LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to everyone here. I've been following here almost from beginning. I got really upset with the lack of info on local news and found this site by search. Dedication here is amazing.
My wife told me not to comment on here because I tend to over think and speculate. I have no idea where she gets the "thinking" part.
Ok. Something that's been bothering me. In image of WT at stop light with person running towards/into circle k. What kind of vehicle is next to gas pump with lights on(obviously engine still running)? To me it looks like a white duelly. Can I get a 2nd opinion? There was a post concerning a white duelly(lake charles) sometime earlier. Also duelly trucks are used alot on ranches(cattle,horses, ect).
Thanks for mentioning this. I was wondering about the status of the WT that was hauled in after being abandoned at the daquiri shop in Lake Charles. any clue?

Also, I know Google guy is several years old but down on St. Landry on the corner of Henry, is a four door Z71 parked in the driveway on St. Landry side. Maybe check and see if the truck and owners still live there, still have the truck and if anything seems suspicious?
I do think she is a blur on the photo behind the hooptie in the St. Landry/Hooptie photo.
The back tire just jumps out at me. So, I think she made it down Landry to her usual left and towards Johnston. She was moving at a pretty good clip, she had to stop on purpose, maybe for a stop light?
I also -cannot get myself to leave that hospital alone...an empty hospital just seems so vast and kind of cut off from sight or suspect. It seems kind of cliche' like Whiskey Bay. Like out of a bad novel. But, I think we are dealing with an older demented/mentally ill person and not some perverted drunk oil rig guy. It needs looked at again.. Hospital rooms, laundry rooms, utility closets, basement?
Is that a coulee that runs underneath the hospital? :(
Coulees run around everywhere here. I am with ya on the abandoned hospital; there are actually two of them. One on the right side of St Landry beyond the MCastille Funeral home; that may be a parking lot everyone keeps mentioning on the rt. On the left is definitely abandoned Lourdes with a big sign out front saying they were moving.

This town is eerily changed from 3 weeks ago. I have not been out at night and people are surprised when I say I won't even drive at night right now. Everyone is one guard; everyone.

Just walking downtown today was like a palpable nervous tension in the air.

All the other bad actors are probably playing low right now.

I would love to hear your take on this....

Interesting discussion on the bath salts angle. I don't personally think it had anything to do with MS disappearance, but I've been wrong before.

It is something that everyone should educate themselves about. It's nasty stuff and I know several states are outlawing the stuff. Doesn't mean it's not out there, but it will make it a just a tad more difficult to get hopefully. I know the feds are plenty interested in the problem in our area and are keeping track of some of our investigations involving this stuff.
Bath salts have been removed in stores around Northshore after children of professionals were dying because of them. I would not be surprised that Bath salts would have been taken away in Lafayette too. If not, they certainly should be soon.

Don' know about yall but this is so encouraging to me that TES is returning to assist in the search after only 4 days from making the following statement -

The Status of the Search
06/02/2012 11:42 PM by Alex Labat

Equusearch, the Texas based company, which has been helping out--is no longer directly involved.
The group moving on to help in the search for another missing person over in Mississippi.
Founder and director of EquuSearch Tim Miller told us that his team only operates in an area as long as there are viable clues and leads coming in.
Since there have been no big breaks since last weekend---when Mickey's bicycle was found--Miller and his team felt that their presence was no longer needed.

'But, if there are any new clues as to the whereabouts of Mickey Shunick, they'll be back in Lafayette'..
http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#!prettyPhoto/0/
Did they find the MiSsippi girl? maybe they left part crew in MS and came back with other part crew to help us in LA. Genius and saints!

I don't think whether circle k sells diesel or not really matters due to his headlights still being on. This could mean engine still running and not fueling up. Also the guy running says he's in a hurry. Frame before and after this vehicle is gone. Car to the left of that is still there fueling up. When person posted there was damage to hood/ front of abandoned duelly in lake Charles kinda got me over thinking. Don't remember seeing follow up on her post.

My opinions only, no facts here:

If MS is deceased, the odds (based on lots of other criminal cases) favor a shallow burial or surface location near some transportation route. My next guess would be in a waterway, and if this is true she probably would be found. It is very difficult to permanently submerge a person or animal in water that is not super cold.

There is a small but undeniable chance that MS is being held prisoner at some location, although this is less likely in a smash-and-grab crime.

I wish the police had immediate access to good bloodhounds in a case like this. A good hound can track the scent of someone riding a bike and even after they have been placed in a car. The greatest bloodhound was Yogi, who tracked a kidnap victim in a car across a city, onto the freeway, and through four offramps, ending up close to where the victim was eventually found.

Regarding bodies in water: it's true, unless weighted down a body would eventually surface. The nearby waterways are so vast and uninhabited/untravelled by humans, however, it easily could go undetected in the swamp.

Waterways to the drainage areas; I think I am going crazy thinking of the miles and miles and miles this entails. what are the chances?

Make friends people; reach out and make friends everywhere. That is the only way you will survive the world. Let the ruthlessness of politics, capitalism, progress for all....wash away. Friends and neighbors must join in to keep each of us alive and buoy us against ill will. And for god's sake, if someone is talking bad and gossiping about your neighbor..stop them flat in their tracks. There is no room in the world for badness.

stumbles off crying...wondering how I have stayed alive thus far.

I sure hope they find Mickey soon and I have been amazed by the outreach of all the locals on here.Reading over the posts I feel like I am sitting at your kitchen table with all your neighbors having a conversation.That's how honest,loyal,and truly compassionate you are.
I grew up in a small town where everyone know each other and looked out for each other.
But now my small town has grown by leaps and bounds and so many people have moved here that are not so kind.It has become a hustle and bustle,except I refuse to be part of it.I will remain the same because I refuse to change.

I hope to someday visit your nice town and people.I know if they find Mickey it will be because you all helped in your own way to keep her name out there.

You are all wonderful and I mean that with all my heart.

wells everywhere. Here is a piece of Louisiana history: there is a town called MOWATA. It was named because pioneers needed MORE WATER. lol. They even have a local baseball team; the team made shirts that said "MOBEER".

I would suffice it to say (because I have farmers in my family) that every piece of farmland probably has a dry well on it.

I think that vehicle is setting too low to the ground to be a truck. Does Circle K sell deisel fuel? Is this spot a deisel fuel pump. Most duallies are deisel not all but most. JMO though.

That Circle K does not sell diesel.

"The following article is 'NOT' related to this missing person case, but describes what the family, loved ones, and missing persons advocates experience during a body watch: the period of time between locating & positively identifying remains"..

Rich Flowers The Athens Review

Athens — Henderson County Sheriff Ray Nutt has confirmed that skeletal remains found near Tool last week were human
http://www.athensreview.com/local/x1561302549/Human-remains-found-near-Tool

http://peace4missing.ning.com/forum...:Topic:204645&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_topic
"Body Watch" how do you cope?
Posted by Maureen Reintjes-Peace4 Admin on June 7, 2012 at 12:51am in COPING WITH LOSS OR MISSING

I so wanted a CSI TV moment today where this find would have been over in an hour. I know it will be a long wait, body watch. The unsung heroes of this world of the missing are quietly behind the scenes working their asses off together so a family can get their answer...UNT, NamUs, various law enforcement agencies .... all those good people fighting to give back a name to those bones and reunite them with their family. Quietly, methodically putting the answer together. I have the easy part I shed tears and standby the families through the answer and beyond and jump with them between Purgatory and Hell. My part during body watch is small compared to what the professionals are doing.
read more-

I think the vehicle they showed in the video is a Yukon, but I'm not sure and I haven't a clue as to whether a Yukon's parts could be swapped with a Silverado's.

Still, that's a really strange story and an odd list of stolen items, especially from the vehicle.

That entire situation is odd. Stolen tail lights and air vents....and a fire...

And the guy was extra sooty while talking on camera...

"The following article is 'NOT' related to this missing person case, but describes what the family, loved ones, and missing persons advocates experience during a body watch: the period of time between locating & positively identifying remains"..

