LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The video/story doesn't mention headlights correct? Steven Murphy said headlights and tail lights, on his personal FB.

The Yukon is a GMC....but not a truck....an SUV, and the Z71 is a Chevy, pickup not an SUV.

It is doubtful that the door parts or tail lights would be interchangeable between two completely different body styles. A Yukon is more of an equivalent to the Chevy Tahoe in body style and interior features.

Chevrolet Tahoe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

jmo

Z71 is an offroading package.

Yes, certain parts would be interchangeable.

And a google search on Chevy Silverado, Chevy Tahoe, GMC Yukon, GMC Sierra tail lights seems to indicate that the tail lights on all of those models are, indeed, interchangeable. Still looking for definite proof, but the same after market sets seem to fit all 4 of these models.

They stole the rear taillights too...outside of the truck.

Which leads me to say something I have been thinking about but pretty sure isn't anything...could the truck (or perp) have backed into MS (by accident or on purpose) thus damaging the rear of the perp vehicle and not the front.

Or could they have backed into a utility pole, etc. trying to flee the scene real quick. This is a VERY IRRATIONAL person / thinker we are dealing with! They are nervous / fearful / desperate now...

IMO...it is still possible that the perp is/was not driving the Z71 (just a witness?) and if the theft/fire were related the perp could be driving any kind of vehicle...like say a Yukon!
IMO, which is not much when related to vehicles, the taillights on a Yukon and Z71 pick up would NOT be the same. Ones a truck and ones and SUV.

I also see some Find Mickey stuff on his page...apparently he has a plane, and flew over the Givers benefit and took pics...

The fire just feels too coincidental to me.

Common sense says we have a young girl missing, we have a truck as possible VOI, an abduction which implies violence, and now a crime that really doesn't make sense in which truck parts that could match ones damaged in the abduction are stolen. Along with pressure washers that, possibly filled with bleach, could be used to clean a truck interior.

However, if these were the specific items you needed, how difficult would it be to find and zero in on the one place that had them? Both.

So no one notices or reports seeing two people bleach/pressure washing a truck being sought by LE?

Not noticing the crime is one thing. Not noticing clean up is another thing altogether.

My hink-o-meter needle is jumping.

I think I mentioned earlier that most parts are interchangeable nowadays, especially by the same manufacturer.

Or could they have backed into a utility pole, etc. trying to flee the scene real quick. This is a VERY IRRATIONAL person / thinker we are dealing with! They are nervous / fearful / desperate now...

Or their tail lights were customized and easily identifiable. Adding after market features to a Z71 packaged vehicle is quite common (grills, chrome accents, custom lights). If they started thinking that LE could ID their truck based on custom tail lights, I can definitely see them removing them.

Running with that thought...
If a victim in your truck caused that kind of damage, would you steal the parts from someone else's vehicle to replace your own? Or would you remove the parts from your vehicle and report them stolen?

I like how you think. I would remove them, and then throw them in the fire to melt away evidence and burn the place down for the insurance.

I sure don't feel like we are dealing with a serial killer any longer! These are young punks we are dealing with...

So no one notices or reports seeing two people bleach/pressure washing a truck being sought by LE?

Not noticing the crime is one thing. Not noticing clean up is another thing altogether.

My hink-o-meter needle is jumping.

There're a thousand places out in the country around here where they could go to clean the truck unseen.

Could Mickey have kicked and damaged the inside vents and or inner door panel trying to get out of that vehicle? The taillight/s could have been damaged by throwing the bike in real fast, etc. Something to think about...

Yeah, I had the same thoughts about the inside damage, but I couldn't come up with a good reason the taillights would need to be replaced, unless she managed to kick those and break them or something. Unless we were all wrong and the creep backed into her instead of bumping her with the front of the truck. Backing into her still doesn't make it an accident.

IMO...it is still possible that the perp is/was not driving the Z71 (just a witness?) and if the theft/fire were related the perp could be driving any kind of vehicle...like say a Yukon!
IMO, which is not much when related to vehicles, the taillights on a Yukon and Z71 pick up would NOT be the same. Ones a truck and ones and SUV.

If the perp needed truck parts and pressure washers to cover up a crime, why burn down the building? By the same token, if a perp who had access to the truck and building destroyed them to remove evidence, why claim the pressure washers were stolen? On the other hand, I have to wonder about the other buildings that burned that night. Were they also burned to the ground? Many scenarios running through my mind right now.

There're a thousand places out in the country around here where they could go to clean the truck unseen.
True...but just wait... these little punks are going to be given enough rope to hang themselves and will either get drunk one night and admit things to a girlfriend or one will squeal to LE under pressure. Rest assured...

IN MY OPINION
I would like to know where the truck that had the parts stolen, the one missing it's rear taillights and parts of it's interior. The one sitting next to the burned down building. Where was the Yukon on the night MS went missing...say around 2am.
Can I say that? I am quite sure this person is NOT to be sleuthed..but I am just making a subtle suggestion. Hey...I got nothing else at this point...except for floating bread!

Maybe they tried to repaint vehicle. Overspray fix. Or cracked taking them off.Just a thought. Can't explain vents though.

Don't think I'm allowed to but it was an easy find.

And, not that we are allowed to sleuth this guy or anything...but he claims he has flown over "search areas" and hopes MS is still alive. He has several aerial pics, including Lake Martin on May 26th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne