LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's Jaren's boyfriend, who police have been unable to locate since he learned of her death..

For those of you that live in the area... Have you heard of the "knock out game"? It started out as young people, usually men, approaching a victim and punching them unexpectedly, trying to knock them out. Now, it has escalated into groups of young men that attack a lone bicyclist.

It may be a gang initiation type activity. There are alerts for this in some communities. Just not safe to do anything anymore.

Good grief where is this happening?

Thanks, Laffy.
Lordy, the whole world's gone mad.

No problem, I didn't think it would have been related to Mickey. That's why I didn't initially post it.

Hearing that he's threatening suicide, though...does make it interesting.

Sorry if that sounds...morbid.

Is it out out the realm of possibilities that MS did arrive home, slept in her bed and left early the next morning to head to the stables on her bike?
How far are the stables from her home? Wouldn't she have driven her car?

Bonnet Carre spillway, west of the New Orleans airport on I-10. It's a long bridge over water. Lots of stuff goes down there. Could be anything.

Breaking news on WWL:

Posted: Sunday, 10 June 2012 8:52PM

I-10 closed both directions over Bonnett Carre

I-10 remains closed in both directions between Williams Boulevard in Kenner and LaPlace due to a police action on the Bonnet Carre Spillway Bridge.

A State Police spokeswoman says officers have closed the interstate in both directions until further notice.

The best alternate route is Highway 61 (Airline Drive / Airline Highway.)

http://www.wwl.com/I-10-closed-both-directions-over-Bonnett-Carre/13395910

Hmmmmm ???

I hate it when something so big is made so generic! Guess cause I'm curious ( more like nosey, lol).

Wait, aren't those two different bridges, one heading east and the other west?

How far is the stables? Wouldn't she have driven her car?

She would have left some sign she was home - and probably would have changed clothes. She is fashionable and after going out the night before wouldn't have worn the same thing.

Gotta go - BBL

Good grief where is this happening?

This is a big ongoing problem in St Louis.
At least one person has been killed and some seriously injured.
Groups of teens/young adults as some sort of initiation I guess.

Google 'knock out game st louis' and you'll find lots

Bonnet Carre spillway, west of the New Orleans airport on I-10. It's a long bridge over water. Lots of stuff goes down there. Could be anything.

Oh heck yeah! Used to fish and swim there, and they repopulate the fish every year!

She could have made it home to pick something up before her father was awakened at 2:30. I don't think that's what happened, but it's not impossible.

I recall this coming up previously. IIRC, her phone was last pinged just before 2am. LE would know if she'd made it home, based on that. Also, CS stated she tried calling MS at around 8:30 a.m. and her phone went straight to voicemail -apparently already having lost connectivity.

I got a welcome email and when I went to log in, it said pending approval!

I got my e-mail right away then about half an hour was able to log in. I think they may be swapped last week I didn't have to register then last night it made me. Just try in a bit.

http://theadvocate.com/home/3048148-77/sister-woman-found-in-miss

This article doesn't give me hope that the police have any solid leads, and it sounds as though the scope of this case has overwhelmed the LPD. I fear this may be a situation where LE has focused their investigation on a particular lead or theory, and therefore overlooked some valid tips as rumors and nonsense. MOO

jennapuppy, to focus an investigation on a particular lead, while ignoring other leads or evidence is referred too a perceived hypothesis. This may have been the case, but I didn't see any evidence of this as witnessed in many prior. Of course we aren't privy to the inner workings of the investigation.

http://gupea.ub.gu.se/bitstream/2077/676/1/gupea_2077_676_1.pdf

Ask, K. (2006). Criminal investigation: Motivation, emotion and cognition in the processing of evidence.
Department of Psychology, Göteborg University, Sweden.

I hate it when something so big is made so generic! Guess cause I'm curious ( more like nosey, lol).

Wait, aren't those two different bridges, one heading east and the other west?

Pretty sure it's because the 310 is closed this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne