LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks - I'm allergic to Aleve. Ibuprofen isn't doing it. The nerves themselves are swollen so I have to take a break.,

Still working on things away from the computer, though.

If you think it's carpel tunnel, you should wear a wrist brace when using the computer, and you should also consider having surgery. My only regret about having the surgery was that I waited so long to do it.
:seeya:

Something else about the planned abduction theory:

This guy may have driven the route many times to plan his crime. He could have driven it day and night. Planning.

I wonder if city hall video (night and day) from dates prior to May 19 has been examined?

If the same vehicle keeps turning up multiple times, particularly late at night, that could point to a VOI.

Not to be creepy, but that's what I would do...many dry runs. The higher the stakes, the more I prepare or practice. If I were going to abduct someone I would know every inch of the target area like the back of my hand...no surprises, please. I realize that this is a terrible idea, btw, because I'd be easily recognizable as "that girl studying the streets."

Here's an example. I love to run, and part of the fun is taking different routes as I travel or move my home. I don't have the high-tech apps or equipment like wristwatch gps, so when I have a new route I wanna try, I go on mapmyrun.com and plan it out. Then I check it out with my walking companion (Mr Google Man). Then, at approx the time of day I anticipate running it, I drive it if it's on the roads. I want to know about traffic conditions...are there blind curves? Narrow roads? Places it will be hard to cross the street? Basically stuff that can affect my safety.

I have no idea. I had assumed they were working to get all surveillance videos early on, since that could provide key info to finding Mickey. It really upsets me. Some of those businesses may or may not still have the footage. Did the LE think simply announcing they were interested in video was good enough? Surely not, right? Please tell me I'm missing something here.

We're on the same page. Seems like after week one LE could assure the public that all video surveillance has been looked at - in other words - make that a priority within the order of investigation (my brain is very foggy both yesterday and today so hope I'm being clear) and just knock that part of the investigation out. It's something labor intensive but tangible that can be done. It's a concrete focused effort that can produce fruit so it's worth it. Why would LE stop short of this task being completed?

Unless they have other evidence that points in another direction.

Carrying it somewhere? In the process of moving? Just bought it? Taking it to work?

(We're speaking of the possible fan in back seat of truck here.) Have it on hand for use in the powered but un-airconditioned garage or outbuilding where they might want to stash an abduction victim ...? :what: (Not likely, but jumped to mind.)

Is the Taco Bell on Congress closer to Ryan, or the Taco Bell closer to Artmosphere?

The first time i read that MS and BW went to taco bell i assumed it was the one on johnston st. the one on congress is double the distance compared to the one on the corner of johnston and st. mary. i live in the same area and never think to go to the location on congress.

so why did BW and MS drive double the distance? The taco bell on johnston doesn't get busy until after 2 am...its always pretty dead until just after 2 when the drunk people get hungry..

We're on the same page. Seems like after week one LE could assure the public that all video surveillance has been looked at - in other words - make that a priority within the order of investigation (my brain is very foggy both yesterday and today so hope I'm being clear) and just knock that part of the investigation out. It's something labor intensive but tangible that can be done. It's a concrete focused effort that can produce fruit so it's worth it. Why would LE stop short of this task being completed?

Unless they have other evidence that points in another direction.

I still don't understand how business or homeowners could have missed the call to examine their footage, unless they're summering in Switzerland.

Thanx for all the ideas. To me it "looks like" a box fan, or a hubcap.

I'm looking at your ideas, and still googling.

honestly the first thing that came to mind was a hubcap. i wonder if LE noticed any missing hubcaps in the video of the truck

Being a Choppers logo would make sense. Plus, the truck has racks on it, which would be for possibly hauling a motorcycle.

Someone HAS to know who has this truck OR the people were out of towners and have no idea their truck was caught on camera and they have zilch to do with it.

Not to be creepy, but that's what I would do...many dry runs. The higher the stakes, the more I prepare or practice. If I were going to abduct someone I would know every inch of the target area like the back of my hand...no surprises, please. I realize that this is a terrible idea, btw, because I'd be easily recognizable as "that girl studying the streets."

Well I think it is necessary to put ourselves into the mind of perpetrator. So, you don't need for feel apologetic.

Also, the "no suprises" aspect make we rule out the city hall area. He may know where the camera blind spots are, but the crime would have to go perfect to not show up on video. If she escaped his first assault and started to get away, he could get caught on tape.

it does closely resemble that.....ive been stuck on it for awhile thinking it was a back glass sticker. not sure if the pixelation just isnt picking up on the lettering, but im about to start googling all possible variations of that logo to see what i can find. personally it doesnt reaaally look like a fan to me, although it may very well be.

Fan could just be stuck in my head. My AC was out last week and there were fans all over the house. I had to buy a couple of new ones and carried them home in my backseat.

ok so related but not specific to the case: So if I was wanting to put cameras outside of my house, what do I look into getting? Would something like this work?

http://www.x10.com/promotions/airsight_wireless_ip_camera.html?YBINT

I'm just sitting here thinking yanno if something like this were to happen in my neighborhood I would want to be the person that had the camera that could help. Not to mention it will help with our own security around our own house.

I'm looking at the Google map and there is no shortcut from St. Mary to St. Landry through any kind of driveway at Lourdes. The only road would be Dunreath which ends in a drainage ditch. Lourdes is a series of interconnected buildings. I dont' see how she could take a short cut.

there is a driveway between the offices on st Mary that connects to the parking tower of olol. That would be a shortcut.

Here's an example. I love to run, and part of the fun is taking different routes as I travel or move my home. I don't have the high-tech apps or equipment like wristwatch gps, so when I have a new route I wanna try, I go on mapmyrun.com and plan it out. Then I check it out with my walking companion (Mr Google Man). Then, at approx the time of day I anticipate running it, I drive it if it's on the roads. I want to know about traffic conditions...are there blind curves? Narrow roads? Places it will be hard to cross the street? Basically stuff that can affect my safety.

Not creepy. Smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member