LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and she may be both and there are even sicker people who might target her for those reasons.

Nobody get defensive. Just trying to uncover the truth to see if it sheds light on anything.

Exactly. You have to look at a case from every angle possible or else there is no use in even looking into it at all. Some things may not be the nicest things to come out, but it has to be done.

The first thing police do in a missing person case is to look into what type of person they are and not just in what their family and close friends tell them. Family and close friends tend to hide things that may be very important because they don't want to paint the person in a bad light.

Someone, I think it was BW, said out loud that Mickey doesn't have boyfriends. That remark got me thinking. Then it got me thinking if in any way, if true, that factor was causing trouble in her life (not due to her but because of others).

Ahh, I see.

Since we know nothing about POI, it could be a woman.

I've always gotten a jealousy vibe, as well. I can't pinpoint why, though.

Probably misguided intuition.

Some women don't need a man in their lives, and don't mind being single. It doesn't mean she is a lesbian.

It doesn't, but just the way they said, "Mickey doesn't have boyfriends." means something. Their insistence that she doesn't spend the night at other people's houses also means something.

What if her family's statement that Mickey didn't have boyfriends and insistence that she didn't spend the night at other people's houses didn't mean she was a lesbian, but that she was a virgin. It wouldn't be unheard of for a sick person to target someone they thought was a virgin.

You can have sex with someone who isn't your boyfriend.

Why would someone driving at 2 am think the girl riding her bike was a virgin? They thought she was younger?

It doesn't, but just the way they said, "Mickey doesn't have boyfriends." means something. Their insistence that she doesn't spend the night at other people's houses also means something.

I've been curious about that statement. It was so pointed and definitive.

Could be many reasons.

You can have sex with someone who isn't your boyfriend.

Why would someone driving at 2 am think the girl riding her bike was a virgin? They thought she was younger?

Of course that would point to someone who knew her.

I am more of the belief that that Mickey was killed by a lone sexual predator, probably white based on statistics, than a group of black thugs relocated to Lafayette after Katrina, who decided to go out and murder a white woman.

I was just going by what the PI said about two suspects...unless he's just blowing smoke

I've been curious about that statement. It was so pointed and definitive.

Could be many reasons.

It has to mean something. I've read/heard interviews from family members of missing women hundreds of times. They'll say, "She wasn't seeing anyone" or "She wasn't dating anyone at the time."

Not something so definitive: "Mickey doesn't have boyfriends." Not: doesn't have A boyfriend. But, doesn't have boyfriendS.

Yes, and she may be both and there are even sicker people who might target her for those reasons.

Nobody get defensive. Just trying to uncover the truth to see if it sheds light on anything.

Like many kids her age, there's a lot of compartmentalization going on. Thinking about the groups in her life, there would be her parents, her extended family, her school friends and relationships, her cycling-enthusiast buddies, her horse-interest friends, and her chosen group, the inner circle of her life. How much overlap and disclosure between groups would there have been? Who would have had the whole, big picture? And would they feel free to turn over all of those details to LE; would they withhold something they think is unimportant but may the piece that is needed?

It's possible that she kept details of each facet within that facet only. If so, the person or persons who abducted her may have been known to her, only if just peripherally. That's why I think it's important that in order to flesh out the big picture everything should be on the table as a what-if until it is ruled out.

That's been my thinking on this from the start. I believe there was an aspect of her life that put her on someone's radar and this was not a random abduction.

Some women don't need a man in their lives, and don't mind being single. It doesn't mean she is a lesbian.

How are you making her or anybody else feel if they are? I'm not ACCUSING Mickey of anything if she is. She is who she is. And I don't know if she is or not and haven't claimed what I'm only questioning as truth.

Not having boyfriends when you're an attractive 21 yo woman doesn't mean you're not a lesbian either.

Ahh, I see.

Since we know nothing about POI, it could be a woman.

I've always gotten a jealousy vibe, as well. I can't pinpoint why, though.

Probably misguided intuition.

Or a man who won't accept her as she is or decided to get her for it because she turned him down. And I don't mean BW, I really don't.

And maybe she had a boyfriend who didn't fit in her inner circle of friends, so she just didn't tell anyone about him.

i keep going to Katc's (lafayette news channel) website and only and click on the search for mickey link in hopes of an update, and all I get is the interview with the McGee's landing guy. Ahhhhhh! The police really need to talk to us. Fine if they don't want to give a press conference per say, but couldn't they just address us, even if they don't have anything new to tell. I just feel liek they are being rude. I'd like one of them to say "we are doing all that we can and we aren't going to stop until we find her etc" SOMETHING to boost our spirits. Just a pep talk. Is that too much to ask?

How are you making her or anybody else feel if they are? I'm not ACCUSING Mickey of anything if she is. She is who she is. And I don't know if she is or not and haven't claimed what I'm only questioning as truth.

Not having boyfriends when you're an attractive 21 yo woman doesn't mean you're not a lesbian either.

Our society thinks there is something wrong with a woman who doesn't have a man in her life. How can she function without a man?! She couldn't possibly want to be independent. There has to be an explanation: Oh, maybe it's because she doesn't like men.

(Not saying you think that; but that's the general viewpoint of society, and I bet it's even more prevalent down South where a lot of women are already married or have kids by 21)

it would also be nice if they came out and said that they don't or do believe Jaren and Mickey's disappearances are related and then say why.

Or a man who won't accept her as she is or decided to get her for it because she turned him down. And I don't mean BW, I really don't.

I understand what you're saying.

I also don't think saying someone may or may not be a lesbian is accusatory in any way. It simply is. I think we're on the same page, there.

I wish we knew more about the days leading up to Mickey's disappearance. Or even the day before. Who was she with, where did she go, what was she doing before Artmosphere?

I'm sure there's a reason none of this information has been released.

It saddens me to think Mickey might end up on Investigation Discovery.

Regarding Chicken's photos-
I have no difficulty on any iDevice or on a windows desktop using chrome or IE.
So thanks, Chicken Fried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member