LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
K.jill, ever rode in the back seat of a police cruiser?

Or read a lot about Ted Bundy's VW beatle? I think I read on WS that the passenger side door had no inside door handles...no way out for the victim...

http://www.katc.com/videos/new-developments-lpd-lcg-files-suit-against-one-of-nine-officers/

New developments: LPD, LCG files suit against one of nine officers

News Articles

Posted 5:35 PM 6/8/2012 : New developments: LPD, LCG files suit against one of nine officers

As you recall an original case was filed on May 22 putting everything in motion.The nine officers originally filed their case in district court. They brought forward audio tapes, video documentation and claims of injustice by the Chief and a police Major. At a hearing May 29 a judge voted in

"Silence only leads to innocent victims lives lost & mounting cold cases"..
"Without Public Safety for our families, we have nothing"..

Seriously, is this too far-fetched for ya'll?

What if we have a baby SK type with a taste for it, comes in from NO, hangs out at Artmosphere, decides to take someone local, returns to N.O. and repeats there.

It would explain the lack of anyone coming forward re the white truck, if he were back in N.O.

For what it's worth, Mickey's Missing flier is (or at least was like a week ago) posted in shops and bars all over the French Quarter, so people - at least in the Quarter - have kind of heard about or "seen" her case. The flier does NOT include a pic of the DWT, however.

Can I please add:-

K. Markham Ohio
D. Carter Florida
K. Moriarty Florida one leg found on beach

and Holly Bobo TN 04/13/2011 - community volunteers & searchers were synonomous to the LA community support - 14 months cold - 911 calls within minutes of her abduction, yet no road blocks for 7 days...sad

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0BkJQM-ZPY"]"Bring Her Home" (Holly Bobo) - YouTube[/ame]

"Bring Her Home" (Holly Bobo)

Been lurking and reading for awhile with sadly NOTHING new to add.

But... hypothetically, if there was an abandoned truck somewhere that matched the description of the DWTIQ, how difficult would it be to run plates? Track the owner?

AND would this be something LE would pursue?

and Holly Bobo TN 04/13/2011 - community volunteers & searchers were synonomous to the LA community support - 14 months cold - 911 calls within minutes of her abduction, yet no road blocks for 7 days...sad

"Bring Her Home" (Holly Bobo) - YouTube

"Bring Her Home" (Holly Bobo)

I know her remains were found, but perp hasn't been....if we are going to make all these comparissons, can I please also add in Morgan Harrington (her case seems to be the most like Mickey's to me -college town, blonde, thin, not tall, out late at night alone like Mickey, items belonging to her showing up in places disconnected from the woman to possibly create a distraction- Morgan's shirt & Mickey's bike)?

I do not think all these cases are connected, though. That's a LOT of ground to cover. I hope they're not connected because that would be terrifying.

I have always wondered though why this PI (Bill Warner?) who is stuck on these young blonde abducted/disappeared women as being linked doesn't include Morgan in his list? Because her remains were found?

ETA: My opening sentence "I know her remains were found, but perp hasn't been" is in regard to Morgan, not Mickey or Holly (obviously). Just wanted to clarify.

But... hypothetically, if there was an abandoned truck somewhere that matched the description of the DWTIQ, how difficult would it be to run plates? Track the owner?

IMO the plates could be ran quickly and easily. However, we may not be told the info. LE seems to be keeping everything to themselves.

And/or talk to the management of the property on which the truck is located...? Get some kind of detail about the driver?

IMO the plates could be ran quickly and easily. However, we may not be told the info. LE seems to be keeping everything to themselves.

Does LE in Lafayette even know about this abandoned white truck? Does Abdella know? Does Mickey's family know (I'd be on my way to Texas right now to look at the truck and compare it to the pics myself if I was her relative)? Does LE in Texas know about Mickey and the DWT? Would either LE agency take this PI Bill Warner seriously (because I really don't and I get the impression lots of us at WS don't take his Holly-Katelynn-Brittni-Lauren-Paige and more are all connected theory very seriously either)?

Don't get me wrong. My soul hurts that there have been no breaks in the case since the bike has been found and I desperately want this truck to be the DWT, the perp to be found, and Mickey to come home. I don't even know Mickey and I am torn up about it. I can't even imagine what it feels like for her parents, family, and friends to have ZERO answers.

Does LE in Lafayette even know about this abandoned white truck? Does Abdella know? Does Mickey's family know (I'd be on my way to Texas right now to look at the truck and compare it to the pics myself if I was her relative)? Does LE in Texas know about Mickey and the DWT? Would either LE agency take this PI Bill Warner seriously (because I really don't and I get the impression lots of us at WS don't take his Holly-Katelynn-Brittni-Lauren-Paige and more are all connected theory very seriously either)?

Don't get me wrong. My soul hurts that there have been no breaks in the case since the bike has been found and I desperately want this truck to be the DWT, the perp to be found, and Mickey to come home. I don't even know Mickey and I am torn up about it. I can't even imagine what it feels like for her parents, family, and friends to have ZERO answers.

Not saying he is right on, but Warner's site said that the info was passed to LPD and to the LE in East Texas where the truck was found.

I know her remains were found, but perp hasn't been....if we are going to make all these comparissons, can I please also add in Morgan Harrington (her case seems to be the most like Mickey's to me -college town, blonde, thin, not tall, out late at night alone like Mickey, items belonging to her showing up in places disconnected from the woman to possibly create a distraction- Morgan's shirt & Mickey's bike)?

I do not think all these cases are connected, though. That's a LOT of ground to cover. I hope they're not connected because that would be terrifying.

I have always wondered though why this PI (Bill Warner?) who is stuck on these young blonde abducted/disappeared women as being linked doesn't include Morgan in his list? Because her remains were found?

ETA: My opening sentence "I know her remains were found, but perp hasn't been" is in regard to Morgan, not Mickey or Holly (obviously). Just wanted to clarify.

They found holly bobo ?!??

The article states that the information was turned over to both the Lafayette Police Dept as well as the local Police Dept. in Texas. I am sure that the plates are being run or have been run on this vehicle. I must admit that I am seriously hoping that this article is legit and that this is the DWTIQ that has been taunting us for the last few weeks! If this is the truck in question, this would be a HUGE break in the case! We would now have a registered owner and something to go on!

I have always wondered though why this PI (Bill Warner?) who is stuck on these young blonde women being abducted doesn't include Morgan in his list? Because her remains were found?

ktgirl, as I see it they are all prolly the victims of sexual predators. For some unknown reason kindred spirits seem to be the preferred victim of choice. The petite physical description, in most cases seems to be for easier control, as far as the same perp, jmho.

I was honored to meet Morgan Harrington's parents; Gil & Dan Harrington, at the 2010 CUE Missing Persons conference. They are remarkable and very inspirational people, as was their daughter, Morgan Harrington.. If I were in their shoes, I would be at a complete loss for words, simply devastated.

In the following video, at the candle light vigil, near the end, Morgan's mother Gil Harrington says, "there is no closure, only accommodation. There will be no collateral damage. I have been determined that the man that murdered our daughter will only hurt us only one time!
"We will survive"!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN878keA6K0"]CUE Center National Conference-2010 - YouTube[/ame]

They found holly bobo ?!??

No, Morgan Harrington. Please see my ETA at the end of post. I knew it was confusing how I worded it....
Copying and pasting my ETA here.

ktgirl, as I see it they are all prolly the victims of sexual predators. For some unknown reason kindred spirits seem to be the preferred victim of choice. The petite physical description, in most cases seems to be for easier control, as far as the same perp, jmho.

I was honored to meet Morgan Harrington's parents at the 2010 CUE Missing Persons conference. They are remarkable and very inspirational people, as was their daughter, Morgan Harrington.. If I were in their shoes, I would be at a complete loss for words, simply devastated.

In the following video, at the candle light vigil, near the end, Morgan's mother Gil Harrington says, "there is no closure, only accommodation. There will be no collateral damage. I have been determined that the man that murdered our daughter will only hurt us only one time!
"We will survive"!

CUE Center National Conference-2010 - YouTube

I agree and thank you for the post about the Harringtons. Morgan's case is one of the most bizarre unsolved cases out there. Everything about it - from her curtsying at the passing car to her t-shirt turning up so much later displayed on a bush in a highly traveled area on or near campus gives me the chills. I've lost sleep over how bizarre it is.

And the fact that DNA found with her remains matches an unkown man who's wanted for a sexual assault years before scares me. He has done stuff like this before, and unless is caught, will do it again.

OT....if you have a friend with a take home car...it is easy to find parking when you go out to dinner...but I would never do that, lol

I tried to get my friend to let me ride in the backseat and wave at my neighbors....but she will not do it. I don't blame her, she could get in trouble. But my neighbors would love it!
Um .. Huh?

Sure they could if they weren't so busy quibbling and quarreling with each other!

I agree and thank you for the post about the Harringtons. Morgan's case is one of the most bizarre unsolved cases out there. Everything about it - from her curtsying at the passing car to her t-shirt turning up so much later displayed on a bush in a highly traveled area on or near campus gives me the chills. I've lost sleep over how bizarre it is.

And the fact that DNA found with her remains matches an unkown man who's wanted for a sexual assault years before scares me. He has done stuff like this before, and unless is caught, will do it again.

RE: And the fact that DNA found with her remains matches an unkown man who's wanted for a sexual assault years before scares me..

IMO, this is why FBI CODIS and familial dna laws are so important. These predators are recidivist and are responsible for many innocent victims vanishing. Stranger on stranger crimes are the most difficult for investigators to identify without forensics..

Yes.

That concert at Artmosphere ....if I had to guess I'd say it's plausible that there were folks coming in from New Orleans to see it.

From pictures Artmosphere looks to be a smallish place - not a huge venue. Is the band out of New Orleans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee