respect for you and your family - thank you for sharing.

At the same time I am so DISGUSTED by people going after BW and CS for how they carry themselves on camera. Appalled. Infuriated. I can't even continue this post because of how overwhelmingly upset I am. ARGHH.

Good doctor and good drugs might help. A child who was at the search headquarters gave Charlie the little dog to make her feel better, so she has kept it with her since she received it.

She appears happy, yes. What we don't see is what happens to that happiness when the family goes behind closed doors. Those of us who have suffered the loss of a child are actually great actors, and we live two different lives, the public one and the private one. We don't often allow anyone into the private grieving life that we live, at lease I don't, I choose to be alone with my grief because I don't want anyone to try and make 'it' better.

God bless you Isabelle, said with tears in my eyes...........

I agree 100%. I've buried two children. I always put on a brave face in public. Emotions are extremely private.

Not that I agree with it. But IMO if you can't sleuth or discuss one person, then its not fair to do it to anyone. Sleuthers can't be biased. You have to be able to look at everyone equally, regardless of personal feelings.

With that said, its apparently against forum rules.....so...don't do it.

In the process of that. Working on cameras all down Johnston

Thanks A.C.I.

Why would LPD not make the videos on Johnston a priority right away? Seems they would have contacted all the businesses and asked them to review.

Agreed A.C.I.

Did you get in touch with your St. Martin contacts and see if they have anything interesting for you?

I think Charlie is genuine too. And frankly, I don't even want to "go there" if you know what I mean.

There are way to many cases where I do suspect close family and am fed up of feeling negative thoughts.

I do think Charlie is under a lot of pressure though. The rest of the family seem to be taking a back seat as far as putting themselves in front of the cameras to appeal ect.

Charlie must be exhausted...............Maybe dad should take over for a while.

I don't think it had anything to do with her sister, I just said I didn't like that statement. In the UK, "over there" would suggest a holiday and I'm presuming it's just a case of different uses of the english language.

It's easy to jump to conclusions about people, you just need to sit back and think logically about it. I was suspicious of Brettly at first. Until I sat and thought, actually yeah he is acting really uncomfortably but he isn't a trained presenter, he's not had weeks to practice. He's been thrown into this in such a horrible situation. I'm rubbish in front of a camera, why wouldn't he be? His best friends missing and he suddenly has cameras in his face, people going through his stuff, constant questions. I'd be awkward and uncomfortable too. Infact I'd be more so than he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne