LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken fried, the photos are excellent. Thank you!! :bowdown:

I started a thread for maps and photos. If it's okay with you, I'd like to copy these posts to that thread. You can add any others later.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8031757#post8031757"]LA LA -Mickey Shunic: MAPS AND PHOTOS, No Discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Following is a photo essay of my trip to Whiskey Bay today.

After the trip, seeing how slow the current is, I don't think the bike floated downstream. I also don't think it was thrown off the bridge. The crown of the bridge is so close behind a stopped car at the point that it's incredibly dangerous. I also don't think a vehicle was driven down to the shoreline, due to the terrain. I believe the bike was thrown in by a person standing on top of the base of a bridge pillar

The nerves in my hands are inflamed so I'm going to post this stuff and back out and let's y'all discuss.

Here's a LINK to the entire Photobucket album.

I am now going to go step by step. Obviously I can only post two pics at a time, and so there will be comments in between.

After seeing your photos, I agree the bridge support seems a likely place to stand and dump the bike. We have supports like this several miles from home but our elevation is lower and so it is easy to drive right to the water.
Is this the exact place where Mickey's bike was dumped?

Are there guards there? Does anyone know for sure one way or the other?

I was under the impression that one of our sleuths spoke to one of the guards. I thought it was at the abandoned hospital site, but I could be wrong. Guard said she saw MS all the time.

Back to my Photoshop tonight.... The truck that we are certain police are still searching for appears to have some type of artwork or poster board in the back. The image on it seems fairly clear as it is large enough to stretch the entire length of the truck bed. So large that it seems to be folded in half or in two pieces. It appears to be an African-American DJ or something along those lines as they have a headset on.

But...there also looks like an image of someone holding their arms up taking a photo... Someone with a blue shirt. Could LE have just taken a snapshot of the video with an actual camera? Maybe I just see their reflection.

Thanks chickenfried for the photo tour of Whiskey Bay. I've never had the guts to go down there. I had no idea what the terrain was like down there. I only knew the bridge didn't have any shoulder at the very top.

Chicken Fried: Amazing photos. Wow. You've given an excellent tutorial and feel for the place.

thank you!

Chicken Fried, beautiful pictures! Thanks.

Back to my Photoshop tonight.... The truck that we are certain police are still searching for appears to have some type of artwork or poster board in the back. The image on it seems fairly clear as it is large enough to stretch the entire length of the truck bed. So large that it seems to be folded in half or in two pieces. It appears to be an African-American DJ or something along those lines as they have a headset on.

But...there also looks like an image of someone holding their arms up taking a photo... Someone with a blue shirt. Could LE have just taken a snapshot of the video with an actual camera? Maybe I just see their reflection.

Which image did you use to get such a good quality image? The ones that I've used are pretty grainy.

oh my heck

Chicken Fried, thank you so much for taking the pictures!

Chicken Fried, Thank you!
I hope your hands feel better soon!

Chicken fried you are awesome! Thanks so much :)

I'm not ignoring the posters who are asking about the truck. I simply cannot discuss it any longer without more information.

Was the bike directly below the ledge? How difficult do you think it would be to toss a bike from the ledge in the dark? IMO that would be extremely difficult.

Following is a photo essay of my trip to Whiskey Bay today.

After the trip, seeing how slow the current is, I don't think the bike floated downstream. I also don't think it was thrown off the bridge. The crown of the bridge is so close behind a stopped car at the point that it's incredibly dangerous. I also don't think a vehicle was driven down to the shoreline, due to the terrain. I believe the bike was thrown in by a person standing on top of the base of a bridge pillar

The nerves in my hands are inflamed so I'm going to post this stuff and back out and let's y'all discuss.

Here's a LINK to the entire Photobucket album.

I am now going to go step by step. Obviously I can only post two pics at a time, and so there will be comments in between.

Good pics, chicken. Is the water the Pilot Channel?

Which image did you use to get such a good quality image? The ones that I've used are pretty grainy.

The same one that anyone would have. Kind of a long and tedious process. Changing the size of the pic to a smaller and less pixelated image and then expanding it in small areas at a time. There is definitely a reflection on the truck. It is either the reflection of another white truck or a person in a blue shirt taking a pic of the video. The image in the bed of the truck is more evident. I will do my best to try and post the pic when I am finished with it.

Thanks for the photos, chicken fried. Very easy for a non-local like me to follow with your explanations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3