LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say this, NONE of us are bad people here, we all have hurts and heart ache and issues that we keep inside. The only thing that we are here for is the family of Mickey, not to bring them down and not to hurt them in any way. Maybe I speak for only myself, I don't know. I just know that I want the same answers as all of you do, but they aren't going to just come like a CSI program on TV, it just simply doesn't happen that way. We need to not fight, we need to be patient and just wait. It's not easy and it's not nice, but that's the way it is.

Guys, just before I signed off, I saw what was going on. It might be helpful if I add one little comment from the local angle, so that not only are y'all aware that it's improper to publicly sleuth the victim's sister, but why y'all don't understand. Charlie is very intelligent, studying for her Master's, and a bit quirky, as very intelligent people can be. Add that to the trauma she is going through, and it's an incredibly low percentage sleuthing angle to try to start drawing broader conclusions as to whether she's laughing or crying.

Thanks to the mods for reinforcing that we should try our best to stick to the facts that would be easier to back up than making speculations based upon the changing emotions of a very hurting family member.

Now I'm out. I will work up an LCG map later, so y'all have a better view, as the LCG cams ARE key pieces of evidence.

I am honored but do not deserve to be included in the same category as Chicken Fried or ACI. Sure I can answer some area-specific questions, but I'm far from a sleuth. I feel my best contribution is when I'm physically out searching. I haven't been able to do so every day b/c of childcare limitations, but I'm out there as much as possible and that is when I feel most productive. Coming here, when I can't be out there, I guess is b/c I would still be thinking about it all day, so I might as well have someone else to think out loud with.Every day I ask myself, "What have I told for Mickey today? For her parents? For her brother and sister? What have I done to help bring Mickey home?" And the days I have searched, I feel like yes, I have done this for Mickey. But, still, it's not enough. She's not home yet!

Being involved in a physical search is such an important thing! You are doing your best to bring Mickey home, just like the others mentioned. :blowkiss:

I guess I better sit on my hands and bite my tounge.
But I do have one last thing to say...when my brother was missing for 3 weeks LE told us to try not to cry in public. When we questioned that statement we were told a quote and I will forever live by it.

"Smile It Irritates Those Who Wish To Destroy You"

We had a happy ending to our missing persons story. The perp was caught red handed with my brother in his shed. Ended up being an ex-employee of my grandfathers who was out for one thing...to destroy my grandfather in the worst way. He told one person...and that is all it took!

Here are to positive vibes and big smiles Shunick family!

sorry that you went through that!!

but my husband asked me something last night that i dismissed, but now you've got me thinking about his question again. he has NOT been following the case BTW. he asked me what mickey's dad did (career wise) i said he was with Texaco and a higher up there. he asked if it were possible that an underling was ticked off at him for something and took mickey to make him "pay" he also wondered about ransom, but they aren't extremely wealthy, right?

Thanks A.C.I.

Why would LPD not make the videos on Johnston a priority right away? Seems they would have contacted all the businesses and asked them to review.

I didn't mean to make it sound like they haven't made that a priority. Because they have. I said earlier today that Ive checked little neighborhoods that wouldn't even seem relevant for cameras, and LE had already been there. What or if they've found anything, I don't know. They keep the lid on all the footage pretty tight. Im trying to find any cameras or places they may have missed.

Good doctor and good drugs might help. A child who was at the search headquarters gave Charlie the little dog to make her feel better, so she has kept it with her since she received it.

She appears happy, yes. What we don't see is what happens to that happiness when the family goes behind closed doors. Those of us who have suffered the loss of a child are actually great actors, and we live two different lives, the public one and the private one. We don't often allow anyone into the private grieving life that we live, at lease I don't, I choose to be alone with my grief because I don't want anyone to try and make 'it' better.

I agree 100% as a widow I choose to be alone as well, most of my grief was after everyone else was asleep.

I was out running errands and now that I'm back (and behind of course!), I noticed we had at least 2 new members post with us in the past few hours.

