LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Murphy Designs Groups fire was on Taft. The El Ranchito was on Cameron. Can any locals tell me how close these 2 buildings are? TIA

1.0 miles, straight shot down University from the Circle K

eta: sorry, I am calc distance from where MS last seen

If the man has a son, and the son (OR) friends of the son may have possibly been involved, then that could explain how the perp knew where to get a quick needed pressure washer, in addition to some needed truck parts.
Just speculating of course.

Right on...it's not like they would ask to borrow the pressure washers as they didn't wanna raise any red flags so they just did it anonymously...

The Murphy Designs Groups fire was on Taft. The El Ranchito was on Cameron. Can any locals tell me how close these 2 buildings are? TIA

Corner of University and Taft St., to be exact. About a mile from University and St. Landry.

Thanks for the info and I know it is horrible to think about. Do gator's prefer live prey or dead? I would think that a person that is into gator's would know where to put a body. That would be perfect way to get rid of a body.
Yes......wanted to ask the same thing. Do they prefer live prey or dead and is there any sort of season to it....like during mating season for instance are they more interested in mating and not eating or anything o that nature? Do they feed more or less during any season? Do they eat in the water or underwater or do they crap their prey to land? Do they rest after they eat?

May seem like a stupid question....where do they poop? Would poop contain bone fragments or any sort of DNA? I know it's stupid but I just have to ask.

Pressure washers are pretty large, aren't they? Not real easy to conceal/steal 2 without a large vehicle, right? Certainly not throwing them in a backseat easily, right. I am really not sure on this...but I think so. Anyone?

...along with needing room in the vehicle to take the door panels, taillights, and...oh, of course the air vents. Bizarre. Maybe not connected...but surely bizarre!

This headlight/parklight set fits the GMC Yukon, Chevy Tahoe, GMC Sierra, Chevy Silverado: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Silverado-Sierra-Suburban-4Piece-Smoked/dp/B0021ITKJQ"]Amazon.com: Chevy/GMC Jimmy/Silverado/Sierra/Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban 4Piece Euro Smoked Set ...: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4186tPSpKKL.@@AMEPARAM@@4186tPSpKKL[/ame]. Does this confirm that the Yukon and Sierra/Silverado have the same lights?

Both tail lights and headlights stolen...very, very fishy.

I automatically discounted El Ranchito. Reporting says it was a kitchen fire; I don't have any feeling it was related. Cameron Street is a rundown industrial area.

Pressure washers are pretty large, aren't they? Not real easy to conceal/steal 2 without a large vehicle, right? Certainly not throwing them in a backseat easily, right. I am really not sure on this...but I think so. Anyone?

...along with needing room in the vehicle to take the door panels, taillights, and...oh, of course the air vents. Bizarre. Maybe not connected...but surely bizarre!

Looks pretty portable to me.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200339463_200339463?cm_mmc=Google-pla-_-Pressure%20Washers-_-Gas-Hot%20Water-_-157603&ci_sku=157603&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword}

eta: random web pic of a $3000 pressure washer

I automatically discounted El Ranchito. Reporting says it was a kitchen fire; I don't have any feeling it was related. Cameron Street is a rundown industrial area.

I just wondered if it was close enough in location that the perp who set the fire on Taft also set one on Cameron to deflect attention from the reason for the fire on Taft, since the fires occurred close together time-wise.

the guy in question is a young guy, semi-decent looking. dont know if it could relate to the case at all. but i think we should all stop and really examine if we should be pondering so much on this particular guy. im not saying i do or do not think he is involved, just that we have no reason to suspect him and he may be perfectly innocent. more than likely is perfectly innocent. it would really suck if someone who didnt have much sense read these posts and went crazy on facebook with some of the ideas were hinting at.

Looks pretty portable to me.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200339463_200339463?cm_mmc=Google-pla-_-Pressure%20Washers-_-Gas-Hot%20Water-_-157603&ci_sku=157603&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword}

eta: random web pic of a $3000 pressure washer

can't click link...but will google...thanks!

wanted to point out that i see no wrong in dissecting the incident, i just dont want us to hastily assume the murphy guy is in any way involved with it.

the guy in question is a young guy, semi-decent looking. dont know if it could relate to the case at all. but i think we should all stop and really examine if we should be pondering so much on this particular guy. im not saying i do or do not think he is involved, just that we have no reason to suspect him and he may be perfectly innocent. more than likely is perfectly innocent. it would really suck if someone who didnt have much sense read these posts and went crazy on facebook with some of the ideas were hinting at.

Agreed. But I think we're speculating more about the vehicle itself and its likeliness to the white truck of interest more than anything. FB has become an avenue to confirm what MSM has reported. And we wouldn't be able to use FB to do so if the profile wasn't public.

I agree with you. My focus is on the fire and the objects taken, and what, if any, connection they may have to MS disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member