LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great point! I continue to wonder just exactly what LE knows that leads them to believe that bike was dumped shortly after she was taken/abducted? What could it possibly be for them to determine that?

It would've been impossible for them to keep from the media if the bike were found earlier than they admit, wouldn't it? If it were found earlier and the police were maybe watching it to see if the perp would come back? That's my only theory.

You are right Redhand! I will do my own research on hotels and keep my arrival days to myself!
If the perp is reading this....I am not blond, not tiny, am street smart....and I won't be alone.

I will now commence fretting about you. Aack.

Have you looked at all into crimes on campus? I believe I read they have their own LE. If a crime occurred on campus would it not necessarily have been reported to local LE?

I am with you on looking for other crimes possibly related and leading up to Mickey going missing. Makes all the sense.
JMO

Um, look at the ULL Campus Crime Map, the only dates that you can't click on is the May 20th one, what are the odds?
http://police.louisiana.edu/crime-log/index.shtml

It would've been impossible for them to keep from the media if the bike were found earlier than they admit, wouldn't it? If it were found earlier and the police were maybe watching it to see if the perp would come back? That's my only theory.

Every theory counts

I know this sounds off-the-wall and odd, but have there been any arsons in the area in the past 6 months or so?

Some serial killers start out by setting fires.

IMO the area MS vanished from is not an area I would look for prey if I were the perp. No bars, resturants, etc. If it were truly a scoop and run it had to be spontaneous. He had to make mistakes and in the end will be identified.
I agree. Seems like if the guy was on the hunt for just any female he would have been hanging around the bar areas (downtown would be a good spot) and chosen to follow someone from there ... he would have had a large selection of people to choose from. That's why I believe MS had been singled out before hand and possibly stalked for a period of time to become familiar with her patterns.

If the perp dropped the bike somewhere else and the current carried it to WB...well what are the chances it would end up being found there of all places? I am not local but that seems very coincidental to me. Am I wrong?

Actually, sometimes coincidence happen. I wish I had a link to my own theory. My hands hurt... The short version (and keep in mind that the third map was conjecture as far as the bike's location NOT the actual location:

Perp loads everything in a boat and drives to Butte la Rose:

Butte_La_Rose.jpg

He does in during the day, being casual, with everything under a tarp. He wants deep hard-flowing water, not the shallow stuff.

He heads north and crosses under I-10, until he intersects the Pilot Channel.

Pilot_channel_1.jpg

Continued in next post...

If the perp dropped the bike somewhere else and the current carried it to WB...well what are the chances it would end up being found there of all places? I am not local but that seems very coincidental to me. Am I wrong?

I do think the most straightford, unconvoluted theory would be the perp drived to the Whiskey Bay location, drove up under the overpass to the location under the bridge, and chucked the bike into the water.

The police said they did obtain tire tracks. If they have paired tracks, they could compare the track width to that of of Z-71. The tracks would unfortunately be a week old, so tread pattern may be lost.

But, I don't know if a water dump can be completely dismissed. What it comes down to, in my book, is simply sending cops out to the area to talk to locals. Was any suspicious activity involving a boat on those dates witnessed by anyone. Any 4-door white trucks pulling boats? Any security video, etc? You would think the police have done this.

He then heads south toward Whiskey Bay. But he sees camps all along the left bank, and doesn't want to risk being seen dumping something overboard. He continues unless he gets past the last camp on the left:

Pilot_Channel_2.jpg

He sees the Whiskey Bay bridge ahead, but it's too far for motorists to see what he's doing. He looks back and sees he's too far away from the last camp for anyone to see what he's doing.

He dumps everything overboard. Sees it sink. He turns around and doesn't realize that because he didn't deflate the tires, the bike sank down a ways but then began to move with the current -suspended in the water column. The bike's spokes act like a sail and it slowly sinks, but it moves forward. As the river bends to the right slightly, the bike acts just like trash and begins moving to the left. It hangs up near the bridge - surrounded by trash that has collected as well, due to the bridge being a natural catchment point. The bike is found, and he can't believe it - he thought it sank.........

Pilot_Channel_3.jpg

Again, NOT the exact bike location - for illustration purposes, only.

Especially when LE tells the public to be looking on video till 3:30 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3