LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know all of this. I have a husband that used to build race cars for a living and does mechanic and body work. LOL...I just meant that the parts like the tail lights wouldn't have the serial numbers on them....

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

I think the (there are part numbers on those tail lights, there is even a part number for your tiny fuses that have to get replaced once in awhile) serial/part numbers/scan numbers , so yeah I think they can be tracked. They can be tracked either back to where they were made-Just like rolls of duct tape can be tracked down to what plant manufactured it and generally about what date it was made.

Not trying to say that they are or parts interchangeable or nuthin like that....

Allz I'm saying is.....

HAS ANYONE CONSIDERED SHE MAY HAVE BEEN BACKED INTO OR BACKED OVER BY ANYONE BACKING OUT OF ANY DRIVEWAY PARKING LOT ETC...TURNING AROUND OR BACKING OUT TO LEAVE????

just the post brought up the possibility in my mind that perhaps she wasn't hit on the road but backed into.......like she's riding along and does not appear in rear view by by the time the person is backing out is behind the car....

i brought up this idea earlier, and not sure if it was overlooked, or if noone else bought into the idea. frankly the only way i buy into it is if there were trees blocking her view of the vehicle, and they back out at a high rate of speed. and if the driver were impaired its very possible there wouldnt even be any lights on on the car to indicate that a car was backing out.

Id be happy to supply you with an ex boyfriend of mine..if youre in need of something to throw in the water.
¡¡¡!!! I'm looking at my short list & considering my options...I may be able to help as well.

Bolding and underline added by me:

From eHow:
Auto parts numbering systems are complex and elaborate, and In almost all cases, car parts have numbers that are engraved or molded into the part. Slight modifications are often made from year to year, and although the part looks the same, it is only compatible with a specific year and model.

Or a "pull-a-part" salvage yard out of town. Because setting a fire and stealing **** is far too risky when you're trying to hide your tracks.

I think this is a separate incident. Perhaps they knew the guy. Robbed him for some reason and burned the place down. The truck, they could've been looking for drugs. Because everything they ripped off the truck are places you typically hide drugs in a vehicle.

BBM: EXACTLY!!!!!

I think the (there are part numbers on those tail lights, there is even a part number for your tiny fuses that have to get replaced once in awhile) serial/part numbers/scan numbers , so yeah I think they can be tracked. They can be tracked either back to where they were made-Just like rolls of duct tape can be tracked down to what plant manufactured it and generally about what date it was made.

It's just a part number on the tail light, not a serial number and that part number will tell you which plant the tail light was made at, ect....It won't tell you the specific vehicle it was placed on, but will give you where and when it was made....

Or a "pull-a-part" salvage yard out of town. Because setting a fire and stealing **** is far too risky when you're trying to hide your tracks.

I think this is a separate incident. Perhaps they knew the guy. Robbed him for some reason and burned the place down. The truck, they could've been looking for drugs. Because everything they ripped off the truck are places you typically hide drugs in a vehicle.[/QUOTE]

Really. Never would have thought of that! Guess those would make good hiding places but then again, if they are known to be hiding places, then no longer very good hiding places LOL.

And that would also imply that drugs would be or could have been inside that vehicle, and I just don't buy that yet.

i brought up this idea earlier, and not sure if it was overlooked, or if noone else bought into the idea. frankly the only way i buy into it is if there were trees blocking her view of the vehicle, and they back out at a high rate of speed. and if the driver were impaired its very possible there wouldnt even be any lights on on the car to indicate that a car was backing out.

I seem to recall this being mentioned before, but I never really would have given it any thought until this tail light business was mentioned. Of course, the headlights were stolen as well.

Really. Never would have thought of that! Guess those would make good hiding places but then again, if they are known to be hiding places, then no longer very good hiding places LOL.

That sounds like the truck was robbed of drugs (hiding places destroyed in haste...)and the parts needed to be replaced in order to use the truck again and it not be OBVIOUS that the person had drugs hidden all over the vehicle at the time?
IDK:banghead:
moo

It's just a part number on the tail light, not a serial number and that part number will tell you which plant the tail light was made at, ect....It won't tell you the specific vehicle it was placed on, but will give you where and when it was made....

OK, let's look at it this way.

They can narrow it waaaaaaaayy down just like they do with carpet fibers on floor mats.

Not trying to say that they are or parts interchangeable or nuthin like that....

Allz I'm saying is.....

HAS ANYONE CONSIDERED SHE MAY HAVE BEEN BACKED INTO OR BACKED OVER BY ANYONE BACKING OUT OF ANY DRIVEWAY PARKING LOT ETC...TURNING AROUND OR BACKING OUT TO LEAVE????

just the post brought up the possibility in my mind that perhaps she wasn't hit on the road but backed into.......like she's riding along and does not appear in rear view by by the time the person is backing out is behind the car....

It's a possibility.
Here's what I was saying:
The truck seen leaving to turn onto University doesn't have that pesky decal. I've never seen a Z71 only have to have one decal.

Where did the truck fire and theft of pressure washers occur?

And that would also imply that drugs would be or could have been inside that vehicle, and I just don't buy that yet.

That sounds like the truck was robbed of drugs (hiding places destroyed in haste...)and the parts needed to be replaced in order to use the truck again and it not be OBVIOUS that the person had drugs hidden all over the vehicle at the time?
IDK:banghead:
moo

If I had drugs, I don't think I'd leave them unattended in that area overnight. Who knows how long the Yukon has been parked there. When talking about the stolen parts, someone asked the guy why they didn't just take the whole thing (Yukon) and he replied that it had a dead battery and no plates.

Maybe the "Yukon" was a "drug store" of sorts?
Sure sounds drug related to me.

OK, let's look at it this way.

They can narrow it waaaaaaaayy down just like they do with carpet fibers on floor mats.

I am not arguing, I know this so let's just move forward, OK? I didn't fall off the turnip truck last night, in fact, I know a lot about vehicles, including how to pull a motor and transmission, then put them back in. Just because I am a female does NOT mean I am stupid. I asked a question, you answered it, I understood your answer, and moved on, why can't you do the same?:banghead:

I think this is a separate incident. Perhaps they knew the guy. Robbed him for some reason and burned the place down. The truck, they could've been looking for drugs. Because everything they ripped off the truck are places you typically hide drugs in a vehicle.

So you pull the panel, vents, lights, etc looking for drugs......then you take the PARTS with you??? That would be unlikely IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
panchoept