:welcome3: :welcome2:

I haven't been following very closely the past few days, so sorry for asking...
Are there verified folks on this thread yet? I'm trying to sort out fact and "other". TIA! :)

They are also sending regular volunteer crews out there by foot, ATV and boat - the current was too strong for them to jump in and search with the sonar the day the bike was found but that was from a major rain if I recall correctly - the current has been slow and water level has been down. If the bike showed up at the side, other objects - yes, including a body - could easily make it to shore as well. FWIW I don't think a Whiskey Bay exit camera would have helped much in this case - we do have cameras that are facing the exits and down the interstate, just not off the exit. I don't see how someone got off at that exit and threw the bike in the water from there - its been the main thought on my mind each time we've been out there - how the heck did the bike get there...but then again there have been conflicting reports on where the bike was found.

Yes I agree since you can get to Whiskey Bay from ways other than that part of the interstate.

I think Charlie is genuine too. And frankly, I don't even want to "go there" if you know what I mean.

There are way to many cases where I do suspect close family and am fed up of feeling negative thoughts.

I do think Charlie is under a lot of pressure though. The rest of the family seem to be taking a back seat as far as putting themselves in front of the cameras to appeal ect.

Charlie must be exhausted...............Maybe dad should take over for a while.

They are all undoubtedly exhausted.

I would hate for TS to 'take over' and become this thread's next discussion point because people don't like his personality or camera presence. He is very different from CS - much more reserved. I'm afraid people would somehow mistake his demeanor for something else.

Plus, I've said this before -- keeping CS's face on that screen is helping us to all keep Mickey's on our minds, due to the striking resemblance. I thank and applaud Charlie for all she's doing for her sister, her family, and for the community. She is a beacon of hope when there's not much visible optimism left.

I talked to one St Martin Parsih Sheriff whos was/is highly involved, hes a friend of my father in laws, talked to him early last week. All he would tell me that I can say on here, that it was our Parishs LE feelings it wasnt something planned/sinister etc. Hes nvolved in the search at WB and still is....... Also have more info on the Rumors of the perp that lives in our parish but not really going to spread around more info about that

but my husband asked me something last night that i dismissed, but now you've got me thinking about his question again. he has NOT been following the case BTW. he asked me what mickey's dad did (career wise) i said he was with Texaco and a higher up there. he asked if it were possible that an underling was ticked off at him for something and took mickey to make him "pay" he also wondered about ransom, but they aren't extremely wealthy, right?

We've discussed his occupation, wish I could quickly link to the post... but he is not a "higher up."

I may have missed something. Why are you assuming she circled back to University? She could have turned left on Azalea St and headed into the Saints Streets area.

I used to bike that exact route as a kid when LCG was Sears.

Would she have turned into LCG lot to head back towards BW house for some reason without being seen on camera??

Then I was correct, she had to have turned into the big lot past where we see her on Camera, for some reason.

Right, and if the white truck turned around and went down University, but disappeared would it have turned to cut her off? Perhaps she felt scared and attempted to back track.

LA

If it was not sinister/planned... what could it be? An accident that was covered up?

Mr. Shunick is not a higher up at Texaco- he hasn't worked for Texaco for over 30years. He is a paleontologist and President of Lafayette Paleo Labs. www.lafayettepaleo.com
I don't see his work being involved with the case at all.
Hope this helps.

Agreed A.C.I.

Did you get in touch with your St. Martin contacts and see if they have anything interesting for you?

Rumors about properties people own and people accusing others. All proven false. Nothing of any kind of use thus far. A lot of LE are actually just as gossipy as everyone else. Not all are in the field. Some work desk jobs, others work courthouse duty etc and they don't have the full details either. But so far, just rumors.

I will say this though, as of right now RM is absolutely NOT a suspect. He was questioned, searched and cleared all based on a tip. But there are lots of false tips on different people coming in, mostly because they dont like the person. Funny but sad. But RM is definitely clear for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne