LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a camp in Lower Lafourche Parish for many, many years (we live in Broussard). Every time we would travel that way, I always thought that that stretch of Highway 90 which is elevated between, say, Gibson and the Chacahoula exit, or its old Highway 20 equivalent would be an excellent place to dispose of a body. It is so incredibly swampy through there as far as you can see and, I would suspect, fairly lightly traveled in the wee hours of the morning.

I can't get past the feeling, though, that WB area would be your "lifelong stomping ground," so to speak, if you were born and raised in Henderson (RM) and that in a highly intoxicated state, we probably would not be dealing with a mental giant who could precisely engineer a logistically sound plan -- maybe even if not intoxicated. :waitasec:

Does this type of truck usually sit that high? The wheel wells look high. If this truck does not usually sit that high, the larger tires or jacked up truck might make it stand out a bit more.
Sorry if this has already been discussed.

I think it looks about the same as mine.

I thought I read that TES got called out and wasn't going to return, as there are no new leads and they can't really do anything.

They were supposed to return yesterday, but got called out for another case. They are supposed to come back, according to what I read yesterday.

IMO, JMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers...

We had a camp in Lower Lafourche Parish for many, many years (we live in Broussard). Every time we would travel that way, I always thought that that stretch of Highway 90 which is elevated between, say, Gibson and the Chacahoula exit, or its old Highway 20 equivalent would be an excellent place to dispose of a body. It is so incredibly swampy through there as far as you can see and, I would suspect, fairly lightly traveled in the wee hours of the morning.

I can't get past the feeling, though, that WB area would be your "lifelong stomping ground," so to speak, if you were born and raised in Henderson (RM) and that in a highly intoxicated state, we probably would not be dealing with a mental giant who could precisely engineer a logistically sound plan -- maybe even if not intoxicated. :waitasec:

:wagon:

There used to be a slider bar that let you scroll through historical images

I'm using an iPad right now and the app doesn't have that function.

Still there on the main program, I don't know how the app looks, but on the main you have to enable it by clicking an icon that looks like a clock.

Not sure if it's just me, but I wish people would quit asking for search locations. The volunteers should not be disclosing there whereabouts, IMHO. I'm content not knowing, and protecting the investigation.

Love and prayers to the Shunicks and everyone involved!

i am right there with you. after i went on one of the searches i posted here that it was at least 11 miles out of the city of Lafayette. although i did not, and will not, say which direction, or exact location.

what i did say about the search i participated in was that we were in s very wooded/overgrown area. there were no paths. we had to find/ make our own passages.

Still there on the main program, I don't know how the app looks, but on the main you have to enable it by clicking an icon that looks like a clock.

Apple & Google do not play well together.

The onlything is, if perp did dump her with the bike from the bank she wouldnt make it out to the center of the channel( where most flow current is) , imo, I think she was dumped out there someplace( I hate to say that) just not at the bridge.

Im going out there to try some experiments, will throw stuff in water from edge and see if and how fast it comes back to the bank

Be careful. Don't get hit with a $500 littering fine! o_O

The onlything is, if perp did dump her with the bike from the bank she wouldnt make it out to the center of the channel( where most flow current is) , imo, I think she was dumped out there someplace( I hate to say that) just not at the bridge.

Im going out there to try some experiments, will throw stuff in water from edge and see if and how fast it comes back to the bank

Id be happy to supply you with an ex boyfriend of mine..if youre in need of something to throw in the water.

Yea...I say skip the throwing stuff in the water idea...just the pics would be more then great!!

Fire in Lafayette night before last, 3 am. A tool shop on University was burned down. Initial reports have said two pressure washers were taken, along with the dash vent covers and tail lights from the pickup that was parked there. A total loss of the business and suspected arson.

insurance fraud? coverup?

????

anything off here?

By the way, no one thinks that it's a good idea to throw anything into that water right now because we don't know where they will be searching when boats are brought in. You are right though, if she didn't float out from the bank immediately, she could be back there closer to where the bike was, so I also added that area to the map. I'm sure they will search the immediate area, but I placed that spot on the map as well. Just busy work, but had to at least look at where the locations may be.

Attachments

• possiblelocationbody1.jpg
    possiblelocationbody1.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 16
Yea...I say skip the throwing stuff in the water idea...just the pics would be more then great!!

Throwing objects in the water would be very helpful to determine current flow near the bank. There are plenty of objects - old bread rolls, etc., that would do nicely and be biodegradable and not interfere with the investigation. Please do experiment!

The tool shop fire does seem a bit off. I hope they take the dogs there for a sniff...I think I read that they work in ash as well as water and l and.

Throwing objects in the water would be very helpful to determine current flow near the bank. There are plenty of objects - old bread rolls, etc., that would do nicely and be biodegradable and not interfere with the investigation. Please do experiment!

Put on a life jacket and go for a float. :D

Actually this is more like what the channel looks like on a normal day, this is much more recent.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRwl-rPc_JY"]Atchafalya River At Whiskey Bay bridge @ I-10 - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne