LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see people questioning CS, which is pretty sad, IMO. She's likely still in total shock over this whole thing.

Publicly, the Shunick family has remained hopeful amid Mickey's mysterious May 19 disappearance, with Charlie actively involved in volunteer search efforts. Even two weeks after her sister vanished — a case that has confounded police and drawn widespread interest locally and nationally — Charlie feels upbeat and positive about her sister's whereabouts.

"Usually, I get a good cry in the morning, the afternoon and in the evening," the older Shunick sister said. "But I feel equally as positive when I'm alone as when I'm with other people. I mean other people just make it so that I'm thinking about other things and doing things rather than just sitting at home going, 'Mickey, where are you? Where in the hell is Mickey?' So it's been OK."

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...-got-hope-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Would she have turned into LCG lot to head back towards BW house for some reason without being seen on camera??

Another rumor about more footage of Mickey after Circle K. Unsubstantiated. But there have been several people claiming such. None from Verified posters.

a quick question. i have seen 3 of the same white z71 4 door trucks in my neighborhood's area with tinted windows. i'd feel quite ridiculous reporting them, but i also feel irresponsible not checking them out. how do we go about this?

oh the "in front of circle K truck" didn't have z71 stamp on the back tail though, did it?

Rumors about properties people own and people accusing others. All proven false. Nothing of any kind of use thus far. A lot of LE are actually just as gossipy as everyone else. Not all are in the field. Some work desk jobs, others work courthouse duty etc and they don't have the full details either. But so far, just rumors.

I will say this though, as of right now RM is absolutely NOT a suspect. He was questioned, searched and cleared all based on a tip. But there are lots of false tips on different people coming in, mostly because they dont like the person. Funny but sad. But RM is definitely clear for now.

Do you have any hopeful words for those of us that are a little sick with worry and feeling a bit unsafe?

Rumors about properties people own and people accusing others. All proven false. Nothing of any kind of use thus far. A lot of LE are actually just as gossipy as everyone else. Not all are in the field. Some work desk jobs, others work courthouse duty etc and they don't have the full details either. But so far, just rumors.

I will say this though, as of right now RM is absolutely NOT a suspect. He was questioned, searched and cleared all based on a tip. But there are lots of false tips on different people coming in, mostly because they dont like the person. Funny but sad. But RM is definitely clear for now.

I can't remember exactly who it was that had suggested you call them, but I kinda figured it wouldn't turn up to be anything significant. Didn't hurt to check!

Would she have turned into LCG lot to head back towards BW house for some reason without being seen on camera??

There are two cameras on the left side parking lot. I believe that has been verified on the ground. So, if the cameras were functionable and operating, I think the answer is probbly no.

Also, if she wanted to go back to BW, she could just do a U-turn on St. Landry and avoid cutting through that dark backside of that building.

Thanks for the added sense of closure about RM. I looked on Facebook last night and saw the furor that has erupted between his friends and family and others. I was confused because I hadn't heard that there was ever anything concrete implicating him.

Yes I agree since you can get to Whiskey Bay from ways other than that part of the interstate.

If they could show the perp did not come from interstate, that would be a major clue. IMHO. It (not I) could point to a local which would greatly focus the search.

A.C.I.

What is your take on the bike at Whiskey Bay? Does this indicate a local to you and do you believe the bike was meant to be found?

Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
"Good doctor and good drugs might help. A child who was at the search headquarters gave Charlie the little dog to make her feel better, so she has kept it with her since she received it.

She appears happy, yes. What we don't see is what happens to that happiness when the family goes behind closed doors. Those of us who have suffered the loss of a child are actually great actors, and we live two different lives, the public one and the private one. We don't often allow anyone into the private grieving life that we live, at lease I don't, I choose to be alone with my grief because I don't want anyone to try and make 'it' better."

Isabelle, I too lost a child, at the hands of another. I totally agree. My smiling through it all slowly launched me straight into a year long, half gallon a day vodka binge for a year and landed me in a treacherous mental breakdown. I feel for you in a way only I can...

Thanks for the added sense of closure about RM. I looked on Facebook last night and saw the furor that has erupted between his friends and family and others. I was confused because I hadn't heard that there was ever anything concrete implicating him.

He dont even drive the same vehicle etc, like ACI said, he was cleared almost as soon as his name came up, dead end

I talked to one St Martin Parsih Sheriff whos was/is highly involved, hes a friend of my father in laws, talked to him early last week. All he would tell me that I can say on here, that it was our Parishs LE feelings it wasnt something planned/sinister etc. Hes nvolved in the search at WB and still is....... Also have more info on the Rumors of the perp that lives in our parish but not really going to spread around more info about that

Wasn't "something planned or sinister". Not sure what you mean. Care to elaborate.

Also, if your perp rumors are regarding Rocky McGee, he has been discussed thoroughly here. But he has been cleared by the police.

Do you have any hopeful words for those of us that are a little sick with worry and feeling a bit unsafe?

All I can say is it may seem like theres not a lot going on, but I assure you there is. LE is working diligently as well as tons of volunteers and others like myself. So everything that can be done is being done.

They are all undoubtedly exhausted.

I would hate for TS to 'take over' and become this thread's next discussion point because people don't like his personality or camera presence. He is very different from CS - much more reserved. I'm afraid people would somehow mistake his demeanor for something else.

Plus, I've said this before -- keeping CS's face on that screen is helping us to all keep Mickey's on our minds, due to the striking resemblance. I thank and applaud Charlie for all she's doing for her sister, her family, and for the community. She is a beacon of hope when there's not much visible optimism left.

Speaking of Mr. Shunick, my SIL went to Blackham Coliseum on Saturday to buy a "Keep Calm and Find Mickey" tshirt. They were sold out and TS offered one of his that he hadn't worn yet to her. :) I watched him on KATC last night and my heart ached for him when he talked about not wanting Mickey to fade from the news and for the public not to forget he has a $25k reward that he would love to pay someone. I can't imagine what his life has been like these last 16days.

Right, and if the white truck turned around and went down University, but disappeared would it have turned to cut her off? Perhaps she felt scared and attempted to back track.

LA

Could be, but I just don't know. The only reason I made that map of an area to make a turn around, was because i thought that if she would have been scared, that would be about the only place where she could have done it, it was either that or go down Brashear.

Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
"Good doctor and good drugs might help. A child who was at the search headquarters gave Charlie the little dog to make her feel better, so she has kept it with her since she received it.

She appears happy, yes. What we don't see is what happens to that happiness when the family goes behind closed doors. Those of us who have suffered the loss of a child are actually great actors, and we live two different lives, the public one and the private one. We don't often allow anyone into the private grieving life that we live, at lease I don't, I choose to be alone with my grief because I don't want anyone to try and make 'it' better."

Isabelle, I too lost a child, at the hands of another. I totally agree. My smiling through it all slowly launched me straight into a year long, half gallon a day vodka binge for a year and landed me in a treacherous mental breakdown. I feel for you in a way only I can...

My deepest condolences to both of you

We've discussed his occupation, wish I could quickly link to the post... but he is not a "higher up."

I don't know exactly where they live, but the neighborhoods near Congress and Ambassador are very middle class, older neighborhoods.

Wasn't "something planned or sinister". Not sure what you mean. Care to elaborate.

Also, if your perp rumors are regarding Rocky McGee, he has been discussed thoroughly here. But he has been cleared by the police.

RM was cleared along time ago............. As far as not sinister, all he meant was not serial killer, stalked etc a victim of DWI driver was there feelings. AND PLEASE take that for what it is, just him talking freeley with me, not saying that she wasnt stalked, some serial killer on the loose etc. Just his gut feelings NOT FACTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne