LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The flashing lights on her bike would have served to establish an easily recognizable pattern for anyone watching on a consistent basis

The flashing lights would have confirmed her identity from afar and allowed time for last minute preparation if someone anticipated her passing by that night

Excellent point.

The flashing lights on her bike would have served to establish an easily recognizable pattern for anyone watching on a consistent basis

The flashing lights would have confirmed her identity from afar and allowed time for last minute preparation if someone anticipated her passing by that night

or 3-4+ hours prep if she was spotted on her way there. And haven't seen much on what her day & evening activities were before the music show. If it were around 9-10pm ish - maybe BW mentioned that time as when they or she arrived at the venue. Perp would have had time to even take a nap knowing bars close at 2.

This supports the perp on foot theory, too. I'm not sure if she met BW at BW's house & they rode together or they just both met up at Artmosphere for the free live music benefit.

BBM

yay!
:woohoo:

Another good point. We've been so focused on the WT and some kind of smash and grab, or hit and run, involving it. I'm not sure it's involved at all.

So, I'm thinking perp on foot, too.

Good point. If he saw her earlier in the evening on the way to BW's house, then he knows at some point she'll be back. All he has to do is wait...

Did she mention on FB where she was going or did her facebook friends mention she was there?

Rhetorical questions

I would not be surprised at all if the perp stalked her from Artmosphere.... and the truck was following her, on the phone with a second perp on foot to alert him when she drew near the ambush point.

They had both (or maybe even three) seen her riding by at times, and someone recognized her as someone who went to Artmosphere - ... they had seen her at BOTH places before.... both at Artmosphere, and also as she rode by the waylay point on her trips back home, and so laid an ambush for the next time they saw her at Artmosphere.

I'm so late to the ballgame, I'm sure, but I would guess the perp frequented the same places she went.... and either recognized her later on her night rides... or the reverse... saw her night rides, and recognized her at Artmosphere or wherever.

So my thinking is evolving on this.... I think that the perp(s) had seen her at BOTH locales, and so this was a plan, all the way.

He's crazy. He's also told me all the things he plans to do when he catches me. He showed me the toolbag he keeps hidden in the ceiling tiles in his office.

I was freaked out for the first 5 years, moved away, blah blah blah..

I guess you could say my life is sort of constructed around not being accessible.

Stalkers are extremely focused, determined and tenacious.

If someone wanted Mickey, specifically, they'd wait.

This site has been a real eyeopener for me.... I notice that there seem to be more women than men... and some of the stories ya'll are telling - thanks... it's sensitizing me more to these issues. So different than a lot of men's issues....

I have heard women joke half-seriously about, "oh, he's a stalker," jjust meaning a guy they don't want to go out with. But a true stalker...... terrifying. '

Stay safe!!

Came across an interesting website: Solarspectrum Tarot (is it ok that I put the name on here?). I usually don't like those sorts of foolishness, but there is a "reading" on there that is rather intriguing about Mickey's disappearance..... Sorry if this has been mentioned.

Very interesting. I am curious to know what comes out of it. As interesting as the post, is the comment!! I was looking at the map earlier, and thought about this exit, took a drive with google feature. I would think he would not drive further with her than necessary, then dispose of the bike... jmo

It just occurred to me that a lot of our thinking, earlier at least, seems to prefer an older "pervy" man, and so it shaped our thinking. I just thought about what a different case for police to pursue if it's one of her peers. Different approach... kids are so networked, as opposed to a pervy loner....

I could see a tight circle of kids keeping a secret for awhile... and then one of them finally cracking.

I would not be surprised at all if the perp stalked her from Artmosphere.... and the truck was following her, on the phone with a second perp on foot to alert him when she drew near the ambush point.

They had both (or maybe even three) seen her riding by at times, and someone recognized her as someone who went to Artmosphere - ... they had seen her at BOTH places before.... both at Artmosphere, and also as she rode by the waylay point on her trips back home, and so laid an ambush for the next time they saw her at Artmosphere.

I'm so late to the ballgame, I'm sure, but I would guess the perp frequented the same places she went.... and either recognized her later on her night rides... or the reverse... saw her night rides, and recognized her at Artmosphere or wherever.

So my thinking is evolving on this.... I think that the perp(s) had seen her at BOTH locales, and so this was a plan, all the way.

My theory from the beginning has been that with the aid of the flashing lights on her bike she stood out and established a pattern in the area of BW's home as being a frequent visitor with late-night patterns. I am still of the mind she was watched by someone local to that area and could have been hunted by two perps from the time she left BW's, someone who knew the neighborhoods and the route well.

Did she mention on FB where she was going or did her facebook friends mention she was there?

Rhetorical questions

I don't know that but the venue has a fan page. And I looked at it the other day & I thought I saw quite a bit of promotion for that night that I don't see now. And didn't think to look at their Past Events until now and there is not one there now to see who said they'd be there on the public page. 6 people 'liked' the announcement day of the show.

So you're thinking she was the specific target?

I can't decide if that's worse than just fate...the latter is horrible and sad, the former is more terrifying. Although it's tough to say anything is more terrifying than totally random acts of evil.

My alarm clock will be hitting me over the head in 5 hours.

TTFN

There has to be some kind of consistency to her route, because the security guard at the hospital seemed to know her entire route. I know that the route she apparently took is not the route that BW and her family have mentioned in interviews, but I wonder if LE specifically told them not to mention her usual route.

Let me clarify this one thing. Reviewing my old post, my writing was a bit unclear, but also people went off on their own sleuthing the guard and turned it into Mickey spilling her guts to the guard at the hospital. All the guard provided was that she used to turn left onto St. Julien, because contrary to one poster who stated with no factual basis that the guards don't go outside, the guards DO go outside on a little golf cart and the guard saw her pass by and turn there often. Once I told the guard that Mickey needed to get to Congress to get home, the guard said that made sense, because St. Julien took her right to Johnston and Cajundome without having to mess with Coliseum.

I never meant to imply that the guard had prior knowledge of her entire route.... the guard just had the piece of the puzzle that was missing.

I don't know that but the venue has a fan page. And I looked at it the other day & I thought I saw quite a bit of promotion for that night that I don't see now. And didn't think to look at their Past Events until now and there is not one there now to see who said they'd be there on the public page. 6 people 'liked' the announcement day of the show.

Hmm...you know how you get notified of events and you can click 'will attend?' s

Or the bad guy just plain followed her every move..

I dunno

I don't want it to have been terrifying, though I'm sure it was.

It just occurred to me that a lot of our thinking, earlier at least, seems to prefer an older "pervy" man, and so it shaped our thinking. I just thought about what a different case for police to pursue if it's one of her peers. Different approach... kids are so networked, as opposed to a pervy loner....

I could see a tight circle of kids keeping a secret for awhile... and then one of them finally cracking.

From your keyboard to god's ear

Let me clarify this one thing. Reviewing my old post, my writing was a bit unclear, but also people went off on their own sleuthing the guard and turned it into Mickey spilling her guts to the guard at the hospital. All the guard provided was that she used to turn left onto St. Julien, because contrary to one poster who stated with no factual basis that the guards don't go outside, the guards DO go outside on a little golf cart and the guard saw her pass by and turn there often. Once I told the guard that Mickey needed to get to Congress to get home, the guard said that made sense, because St. Julien took her right to Johnston and Cajundome without having to mess with Coliseum.

I never meant to imply that the guard had prior knowledge of her entire route.... the guard just had the piece of the puzzle that was missing.

I understood what you meant about the guard. Maybe we should be looking at St. Julien Street it makes sense to me. I don't exactly remember whats down St. Julien to the left.

The guard related a poignant story about another guard confronting Mickey about cutting across a part of the lot, coming up from St. Mary one time, asking why she was out so late by herself because it wasn't safe... and Mickey talked back, saying, "well if it's so dangerous, then what are you doing out here at 2 a.m. then? The guard told her, "because we can go inside if we need to. Mickey laughed it off and rode away. Both guards are pretty upset, the one guard told me, especially that one, because she said she wished somehow she could have gotten through to Mickey how unsafe it was. Mickey's friends swarmed the grounds looking for her, and the cops went through the hopital and parking structures with a a fine-tooth comb.

From your keyboard to god's ear

From your keyboard to google, too. It is that quick. I see google spider picks up our comments instantly. I've searched words/places/names that I see here within one minute & the first hit is always the comment I just read it at.

I understood what you meant about the guard. Maybe we should be looking at St. Julien Street it makes sense to me. I don't exactly remember whats down St. Julien to the left.

Empty space. Huge, eerie vacant lot. i think it is or was a bus parking lot or something.

Very interesting. I am curious to know what comes out of it. As interesting as the post, is the comment!! I was looking at the map earlier, and thought about this exit, took a drive with google feature. I would think he would not drive further with her than necessary, then dispose of the bike... jmo

Read it..yikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member