Rich Flowers The Athens Review

Athens — Henderson County Sheriff Ray Nutt has confirmed that skeletal remains found near Tool last week were human
http://www.athensreview.com/local/x1561302549/Human-remains-found-near-Tool

http://peace4missing.ning.com/forum...:Topic:204645&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_topic
"Body Watch" how do you cope?
Posted by Maureen Reintjes-Peace4 Admin on June 7, 2012 at 12:51am in COPING WITH LOSS OR MISSING

I so wanted a CSI TV moment today where this find would have been over in an hour. I know it will be a long wait, body watch. The unsung heroes of this world of the missing are quietly behind the scenes working their asses off together so a family can get their answer...UNT, NamUs, various law enforcement agencies .... all those good people fighting to give back a name to those bones and reunite them with their family. Quietly, methodically putting the answer together. I have the easy part I shed tears and standby the families through the answer and beyond and jump with them between Purgatory and Hell. My part during body watch is small compared to what the professionals are doing.
read more-

The area where these bones were found is not too far from where I live.

Hello to everyone here. I've been following here almost from beginning. I got really upset with the lack of info on local news and found this site by search. Dedication here is amazing.
My wife told me not to comment on here because I tend to over think and speculate. I have no idea where she gets the "thinking" part.
Ok. Something that's been bothering me. In image of WT at stop light with person running towards/into circle k. What kind of vehicle is next to gas pump with lights on(obviously engine still running)? To me it looks like a white duelly. Can I get a 2nd opinion? There was a post concerning a white duelly(lake charles) sometime earlier. Also duelly trucks are used alot on ranches(cattle,horses, ect).

:welcome:

If the perp was frantic and had to dispose of a body and a bike I would think they would want to get both jobs done asap.
If the perp lived alone and had a garage they could pull the auto into quickly without being seen to buy time to think - I believe they would have. I also think if they did not live alone and had a garage they would keep the bike and take it apart to dispose of properly at a later date.
Perp was hasty in disposing of the bike - probably not much thought in to disposing of a body if that is what happened.
This person is strong enough to lift a body and a bike (if acting alone).
This person does not live alone.
This person is accountable to another person or a job - hasty job getting rid of evidence due to a responsibility.
This person was doing something illegal or could not afford to have anyone find out about an accident. If there was nothing illegal/drugs/drinking involved and it truly was an accident, they would have acted accordingly and called 911.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not and I hate to bring up the subject but it popped in my mind that the shape that can be seen through the rear window of the truck could be a Chevy emblem. They of course make them in different designs but here is a link to one: http://www.google.com/imgres?q=rear...1&tbnw=188&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:139,i:117

That could be why LE is sure the truck is a Chevy Z71.....really good catch!

Not necessarily. I used to live in a house surrounded on 3 sides by cane fields and birds circled those fields all the time ... they're full of rats, mice, snakes, rabbits, etc. (food source).

I "do" birds. Birds that would be attracted to live prey (like hawks) differ from birds that are attracted to carrion (like buzzards). So if you suddenly see a different type of bird activity, it would be worth noting.

Actually it's about my last thought, wells on an abandoned farm? I know that the concensis is that she was dumped with the bike, but I'm just not convinced.

You know thats always been a thought of mine. There are hundreds of capped wells where I live, but there are some still in use by farmers to fill spray rigs and water tanks. It struck me that I've never heard of a body found in a well before. I've always wondered if its just such a real good hiding place or no one has tried it.

Just got to work, so I haven't caught up reading. I did watch the video though of the fire and Yukon parts stolen.

My first thought when I heard about the fire was that somebody could be destroying some evidence. What if there was evidence on a door panel and vent inside a Yukon. hmmm

Also, I had to take a sleep aid last night. I woke up twice from a dream where I was seeing HUGE headlines in print about what happened to Mickey. Let's see if something happens today.

My opinions only, no facts here:

<snip for space>

I wish the police had immediate access to good bloodhounds in a case like this. A good hound can track the scent of someone riding a bike and even after they have been placed in a car. The greatest bloodhound was Yogi, who tracked a kidnap victim in a car across a city, onto the freeway, and through four offramps, ending up close to where the victim was eventually found.
I know this has been posted before, but I think it's worth posting again for the newcomers. I lived in Colorado when this happened and I was just amazed at this dog.

http://www.alie.org/generic.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member