LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this creep is still driving around looking for pretty girls to get in his truck. Great.

Wouldn't you say it's possible that the perp is the same kind of guy though? And yes, it may overlap with the drunk driver theory - he could have been a bit drunk and EXTRA motivated...

The creep who picked up Tasha must know everyone is looking for him, so he probably has changed vehicles at this point. I wonder why Tasha lived to tell the tale?

The creep who picked up Tasha must know everyone is looking for him, so he probably has changed vehicles at this point. I wonder why Tasha lived to tell the tale?

B/c not all johns are killers.

Not necessarily! He could have her in his own backyard and ditched the bike at WB just to put everyone off the scent...literally :(

I know, I had edited my post stating that about the same you posted it.

I don't think much more ever came from that situation. At first I thought TP (what unfortunate initials to be stuck with) may have just been an attention seeker, b/c A) she didn't report it at the time and B) she was going on about a GMC Sierra Texas Edition, b/c that was one of the guesses in trying to ID the DWTIQ. When it came out that it was a Z71, I thought, ok, that will either shut her up (if she was just lying for attention) or if it did really happen, it's probably unrelated. A quick visit to her FB reveals that her mother only recently learned about the incident, and was quite upset that she never told her or reported it and also, TP, after reviewing the DWTIQ, says no, that's def not the same truck she got a ride in. So, I now think her story could possibly be true, just unrelated to this case. If there really is a guy riding around, all it will take is one other girl to report him with the same description. Now, if he rides around picking up pretty girls on a regular basis and none of them have reported him so far, it may be because they don't want to report him, b/c they are in the habit of getting into trucks with strange men and that's how they make their living. Guess TP isn't in that line of work, her profile shows she works in grocery store.

Ha, that's probably another reason she didn't tell her mom/LE... She knew the response would be "Well WTH were you doing getting in a truck with a strange man anyway?" She knew in hindsight that it was a stupid decision on her part...

Eh....there are men who like to pick up women for sex. It doesn't make them kidnappers or murderers....unless there is a part of her story I'm missing. Voluntary sex work is not as uncommon as you probably think it is.

Was that ever made clear? There was a phone call. And then there was a text message.

From what I read on previous threads, the phone call was from Ashley.

Was the text message also from Ashley?

I have never seen it made clear regarding the last text message.

There was the 1:31 am phone call
and BW says there was a text after that prior to Mickey leaving his home that night.

No one has reported who that text was from.
JMO

I suspect that may be one of the key clues they have, given that they have (to my knowledge, anyway) not identified the sender/recipient of that last text.

I know they have identified Ashley Says as having been on the last phone call which is logged, but I don't believe LE has identified that last texter/textee.

Gotcha, sorry for unintentionally spreading any misinformation!

Someone mentioned Ray Bradbury predicting cell phones at the end of the last thread. I figured it was worth noting that he passed away at age 91, today. RIP

And what is the relevance to this case in your opinion? Never seen you post before.

I have to agree with the other posters who think that she is closer to the area she disappeared from and the bike was taken farther away to distract those who are looking for her. It is easier to ride around unnoticed with a bike than a person. I also think that the bike may not have been disposed of the same night as the disappearance, perhaps a day or two later even thought LE says it was dropped that same night.

Putting these maps and pictures like I did yesterday on alternate route for Mickey to have traveled to not be caught on the camera at 216 Landry. If someone had been following her in a vehicle, he would have had to circle around, and head to University Ave. Also, per ACI, she was not caught on any camera further down Brashear.

You keep posting this without the caveat that there are two streets she could have turned on before Cherry. The Brashear route does not necessarily end up circling back to University. I've taken that route at least 10 times in the past week sleuthing there. (btw, lots of white trucks in that neighborhood but no Z71 that I saw)

If she turned on Brashear, she could have
a) taken a right on St. John
b) taken a right on Dunreath
c) continued on and jumped the curb to Cherry (your scenario)

There really is no explanation of that white blob, except that they possibly had people walking there that they didn't want put out to the public, or a vehicle sitting there. But, even if that was the case, she still made it down to the Circle K without incident. Here's that picture.

I almost hate to discuss seeing things in these blurry pics, but this is the photo that looks to me as though she could be stopped. I see her leg at an angle to the wheel, and it appears as though her elbow is bent and her hand is up by her face. At first I thought she could be using her phone. Now that you've mentioned a group of people there on the sidewalk, I wonder if she stopped very briefly to speak with them. The hand by her face could be just to brush her hair from her face as they spoke. IMO

If you have no close neighbors it would be much safer to bury her in his own backyard then risk being seen elsewhere.
Do police take their dogs through peoples backyards or is that an invasion of privacy?

I don't know what all has been checked and I can't put feet on ground there because I'm not from that area.
Aci or chicken? I forget you're not here b/c you are always so on-point!!

You keep posting this without the caveat that there are two streets she could have turned on before Cherry. The Brashear route does not necessarily end up circling back to University. I've taken that route at least 10 times in the past week sleuthing there. (btw, lots of white trucks in that neighborhood but no Z71 that I saw)

If she turned on Brashear, she could have
a) taken a right on St. John
b) taken a right on Dunreath
c) continued on and jumped the curb to Cherry (your scenario)

Ok, good, you just posted it, I didn't need to lol. Good for you.

If you have no close neighbors it would be much safer to bury her in his own backyard then risk being seen elsewhere.
Do police take their dogs through peoples backyards or is that an invasion of privacy?

Bury in backyard... carry into house/shed/garage...

I was talking to my parents about their quiet Youngsville neighborhood - although there are neighbors, at that time in the night/morning it is highly unlikely that any of them would have seen or heard anything because they're all SLEEPING. It's possible (hopeful!) that he was/is keeping MS alive somewhere and no one saw her being brought in!

I've been trying to think how a vehicle could "bump" a cyclist and not have the cyclist fall over...wouldn't it a gravity/science-type thing? I mean if she was sitting still and a moving vehicle hit her, surely the impact would be great enough to send her and the bike flying and if they were both moving, the greater weight of the vehicle should impact the bike enough to tip it over. And if she WAS sitting still for some reason, surely she would not be oblivious to a car creeping up close to her to knock her over without noticing?

It just seems to me that she more likely agreed to a ride with someone, for some reason...she either knew the person or had met/seen them, perhaps at school or stables, etc...any sort of contact between bike and car/truck SHOULD have resulted in some type of evidence on the ground.

JMO of course, but I know I hit a bike in my driveway once, just very gently, barely moving at all and it tipped over. I know a person would add some weight but still...

And yet...the bike is damaged, so what do I know...

It's physically impossible for a truck to hit someone on a bicycle and run over the person and the bicycle on the exact spot it hit the person/bicycle. The person and bicycle would have to be welded to the ground. The force of the impact would push the person and bicycle and would cause marks on the road if the truck actually ran over them.

Ok, good, you just posted it, I didn't need to lol. Good for you.

Yesterday I looked into her taking a right onto St. John from Brashear and then coming out on St. Mary. There is a house on St. John with multiple surveillance cameras, but unfortunately they don't quite see the street or sidewalk and they only keep 7 days worth of footage anyway. So no help there.

Unchecked camera on Johnston st. being looked at today that DOES still have the footage from that night, so hopefully something comes from that.

LE would need a search warrant, but to get a search warrant they need probable cause for the search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyl628