LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am surprised vagrants hang out at the abandoned hospital, when there is a security guard present. But, I guess it's ok??

If there are vagrants and security guards at the old hospital, perhaps there are potential witnesses that are still being tracked down and interviewed?

Thanks, Chicken Fried, for the photos of Whiskey Bay and Circle K. I appreciate all the effort you've put into giving us non-locals a better feel for the area. I hope your work yields results in the search for Mickey.

After seeing your photos, I agree the bridge support seems a likely place to stand and dump the bike. We have supports like this several miles from home but our elevation is lower and so it is easy to drive right to the water.
Is this the exact place where Mickey's bike was dumped?

According to the reporter, yes, the exact spot. Directly under the bridge, not far from shore.

Thank you so much, chicken man!
Such dedication does not go unnoticed.

Mickey's bike weighs in at @22-25 lbs. I can't imagine hucking something out that far myself, however I am sure a man could do it easily.

Good pics, chicken. Is the water the Pilot Channel?

Thanks!

Yes.

BIKELOCATION.jpg

That may have blown the margins for some Apple users; I haven't resized my whole Photobucket album yet. Steve Jobs wasn't God.

Was the bike directly below the ledge? How difficult do you think it would be to toss a bike from the ledge in the dark? IMO that would be extremely difficult.

I coulda done it - no problem - hip replacement and all. And I'm no spring chicken!

Cool photos chicken fried. All the graffiti indicates kids most likely go down there to party and chill? perhaps those affiliated with gangs?

Chicken Fried, you ROCK! Thank you!!!!!

Cool photos chicken fried. All the graffiti indicates kids most likely go down there to party and chill? perhaps those affiliated with gangs?

Thanks - dunno - gangs or kids with spray cans.

Gotta go eat!

BBL

Just a heads up:

Charlie is asking that people take a moment at 11PM central time to focus positive thoughts and energy for Mickey.

Hope y'all can join me!

Following is a photo essay of my trip to Whiskey Bay today.

After the trip, seeing how slow the current is, I don't think the bike floated downstream. I also don't think it was thrown off the bridge. The crown of the bridge is so close behind a stopped car at the point that it's incredibly dangerous. I also don't think a vehicle was driven down to the shoreline, due to the terrain. I believe the bike was thrown in by a person standing on top of the base of a bridge pillar

The nerves in my hands are inflamed so I'm going to post this stuff and back out and let's y'all discuss.

Here's a LINK to the entire Photobucket album.

I am now going to go step by step. Obviously I can only post two pics at a time, and so there will be comments in between.

Thank you for these good pictures. Gives a great view of things. I hope your hands are better.

Trineisha Dene' Colomb was reported missing by her family on November 22, 2002. Two days later her body was found by a hunter in a field off a remote road in Scott, LA near Lafayette. However, it would be another month before DNA would confirm investigators worst fears. - That the serial killer was now mobile and not just targeting women in the Baton Rouge area.

Twenty-three year old Colomb, of Lafayette, is the only known victim of the serial killer outside the Baton Rouge area. Initially, investigators ruled out the possibility that Colomb's murder was serial killer related due to the fact that she was African American and the other confirmed victims were all white. However, every other aspect of her life fit the profile of the serial killer's victims.

Investigators theorize Dene' had just finished visiting her mother's grave and sat alone in her car for a moment to reflect on the visit when the serial killer found her. They then say the serial killer beat her to death in a nearby field and then drug her body to another field.
I know this thought is totally speculation but if the person that abducted MS threw the bike @ WB where DTL left several of his victims, could he have left MS in the Scott area?

Just a heads up:

Charlie is asking that people take a moment at 11PM central time to focus positive thoughts and energy for Mickey.

Hope y'all can join me!

Prayer Wave 11pm central time for Mickey!

ETA: Gonna tell my friends at the Prayer Wave Group now!

Just a heads up:

Hope y'all can join me!

Will do.

Trineisha Dene' Colomb was reported missing by her family on November 22, 2002. Two days later her body was found by a hunter in a field off a remote road in Scott, LA near Lafayette. However, it would be another month before DNA would confirm investigators worst fears. - That the serial killer was now mobile and not just targeting women in the Baton Rouge area.

Twenty-three year old Colomb, of Lafayette, is the only known victim of the serial killer outside the Baton Rouge area. Initially, investigators ruled out the possibility that Colomb's murder was serial killer related due to the fact that she was African American and the other confirmed victims were all white. However, every other aspect of her life fit the profile of the serial killer's victims.

Investigators theorize Dene' had just finished visiting her mother's grave and sat alone in her car for a moment to reflect on the visit when the serial killer found her. They then say the serial killer beat her to death in a nearby field and then drug her body to another field.
I know this thought is totally speculation but if the person that abducted MS threw the bike @ WB where DTL left several of his victims, could he have left MS in the Scott area?

Scott's pretty small and all the obvious areas have been checked I think. I even searched alone, on some private property. BUT one thing that there is alot of, is junkyards. Piled high with old cars. Never know what else could be hidden there.

The Whiskey Bay pictures are great, chicken fried!! Thanks for braving the treacherous conditions to get those for us.

“Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all.”
― Emily Dickinson

Much love to Mickey and her family tonight.

The same one that anyone would have. Kind of a long and tedious process. Changing the size of the pic to a smaller and less pixelated image and then expanding it in small areas at a time. There is definitely a reflection on the truck. It is either the reflection of another white truck or a person in a blue shirt taking a pic of the video. The image in the bed of the truck is more evident. I will do my best to try and post the pic when I am finished with it.

bbm: By all means, please do!

Scott's pretty small and all the obvious areas have been checked I think. I even searched alone, on some private property. BUT one thing that there is alot of, is junkyards. Piled high with old cars. Never know what else could be hidden there.

I'm not sure that a car junkyard would be a good place to dispose a body. Unless the yard is not actively used for parts and the body could be buried so that any odor is concealed. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman