LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the added sense of closure about RM. I looked on Facebook last night and saw the furor that has erupted between his friends and family and others. I was confused because I hadn't heard that there was ever anything concrete implicating him.

I had not heard this. Furor?

I appreciate that. Sincerely.

I speak from my gut.

If my sibling or loved one went missing, I think my demeanor would be different.
Just saying.

If my son went missing, I wouldn't be smiling and laughing on camera. (with doggie on shoulder)

Just saying...............
I would be pleading and crying.

Just my 2 cents.

PS: red flag for me.
I'm not being ugly so I hope what I am saying is not taken the wrong way....but I know in certain scenarios that involve the loss of a child or spouse etc.....people can get a prescription for anti-anxiety meds with a great deal of ease to get them through that really tough time. I know I it was my family member I'd HAVE TO BE DRUGGED. and I am thinking that the silliness may be sleep deprivation induced state of delirium as well.....and that is just my opinion but it could explain some of her more silly behavior.

The tone of this thread is bothering me. I think frustration and late nights analyzing the minutia has caused delirium. On a brighter note, Katc is reporting a non profit search team from the Woodlands, Tx will be joining in the search.

Only 8 groups showed up to search today, according to KATC 5pm news. They also said another Texas volunteer group with K-9 SAR will arrive Wednesday to help search for Mickey.

I am honored but do not deserve to be included in the same category as Chicken Fried or ACI. Sure I can answer some area-specific questions, but I'm far from a sleuth. I feel my best contribution is when I'm physically out searching. I haven't been able to do so every day b/c of childcare limitations, but I'm out there as much as possible and that is when I feel most productive. Coming here, when I can't be out there, I guess is b/c I would still be thinking about it all day, so I might as well have someone else to think out loud with.Every day I ask myself, "What have I told for Mickey today? For her parents? For her brother and sister? What have I done to help bring Mickey home?" And the days I have searched, I feel like yes, I have done this for Mickey. But, still, it's not enough. She's not home yet!
Yes you do deserve it. You dont even know it but you are my go to person on this thread along w one other!! I am sure you are w others as well. :)

The tone of this thread is bothering me. I think frustration and late nights analyzing the minutia has caused delirium. On a brighter note, Katc is reporting a non profit search team from the Woodlands, Tx will be joining in the search.

It's not delirium, it's frustration. Trust me, every case has this, it's not in any way unusual.

Only 8 groups showed up to search today, according to KATC 5pm news. They also said another Texas volunteer group with K-9 SAR will arrive Wednesday to help search for Mickey.

what defines a group? so are talking half of what it was? 1/4?

I had not heard this. Furor?

This is the most convenient source I could find. It's a link to a screencap of the Facebook conversation following the initial Busted in Acadiana article about RM: http://www.scribd.com/doc/95565511/Rocky-James-Magee-053112

The screencap was uploaded by Busted in Acadiana to scribd. I post it merely as a reference for those who may be interested in the local rumors about RM and whether they're credible or not. For our purposes, I think this link is useful because it shows, clearly, that many people are making accusations without the ability to back them up or even articulate what they're trying to say--yet RM's identity has been dragged through the mud because of the quantity of people talking and the passion with which they're making their accusations. Until there is any concrete evidence, there's nothing to implicate him here.

This is something that has been running through my head and maybe discussed thorughout all the pages. My orig theory was someone drunk and hit her, they panicked a lot to loose mentality. If the truck was damaged I sure wouldnt go to no local body shop, instead I would buy replacement parts online, or salvage yards(not local) out of state through a part finder and repair my truck. I wonder if they having been contacting all online parts shops and salvage yards

Also us being a hug oil workers hub, the perp could of been going out Sunday or when ever following the even, and he could be offshore on a 14 and 7 21 and 7 and sometimes longer hitch

Also if just the bike tire was damage it leads me to beleave or think the speed in which the accident happen wasnt very fast, so imo limiting damage to vehicle

sorry that you went through that!!

but my husband asked me something last night that i dismissed, but now you've got me thinking about his question again. he has NOT been following the case BTW. he asked me what mickey's dad did (career wise) i said he was with Texaco and a higher up there. he asked if it were possible that an underling was ticked off at him for something and took mickey to make him "pay" he also wondered about ransom, but they aren't extremely wealthy, right?

Well, I Think someone has said that he didn't work for Texaco directly but I see what your getting at. My husband works for a large oil and gas company and in the paperwork he got when he first started working there, there was a section about terrorists. Big time terrorist (al-Qaida etc) would go after oil corps because they know the USA would not be the same without its supply of oil and gas. So I'm thinking that definitely not possible.

An Eco-terrorist on the other hand is more possible. Maybe some local college student trying to make a statement about how drilling is destroying the earth... Trying to hurt mickeys dad rather than Mickey. Does that make sense?

Eta: the chances of that actually happening are probably like 1 in a billion... This thought crossed my mind last night and I thought I might share it. Might as well since its an angle that has not been explored yet.

I'm not being ugly so I hope what I am saying is not taken the wrong way....but I know in certain scenarios that involve the loss of a child or spouse etc.....people can get a prescription for anti-anxiety meds with a great deal of ease to get them through that really tough time. I know I it was my family member I'd HAVE TO BE DRUGGED. and I am thinking that the silliness may be sleep deprivation induced state of delirium as well.....and that is just my opinion but it could explain some of her more silly behavior.

JMO...I don't think that is ugly at all. Jmo as a person who studies the brain and who has personally benefited tremendously from psychiatry and neuroscience, there's no shame in anxiolytics, antidepressants, etc etc. As you and others have said, the person is going through hell. Why not take advantage of modern medicine to alleviate your suffering? Some people say that those meds "just treat the symptoms, not the problem." Well, first of all that's not always true, and second...sometimes you gotta take care of some of the symptoms before you can address the problem. :twocents:

Ahh, ok. A case of the telephone game in which people switch a small detail around and pass it on as fact!

re: Lauren Sperier was an anthropology major.

'Naw, a case of a lack of my reading comprehension skills, and then posting it as fact'.

sorry..my bad..

If they could show the perp did not come from interstate, that would be a major clue. IMHO. I could point to a local which would greatly focus the search.

So I'm just wondering if we have looked at what other possible routes there are to get to where the bike was dropped and researched if there might be businesses or individuals with cameras on those alternate routes? maybe another direction to look.

This entire story has me pulled in. I feel like I'm back 10 years ago during the DTL stuff. I was going to LSU at the time and I can tell you that my friends and I were extremely freaked out and took lots of extra precautions not to be alone.

Praying for Mickey and her family all the time.

Maybe a City Hall employee...but in their own vehicle? Or an ex-City Hall employee...
It seems this building is the epicenter of this case...and someone , it seems to me, knew where the cameras were.

It would be remarkably brazen. Asking to be caught.

So I'm just wondering if we have looked at what other possible routes there are to get to where the bike was dropped and researched if there might be businesses or individuals with cameras on those alternate routes? maybe another direction to look.

This entire story has me pulled in. I feel like I'm back 10 years ago during the DTL stuff. I was going to LSU at the time and I can tell you that my friends and I were extremely freaked out and took lots of extra precautions not to be alone.

There is only 3 ways to get underneath the WB bridge where bike was found

1. Shortest commute is I10 interstate from lafayette directly to WB exit
2. By water, you can launch at henderson, butte larose etc and get there by water, but you would have to know where you were going, very easy to get lost
3. Take I49 North to Opelousas, then take 190 east towards baton rouge, then head south on the dirt road that connect between 190 to I10. Drove this roads many of time, very spookey place at night to say the least lol

Agreed, I just dont see a city worker doing that in a city vehicle.

You'll all have to excuse me bc I only can drop in every few days (reading all of the threads greatly hinders how much work I get done in a day)- but is the 3rd white truck still being looked for?

And if so, is it the truck with the bed cover? Because the guy I was talking to said LCG would NOT put bed covers on their trucks. If its the chromed out one, that for sure is not an LCG vehicle.
At first way before the bike was found or before they made ANY pictures public, I was thinking it could be an EX city worker or EX Ccp to know where the cameras are and how to leave behind little to no evidence at the scene at least. Anyway, if it were a city worker I doubt they'd be crazy enough to do it in a city vehicle.

Also there was stuff in and on the news about whether the city government was gonna make the traffic or red light cameras stay or go....wonder what they think now??????

I decided to put the darn truck down for a while, though it won't disappear from the backs of my eyes. :(

Did some semi-sleuthing today and found something interesting. Decided to go down University turned on St. John and then on Brashear. I was very surprised that this street does not connect to Johnston. It loops back to University via Cherry. Then I turned on the Brashear via Johnston it loops to West St. Mary which you can only turn onto Johnston from there. Unless she went through the pillions...they do have some construction being done down both Brashears....Maybe they have cameras?

And maybe she turned on Calder which does connect to Johnston...

Theorying...just waiting for my appointment at the GM dealership...where the white trucks will be abundant..

I grew up in a small town where a guy killed 5 members of his family & had a 3 day start on LE. Everybody in the town was freaked out & it's still a "touchy, feel-ly" issue w/some of the locals. A book has been written since then (this happened in the early 80s) & the book is titled "Guilty but Insane"... The case haunted me so bad that when I went to work for a criminal law firm in the late 90s, we had a case similar to the one (4 ppl were killed) & we requested the crime scene photos from both cases (their both cases the killer was mental) so I was able to see the crime that accorded. Freaked me out!

Why hasn't the LCG surveillance photo of the old car been released? There's a photo of it on University and then later down St. Landry, but nothing from the LCG camera at the corner of University and St. Landry.

LE released photos form the LCG camera showing MS on her bike heading west on St. Landry, a white truck heading west on St. Landry (with the same cars in the background as the MS photo) and a white truck heading east on St. Landry (with on additional car in the background at Circle K).

Why not release that photo? And if they haven't released that photo, are we sure there isn't a photo of Mickey or the west bound truck on St. Landry from the same camera that took this photo?

Mickey-Shunick-Other-Car-Of-Interest-630x494.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member