LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hancock County Sheriff's Chief Investigator Glenn Grannan said the remains apparently washed ashore and were found early Thursday evening by workers dredging along the beach near Bay Oaks Drive.

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/2012/06/07/3995174/body-found-on-beach-in-bay-st.html#storylink=cpy

[/quote]

K! It makes sense now. Thx!

Dug through all the photos I could... don't SEE any piercings other than on her face.

Had to look up chest dermals.

Almost died...and vomited.

What about Brittney Wood (from AL?). I tried to find a detailed description of her, but all I found was very general with no mention of piercings or tattoos.

I'm leaning more toward this being Brittney. Her uncle's suicide is a factor.

Well that's not good at all.....

No, it's not good. Mickey emulates her sister in many things (hair, etc.). And just speaking in general, once a person does the nose piercing, etc., that lowers the threshold to do others. We don't have this info, so it's not going to do any good speculating, but I don't have a good feeling, either :(

The torso's body piercings are making me uneasy, coincidence-wise. There are an awful lot of piercings on the young ladies in the photos on CS's FB page....and the fact that CS also has chest piercings of some sort. Oh, my. I just hope these body piercings are more common in this age group than my old-fashioned self realizes.

The torso's body piercings are making me uneasy, coincidence-wise. There are an awful lot of piercings on the young ladies in the photos on CS's FB page....and the fact that CS also has chest piercings of some sort. Oh, my. I just hope these body piercings are more common in this age group than my old-fashioned self realizes.

They have become VERY common, but the coincidences worry me too.

tat inside her nose? now what's the point of that?

Sorry, piercing inside her nose. Don't know how that works, I don't ask questions, I just always see something silver up there, I can't help but look she's like 5 inches taller than me lol

It's after 10 now, is anyone local hearing any updates on the news?

Just a thought.....I think we all need to think twice before calling in tips, as to whether the tip is something they probably already know. Each duplicated tip uses manpower.

We have a some VERY SCARY people hear with neck, head, you name it tattoos. I cross the street when I see them lol . Different group then young people getting tattoos or piercings to be hip, but my cousin does have then inside of her lip pierced and I am a rarity with no tattoos.

What about Brittney Wood (from AL?). I tried to find a detailed description of her, but all I found was very general with no mention of piercings or tattoos.
No, nothing about piercings. Based on the location, I'd say it's a possibility.

Looked up dermals. OMG, this body piercing business is way out of control. All it takes is a lapse in sterile technique to cause a massive body disfiguring infection, aka flesh eating bacteria, or sepsis (bacterial infection in the blood stream that affects all organs and often results in loss of organ function and/or death). Sorry, am an RN, this is just ridiculous. These dermal piercings are akin to a punch biopsy that an MD performs in a sterile environment. Nuts!

ETA: when my 6 year old granddaughter wanted to have her ears pierced, I took her to Claire's in Baton Rouge and let the person who was doing that piercing know that I was an RN. Her technique was impeccable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne