LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to think how a vehicle could "bump" a cyclist and not have the cyclist fall over...wouldn't it a gravity/science-type thing? I mean if she was sitting still and a moving vehicle hit her, surely the impact would be great enough to send her and the bike flying and if they were both moving, the greater weight of the vehicle should impact the bike enough to tip it over. And if she WAS sitting still for some reason, surely she would not be oblivious to a car creeping up close to her to knock her over without noticing?

It just seems to me that she more likely agreed to a ride with someone, for some reason...she either knew the person or had met/seen them, perhaps at school or stables, etc...any sort of contact between bike and car/truck SHOULD have resulted in some type of evidence on the ground.

JMO of course, but I know I hit a bike in my driveway once, just very gently, barely moving at all and it tipped over. I know a person would add some weight but still...

And yet...the bike is damaged, so what do I know...

THIS!!! Some people have been discounting the Tasha Patterson bike-truck pickup incident (http://www.katc.com/news/woman-says...d-up-by-the-same-truck-in-surveilance-photos/) and wondering why she didn't report it until the MS case - I imagine she was in the same boat as tresptip OR didn't think she could report it because the guy didn't actually do anything to her.

Now someone PLEASE tell me what ever came of this? I never heard it mentioned again and it is still still still bothering me.

(Yes, I understand that everyone is after a Z71 now, not the Texas Edition GMC described in the article.... but still.)

MOO: This was a crime of opportunity. If it was at all premeditated, it was only decided very shortly before - like Tasha Patterson's incident. Somewhere AFTER the Circle K, MS was hit, resulting in 1 (or both) of 2 things:
- Her bike was damaged to the point that she could no longer ride it home
- She sustained internal injuries which wouldn't necessarily leave blood all over the road..
In addition to one/both of these factors, something about the perp(s) made her trust him/her/them enough to accept a ride.

Again, MOO.

Nothing came of the Tasha incident that I am aware of. HTH :)

I don't think the canines will find anything that the search people couldn't have found.They would have noticed any disturbed ground and I doubt if the perp would have gone very far into the woods to bury her as he would of had to carry a shovel in one hand and the body in the other or risk making 2 trips.If she has been buried its probably far away in another town or in the perps own back yard.

Mamita-
No doubt chicken & aci are out fighting the good fight! The WT info made me feel like I was bleeding from my ears, so I put it aside to concentrate on your map. Does anyone know if the phrase "off of St Landry" could include before St Mary? If she made it to St Mary from Cherry, (I can't see how far down from the 2 med complexes are to see if they're before or after Cherry)
Do the two medical complexes on St Mary buildings have cameras?
Does Old Time grocery have cameras? What about BK, Brisbano, tattoo shop, the UL-L building?
Not wanting to second-guess LE, but when I asked about the grid the other day- does anyone know (aci or chicken, boots-on-the-ground) know if LE went door-to-door from University to St Landry, St Landry to Johnston w/ all those streets in between? As I think you said before- the posts would keep a vehicle out. Just wondering?

This may help

Attachments

• hospital.jpg
    hospital.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 39
Putting these maps and pictures like I did yesterday on alternate route for Mickey to have traveled to not be caught on the camera at 216 Landry. If someone had been following her in a vehicle, he would have had to circle around, and head to University Ave. Also, per ACI, she was not caught on any camera further down Brashear.

I agree this could be her likely path if she didnt remain on saint landry. but the only thing is that it would be difficult for a vehicle to follow close behind her, because of the roadblock on cherry. Unless the person knew her route and was following alongside saint mary, waiting for her to cross to saint mary or johnston. Just thinking outloud.

I hope that LE has been able to find out what that last text message she received was in reference to and who sent it.

Someone mentioned Ray Bradbury predicting cell phones at the end of the last thread. I figured it was worth noting that he passed away at age 91, today. RIP

There really is no explanation of that white blob, except that they possibly had people walking there that they didn't want put out to the public, or a vehicle sitting there. But, even if that was the case, she still made it down to the Circle K without incident. Here's that picture.
Aaa ah but I can only see this on an iPad so I can't twis it-twirl it or whatever to get it clear. Do I have this right:

25 speed. Rectangular blob. ?? Sliver of a blob
Sign. Faint WT
Camera. Post
??

Nothing came of the Tasha incident that I am aware of. HTH :)

So this creep is still driving around looking for pretty girls to get in his truck. Great.

Wouldn't you say it's possible that the perp is the same kind of guy though? And yes, it may overlap with the drunk driver theory - he could have been a bit drunk and EXTRA motivated...

I don't think the canines will find anything that the search people couldn't have found.They would have noticed any disturbed ground and I doubt if the perp would have gone very far into the woods to bury her as he would of had to carry a shovel in one hand and the body in the other or risk making 2 trips.If she has been buried its probably far away in another town.

Not necessarily! He could have her in his own backyard and ditched the bike at WB just to put everyone off the scent...literally :(

THIS!!! Some people have been discounting the Tasha Patterson bike-truck pickup incident (http://www.katc.com/news/woman-says...d-up-by-the-same-truck-in-surveilance-photos/) and wondering why she didn't report it until the MS case - I imagine she was in the same boat as tresptip OR didn't think she could report it because the guy didn't actually do anything to her.

Now someone PLEASE tell me what ever came of this? I never heard it mentioned again and it is still still still bothering me.

(Yes, I understand that everyone is after a Z71 now, not the Texas Edition GMC described in the article.... but still.)

MOO: This was a crime of opportunity. If it was at all premeditated, it was only decided very shortly before - like Tasha Patterson's incident. Somewhere AFTER the Circle K, MS was hit, resulting in 1 (or both) of 2 things:
- Her bike was damaged to the point that she could no longer ride it home
- She sustained internal injuries which wouldn't necessarily leave blood all over the road..
In addition to one/both of these factors, something about the perp(s) made her trust him/her/them enough to accept a ride.

Again, MOO.

I don't think much more ever came from that situation. At first I thought TP (what unfortunate initials to be stuck with) may have just been an attention seeker, b/c A) she didn't report it at the time and B) she was going on about a GMC Sierra Texas Edition, b/c that was one of the guesses in trying to ID the DWTIQ. When it came out that it was a Z71, I thought, ok, that will either shut her up (if she was just lying for attention) or if it did really happen, it's probably unrelated. A quick visit to her FB reveals that her mother only recently learned about the incident, and was quite upset that she never told her or reported it and also, TP, after reviewing the DWTIQ, says no, that's def not the same truck she got a ride in. So, I now think her story could possibly be true, just unrelated to this case. If there really is a guy riding around, all it will take is one other girl to report him with the same description. Now, if he rides around picking up pretty girls on a regular basis and none of them have reported him so far, it may be because they don't want to report him, b/c they are in the habit of getting into trucks with strange men and that's how they make their living. Guess TP isn't in that line of work, her profile shows she works in grocery store.

I hope that LE has been able to find out what that last text message she received was in reference to and who sent it.

I suspect that may be one of the key clues they have, given that they have (to my knowledge, anyway) not identified the sender/recipient of that last text.

I know they have identified Ashley Says as having been on the last phone call which is logged, but I don't believe LE has identified that last texter/textee.

I thought we determined it was from her friend Ashley Says?

Was that ever made clear? There was a phone call. And then there was a text message.

From what I read on previous threads, the phone call was from Ashley.

Was the text message also from Ashley?

Someone mentioned Ray Bradbury predicting cell phones at the end of the last thread. I figured it was worth noting that he passed away at age 91, today. RIP
WS thread: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174873"]Science fiction writer Ray Bradbury, author of 'Fahrenheit 451,' dead at 91[/ame]

OK, back on task! LET THIS BE THE DAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member