LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you JurysOut, but no need for fretting.
I have traveled alone so very many times, live in the middle of the city and I natrually watch my back all the time. Also, I have a friend who wants to go with me and she has special training and skills...and a permit to carry(along with the education and experience to deserve the permit, and a button next to her Lt. badge that says she is an expert marksman). The only thing to fret over is snakes!!! Hate them. But will get past that because this is important and I want to help find Mickey.

That is an excellent plan.

My stance is still, It was someone she knew, and/or someone that is *to be trusted*

Agreed. Either the perp knew her, or had seen her route. Either way, I believe she was targeted. I think that outweighs the chance of a drunk driver.

IF (and it is a big IF), the arsonist that night is also the perp, I am willing to bet he was from Breaux Bridge.

David Berkowitz (Son of Sam) set many fires and kept very extensive records of each one. It is motivated by excitement, possibly for attention, or even sexual perversion.

Many adult serial stalkers tend to set fires too, oddly enough.

I think I have a future serial killer next door. He dropped my dogs leash on a walk when other large dogs were around to see what would happen. He was setting fires in the front yard and filming them. All night and day he plays violent video games and cusses like a Teamster under my bedroom window-derogatory name calling of women and different ethnicities.

He is going to be 17 next week.

I'm not paranoid, either, just something is off with him and as a former teacher I know kids.

That is an excellent plan.

You'll be fine :) We're a very friendly city. Don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch. Be prepared for crazy traffic though, insane center turn lanes, and bad drivers. Your actual danger will be driving... trust me.

Video under the Whiskey Bay Bridge during the flood of 2011. The flood has greatly increased the river current, so not indicative of normal flow conditions. Note the large concrete bridge pylons visible on the right. Notice how much slower the water movement is in this location. This place between the bank and the pylons is creating an eddy in the current. Is seems reasonable that material could aggrerate in this location. Was this where the bike was found?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRwl-rPc_JY

I think I have a future serial killer next door. He dropped my dogs leash on a walk when other large dogs were around to see what would happen. He was setting fires in the front yard and filming them. All night and day he plays violent video games and cusses like a Teamster under my bedroom window-derogatory name calling of women and different ethnicities.

I'm not paranoid, either, just something is off with him and as a former teacher I know kids.

Another sign is extremely late bedwetting and this is really gross, but a very unusual interest in feces. Like, spreading it on walls.

The semester was over. It ended the week of 5/6.

But the campus is never completely shut down. Even when there aren't any classes going on, there are still some people living on campus, and people working on campus.

Another sign is extremely late bedwetting and this is really gross, but a very unusual interest in feces. Like, spreading it on walls.

One time I spent a couple days in the slammer because a check for a no headlight/no bumper ticket after a wreck got lost by the clerks and so I had a warrant I didn't know about. Certain prisoners took delight smearing their green bologna sandwiches on the walls, just to vandalize the place. That took me way back in time ... lol

Ick. It's unbelievable to me that there is literally no intervention available for kids like this.

I have a young relative who needed mental health services. It's disgusting how meager the 'services' are. Shameful.

I have to say, I'm really feeling the idea that a few of you guys threw out there- that the perp/killer/whatever this person is lives extremely close to the spot where Mickey Shunick went missing. Maybe even the exact spot.

That idea could explain so many things:

-The reason for the bike's removal from the scene.
-The absence of any evidence at the point of the disappearance.
-The lack of witnesses.
-The absence of screaming/sounds of a struggle.

This person could have been on foot or in a vehicle, and either scenario could fit with an accident gone very bad or an abduction. Shunick might have been willing to enter the person's home for some reason- say they bumped her off her bike and offered to let her use the phone and wait for a ride inside. If Shunick was injured in an accident, it would be easy for the person to move her inside. Not to mention clean up any evidence of an accident before the search parties arrived.

Kinda out there, but I wonder if any RSOs work at the stable or the pet supply store(name wasnt used on NG)? During the NG interview
It was mentioned that she always used the same pet supply store. Honestly around my area horse/tack items are sold at feed or western stores.

Anyway so many of you theorize about her being stalked, maybe backgrounds should be checked at those locations.

I remember CS saying they checked to see if she was at these spots but I don't remember anyone reporting investigating them.

Aha! Moment right there ma friends!
He then heads south toward Whiskey Bay. But he sees camps all along the left bank, and doesn't want to risk being seen dumping something overboard. He continues unless he gets past the last camp on the left:

Pilot_Channel_2.jpg

He sees the Whiskey Bay bridge ahead, but it's too far for motorists to see what he's doing. He looks back and sees he's too far away from the last camp for anyone to see what he's doing.

He dumps everything overboard. Sees it sink. He turns around and doesn't realize that because he didn't deflate the tires, the bike sank down a ways but then began to move with the current -suspended in the water column. The bike's spokes act like a sail and it slowly sinks, but it moves forward. As the river bends to the right slightly, the bike acts just like trash and begins moving to the left. It hangs up near the bridge - surrounded by trash that has collected as well, due to the bridge being a natural catchment point. The bike is found, and he can't believe it - he thought it sank.........

Pilot_Channel_3.jpg

Again, NOT the exact bike location - for illustration purposes, only.

but a very unusual interest in feces. Like, spreading it on walls.

Well, he does use the s%#t word continuously!

And so the bike ends up being found HERE, by sheer coincidence....
I'm wondering to if he did drop the bike from a boat that once it drifted downstream it got hung up/wedged between one of the concrete bridge pillars and the rocks near the bank which kept it from moving any further. I believe the reporter mentioned to you the area where it was found was rocky.

The perp should have done his homework better maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockDuck