LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
there is a driveway between the offices on st Mary that connects to the parking tower of olol. That would be a shortcut.

I'm getting a bit confused. Who are we thinking would have used this shortcut?

I think I missed something.

TIA

Personally, I can't see even getting rid of the bike UNLESS it was too late for Mickie to be okay...getting rid of the bike seems like a panic attempt to remove all traces of her. JMO

I agree. I'm thinking the perp wasn't expecting Mickey riding her bicycle to have been caught on surveillance video. If we didn't have that video, we wouldn't be able to verify that Mickey went anywhere on her bike that night.

The baseball bat thought is terrifying.

It is good to review the possibility of a perp on foot.

JMO

What about the good old

hey excuse me but im lost can you tell me how to go get to_______
And bam he grabbs her!

It dosent have to be so brutal!
No baseball bAT NEEDED

And that is EXACTLY how rumors get started. EXACTLY.

The member that posted that was contacted by moderators long ago. He has been given the opportunity to be verified and has refused to even acknowledge a Mod PM. That is the person's right, but consider that for what it is worth.

This is the internet folks. Just because someone flys by and posts some juicy tidbit doesn't mean it is factual. Be careful drinking the spiked kool-aid when you don't know who mixed it up, iykwim.

That post is not to be referenced again here for any reason, got it?

Thanks for the alerts and thank you for limiting the quoting and carrying on. It was noted who obliged! Much appreciate it! :blowkiss:

Got it sorry! :) I tried to delete my post but I think it was gone before I was able to. :please: for mercy!

As far as the getting hit by a vehicle theory goes, and the questions around there being no evidence of an accident left behind, have we discussed the possibility of her flying up on to the vehicle itself, rather than landing in the road/on the side of the road? Or even flying/rolling over the vehicle into the back of the truck?

What kind of hit would have to occur to make that happen? Is it possible? That would leave all evidence off the roadway and surrounding area.

What if LE has all but solved this case already and that is why they seem to be sort of quiet? Just a thought.

As far as the getting hit by a vehicle theory goes, and the questions around there being no evidence of an accident left behind, have we discussed the possibility of her flying up on to the vehicle itself, rather than landing in the road/on the side of the road? Or even flying/rolling over the vehicle into the back of the truck?

What kind of hit would have to occur to make that happen? Is it possible? That would leave all evidence off the roadway and surrounding area.

I think it would be possible that SHE herself could have, but the bike? Not so sure.

I just have to say im in tears.....

Everyone is emotional about it all, maybe thats part of the problem Im not sure. The rumor mill is going nuts around town but its been like that for days now and honestly I think if LE would just hold another presser to calm everyone down and either give a little info or reiterate the info we need to be focused on it would help tremendously. The family has issued another "don't post rumors on facebook or send them to us, call the tipline, LE or PI" type of message - last time it was right before we found something out (the bike), this time it could just be to make sure tips are going to the right place and not CS's personal facebook inbox, the tshirt donation email, etc.

What if LE has all but solved this case already and that is why they seem to be sort of quiet? Just a thought.

I sure hope that's the case. I'm not overly encouraged, though, by today's Advertiser article stating that not all the forensics on the bike have come back from the lab yet.

I think it would be possible that SHE herself could have, but the bike? Not so sure.

That's what I'm not so sure about either. It would have to be the "perfect hit" for something like that to happen, right?

The cameras I found in the brashear neighborhood today dont quite see the street or sidewalk. :(

So Im still running in circles apparently

I sure hope that's the case. I'm not overly encouraged, though, by today's Advertiser article stating that not all the forensics on the bike have come back from the lab yet.

Could be just stalling for a presser?

The cameras I found in the brashear neighborhood today dont quite see the street or sidewalk. :(

So Im still running in circles apparently

Were you intently examining the sidewalk across from the LCG building when Donamena drove past, by any chance?

What about the good old

hey excuse me but im lost can you tell me how to go get to_______
And bam he grabbs her!

It dosent have to be so brutal!
No baseball bAT NEEDED

not saying this is or isn't what happened but I think it is a valid idea. IMO a lot of runners or cyclists get closer than I would to someone in a vehicle asking for directions. Eg., a couple moths ago I was running on a semi-rural street when a couple in an SUV slowed down and rolled down their window. They asked if I'd seen their runaway dog. (And actually I had and I doubt there was anything sinister about them.) but I stayed where I was, which was across the road from the vehicle, to answer the questions. I know that some people will go right up to the car window. There was a poster on WS, sorry I can't remember the name, who was participating in a self-defense exercise where she knew that the instructor was gonna approach her in a car and try to pull her in...and she still got pulled in thru the window in hardly any time. He pulled up to ask for directions, she leaned downbythe window to answer, and just that quick it happened.

A horrible thought...

But there was that case where a female DUI (way over the top) drove home with the victim on her vehicle hood/windshield...and let him die in her garage. :(

I don't intend to sound incompassionate about Mickey...to the contrary, I have so much compassion...but I think we need to detach a bit, in order to sleuth and be helpful to solving crimes.

Also, I hope this didn't happen to Mickey...

Just think we need to consider all the options (million?) and keep brainstorming and sleuthing.

Just like a tip called in...someone's speculative/brainstorming post may help...

Please address me as Pollyanna from now on. ;) j/k

Could somebody point me to the rules concerning the handling on rumors, please.

I have looked through "Rules: Etiquette and Information" and the "Terms of Service" pages. I can't find anything. I also did a keyword search and "rumor" just comes up once. And that is referring specifically to linking to social networks like Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx