LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found multiple cameras today on Johnston that have yet to be checked by LE or the owners. Also some close to her home not checked. Working on seeing all the video today

That's appalling.

Not a good outcome for MS.

Simply appalling.

Here's an angle I can't stop thinking about so I'll post it for the record -

To the right of Circle K when you're facing it from where MS caught on tape, there is a building that has a restaurant called Buns and a Pizza Hut side-by-side.
In front there is a parking lot. Could MS have crossed over St. Landry street to meet up with someone there and gotten into a car along with her bike?

Maybe LE is looking for the driver of the truck solely to question them if they witnessed something like that happening. It looks like the Buns and PH are out of range from the camera. Also, if MS got in a vehicle quietly, I don't think the gas station peeps would necessarily notice.

Has this building been checked for cameras?

That's appalling.

Simply appalling.

Yes indeed because my theory, and that's all it is, is that she may have either gone out Brashear, scalled the little curb where the barriers are, or gone over to Cherry right there beside the barriers where a vehicle couldn't go had she been persued and gone onto Johnston. Had the truck done the same, he would have needed to circle around on Cherry, back out onto University then turn onto Johnston.

C'mon - don't make definitive statements like "there is no shortcut" that that I have to sit here and rebut before I leave, when it's plain as day on the map, and I personally saw it. SE corner.

Definitive statements not backed up by fact cause confusion.

Look Chicken, I appreciate all the work you do but I tend to make "definitive statements" when my eyes make definitive conclusions. There is no shortcut on the SE corner of this map

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=500+St.+Landry,+Lafayette,+la&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x86249c8a0a6fca9f:0xd85dbc399fd4864b,500+St+Landry+St,+Lafayette,+LA+70506&gl=us&ei=e0fOT6L7N4T48gS9_IWHCw&oi=geocode_result&ved=0CAgQ8gEwAA

There's Dunreath which leads to a drainage area and the closed rear portion of the hospital.

ETA: unless you call taking the sidewalk through the building from Dunreath a shortcut but that would be the same distance by simply staying on the road. A "shortcut" implies a shorter distance. Not the same distance.

Just a suggestion for those wishing to sleuth locations in detail: Google Earth is a free, downloadable program that allows one to see things from street view and to be precise.

I have found it to be very helpful. Google maps by itself is not too bad, but not the greatest.

Link to download Google Earth HERE

Look Chicken, I appreciate all the work you do but I tend to make "definitive statements" when my eyes make definitive conclusions. There is no shortcut on the SE corner of this map

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=500+St.+Landry,+Lafayette,+la&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x86249c8a0a6fca9f:0xd85dbc399fd4864b,500+St+Landry+St,+Lafayette,+LA+70506&gl=us&ei=e0fOT6L7N4T48gS9_IWHCw&oi=geocode_result&ved=0CAgQ8gEwAA

There's Dunreath which leads to a drainage area and the closed rear portion of the hospital.

ETA: unless you call taking the sidewalk through the building from Dunreath a shortcut but that would be the same distance by simply staying on the road. A "shortcut" implies a shorter distance. Not the same distance.

But that wouldn't be the SW corner. The SW corner would be near the Lourdes Regional Medical Center would be, if that's the spot Chicken is trying to explain.

OK, I see the problem,..I apologize. you read my post in the 15 seconds after I posted it and then changed SE to SW.

My bad!!!

the post now says SW corner.

You have quick fingers, my friend!!

Wow... I edited that thing in like 15 seconds, and Jefferson still spotted it.

Again, I apologize!

That's appalling.

Simply appalling.

I just learned why. The cameras I found are past Mel's Diner (Im going to check them none the less) but neither Mickey or any VOI was seen on Johnston as far as Mels Diner. So we now know she didnt make it that far.

And before you ask, the Mels cameras can see every side of the building. So she didnt cut through the parking lot or go around it or anything

I agree.. I can't say that I would stop for a security guard (male or female) at 2am- even if I were trespassing. A police officer? Definitely.

** Edited to add: I know that means nothing. Mickey isn't me, she may have felt safe enough, recognized the guard, etc.

I work at a place with 'security' at the perimeter. Every day when I come in, I chat with the lady in the booth. She's a chatty sort and has taken a liking to me. I've had to build extra minutes into my schedule - I might want to illegally park some day

If I passed her at 2AM, I'd speak to her if she flagged me down.

I guess we'd have to know how frequently they chatted and how long this back & forth existed.

Jefferson- Not sure this makes a difference but Chicken's original post said SW not SE.

Folks, I'm so tired, and my hands are almost gone. My hands are making my brain cranky.

Sorry!

To the right of Circle K when you're facing it from where MS caught on tape, there is smallish building that has a restaurant called Buns and a Pizza Hut.
In front there is a good sized shallowish parking lot. Could MS have crossed St. Landry to meet up with someone there and gotten in a car with her bike?

Maybe LE is looking for the driver of the truck only to ask them if they witnesses something like that happen. It looks like the Buns and PH aren't in the range of the camera. Also, if MS got in quietly, I don't think the gas station peeps would notice, why would they?

My google man's been walking past that spot, too.

In my opinion, MS was far enough out from the curb to be anticipating crossing fairly soon.

I just learned why. The cameras I found are past Mel's Diner (Im going to check them none the less) but neither Mickey or any VOI was seen on Johnston as far as Mels Diner. So we now know she didnt make it that far.

And before you ask, the Mels cameras can see every side of the building. So she didnt cut through the parking lot or go around it or anything

I <3 preemptive disclaimers

Take some Aleve. I have OsteoArthritis and I take it twice a day, it seems to work. Feel better Chicken!

Thanks - I'm allergic to Aleve. Ibuprofen isn't doing it. The nerves themselves are swollen so I have to take a break.,

Still working on things away from the computer, though.

To the right of Circle K when you're facing it from where MS caught on tape, there is a building that has a restaurant called Buns and a Pizza Hut side-by-side.
In front there is a parking lot. Could MS have crossed over St. Landry street to meet up with someone there and gotten into a car along with her bike?

Maybe LE is looking for the driver of the truck solely to question them if they witnessed something like that happening. It looks like the Buns and PH are out of range from the camera. Also, if MS got in a vehicle quietly, I don't think the gas station peeps would necessarily notice.

Has this building been checked for cameras?

bumping to ask a local the question I added - if Pizza Hut building has a camera.

I found multiple cameras today on Johnston that have yet to be checked by LE or the owners. Also some close to her home not checked. Working on seeing all the video today

That's disgusting. :burn:

There is no excuse for this. None. None.

Can a complaint be filed with the State's Attorney General? An investigation of this investigation is warranted.

Holy crap. I'm incensed.

Artis - no wonder they've been so tight lipped. OY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper