LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it hasn't been said, folks with photo problems should probably try a different web browser. Different browser software will handle the photos differently.

Safari, Firefox, Opera, etc.

OT: Not about blown margins, but just jumping off here to ask: Can anybody more computer-savvy than I (doesn't take a whole lot to be!) tell me what can be happening that makes it so that I see avatars, pics, etc. on this site BEFORE I log in, but when I log in ...they disappear? I'm running Firefox.

OT: Not about blown margins, but just jumping off here to ask: Can anybody more computer-savvy than I (doesn't take a whole lot to be!) tell me what can be happening that makes it so that I see avatars, pics, etc. on this site BEFORE I log in, but when I log in ...they disappear? I'm running Firefox.

I (think) it's in your "user CP" settings...
beyond that i am clueless!

Hopefully someone has better info!

not that I am that tech savvy, but you might need to check your settings after you log in (your control panel, edit options, scroll down there are some boxes you must check to have them displayed. HTH

It sounds like you have selected not to see avatars and signatures in your thread display options, BW. Is it just recently that you haven't been able to see avatars?

User Control Panel (User CP)->scroll down menu on left to Settings and Options->click Edit Options->scroll down to Thread Display Options and check appropriate box(es)

It's called the "GIFT OF FEAR"!
https://www.gavindebecker.com/resources/book/the_gift_of_fear/

If you are a female READ IT!
If you know and ♥ a female... buy it for her!

It is a priceless gift!

Faking a cell call might not save you!

Kristi Cornwell was REALLY talking to her boyfriend when she was abducted!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4089141...ts/t/brother-missing-woman-finds-her-remains/

And it was only thr ♥ and devotion of her dear BROTHER that her bones were found!
He NEVER gave up searching for her!
She was there the whole time!

She ahd been out on a "walk" at dusk...
MIGHT have been "hit" by a vehicle to sudue her....

The prime suspect is dead...

But LE didn't find her...

jus sayin...

Not trying to paint LE in a bad light BUT!!!!
In this case (which is similar) other than the fact that someone
"heard" wat happened...
The case grew cold very fast

moo!!!!

AS far as Mickey is concerned...

'Fools Minds'..I thought of Kristi's mom's plea and her brother Richard, her Dad, and the whole family's sacrifices while searching for her, when reading Mickey Schunick's Mom's plea.

http://www.examiner.com/article/kri...-sister-s-remains-lead-suspect-killed-himself

Kristi Cornwell: Brother finds sister’s remains, lead suspect killed himself

ATLANTA, Georgia -- Since August 2009 Kristi Cornwell’s brother has devoted his life to finding his sister who vanished while taking a walk and talking on her cell phone.

But nothing stopped Kristi’s brother, Richard, who quit his job as an engineer to look for his sister. His family sold their lake-front vacation home to fund the search that included paying for helicopter and airplane flights, printing and mailing 80,000 fliers, and offering a $50,000 reward...

Richard Cornwell has searched by helicopter, all-terrain vehicle, and on foot the wilderness of North Georgia and nearby North Carolina for any remains of his sister Kristi.

Finally on New Year’s Day he found her about nine miles from where she’d disappeared. Her body was partially buried by debris.

i am running Firefox as well with no problemo.
Good luck!

After today the Blackham Coliseum will no longer house the volunteer headquarters for Mickey.

The new volunteer center is located in the South College Shopping Center, 2811 Johnston Street. The smaller volunteer team will start the move Monday. You're still welcome to go pick up fliers or get information there, however food and supply donations are no longer needed.

http://www.katc.com/news/as-searches-wind-down-mickey-s-mom-says-they-re-not-giving-up-hope/

'Fools Minds'..I thought of Kristi's mom's plea and her brother Richard, her Dad, and the whole family's sacrifices while searching for her, when reading Mickey Schunick's Mom's plea.

http://www.examiner.com/article/kri...-sister-s-remains-lead-suspect-killed-himself

Kristi Cornwell: Brother finds sister’s remains, lead suspect killed himself

ATLANTA, Georgia -- Since August 2009 Kristi Cornwell’s brother has devoted his life to finding his sister who vanished while taking a walk and talking on her cell phone.

But nothing stopped Kristi’s brother, Richard, who quit his job as an engineer to look for his sister. His family sold their lake-front vacation home to fund the search that included paying for helicopter and airplane flights, printing and mailing 80,000 fliers, and offering a $50,000 reward...

Richard Cornwell has searched by helicopter, all-terrain vehicle, and on foot the wilderness of North Georgia and nearby North Carolina for any remains of his sister Kristi.

Finally on New Year’s Day he found her about nine miles from where she’d disappeared. Her body was partially buried by debris.
~Thank you~
Mickey is right THERE!!! :please:

MOO!!!! :moo: I just feel it!
Maybe on private property! (which will make it next to impossible to find
her)
I am lifting her up to the heveans to be found!

Bless her poor mother!

After today the Blackham Coliseum will no longer house the volunteer headquarters for Mickey.

The new volunteer center is located in the South College Shopping Center, 2811 Johnston Street. The smaller volunteer team will start the move Monday. You're still welcome to go pick up fliers or get information there, however food and supply donations are no longer needed.

http://www.katc.com/news/as-searches-wind-down-mickey-s-mom-says-they-re-not-giving-up-hope/

Thanks for this, Nola.

And remember, folks- you can always print out your own flyers via these methods:

http://findmickeynow.com/#flyers

Ih -I think us as women have that scary guy intuition and I wish that Mickey's intuition would have helped her that night.

You were very lucky! Always good to be aware of your surroundings.

Her intuition may have kicked in at some point...perhaps that's why they had to hit her if indeed that is what happened. Young people aren't as inclined to call 911....you always think it won't happen to you.

As a media person, I have been stalked twice. Even growing up I had a few close calls with random strangers. In my opinion the random strangers pose more of a risk. Of course, being that her bike was damaged I would be surprised if it started as anything more than an accident.

Wish I could post the pics that show her either on the phone or at least with her hand up to her face. And the truck with some unidentifiable object over the upper windshield and cab. I have a new iPad and cannot seem to do anything with pics....

I think it is wrong wrong wrong that LE has not had regular pressers. Inexcusable. They work for the public and need to communicate with them.

Inexcuseable, seems the LPD is missunderestimating the effectiveness of the American public as a very valuable tool in missing person investigations.

Billboards and the public were used by LE in FL back in the late 1980's to solve the cold case of a missing Ohio family; Jo Rogers & her two daughters.
Here it is over 30 years later in the age of communication, yet investigators are still relying on the antiquated Silence & Missinformation strategy that only leads to innocent victim lives lost & mounting cold cases. When will they learn?

http://www.pulitzer.org/archives/7892

'Angels & Demons' By:
Thomas French - 1998 Pulitizer Prize

Sunset

One year had gone by since the murders, and then another, and now the investigators were deep into a third. They were working day and night, working weekends, putting off vacations, losing weight, gaining weight, growing pale and pasty and haggard, waking at 3 a.m. with a jolt and scratching notes on pads beside their beds. Their sergeant did not know if they would ever find the answer. As far as he was concerned, the case was not even in their hands.

Ultimately, he believed, it was up to God whether they made an arrest.

A born-again Christian, the sergeant carried a Bible in his briefcase. He had no doubt that both heaven and hell were real. He saw good and evil not as theoretical or philosophical concepts, but as absolute realities walking upright through the world. He believed in the forces of light and darkness. He believed in demonic possession. He took it as a matter of fact that Satan and his cohorts currently reigned over the Earth.

Read More- Much More about how Billboards/Awareness solved the case..

Just thinking out loud but have they ruled out the people at the petrol station that were in the parking lot/filling up at the time she was driving past? I'm sure they have but just a thought.

Gas stations and quick shops like these always tend to be a place where people loiter. In my area, all gas stations have at least a couple cameras. One in my area was used recently to investigate a fatal accident. Happened a block away but was caught on camera.

I am going to spend the evening posting this message on every website that has a post or news story about Mickey, especially the ones where there are no comments. Public comments generate public interest.

Mickey Shunick has been missing since May 19, 2012. She is one of thousands of people currently reported missing. They come from all different backgrounds and ethnic groups. Every one of these missing persons are important because they could be our sister, brother, wife, husband or friend. Don't think that it can't happen to you or someone you love, it can. Please paste the words "missing person" into any search engine, to find out more. If you see a news story or a forum post please leave a comment of support for that person's family. Many people don't want to admit that their hometown has this problem, that people are being taken and it can happen to anyone. We need to publicly address the larger issues that are threatening our towns and cities and making us all vulnerable to this silent epidemic. http://www.findmickeynow.com/

I am going to spend the evening posting this message on every website that has a post or news story about Mickey, especially the ones where there are no comments. Public comments generate public interest.

Mickey Shunick has been missing since May 19, 2012. She is one of thousands of people currently reported missing. They come from all different backgrounds and ethnic groups. Every one of these missing persons are important because they could be our sister, brother, wife, husband or friend. Don't think that it can't happen to you or someone you love, it can. Please paste the words "missing person" into any search engine, to find out more. If you see a news story or a forum post please leave a comment of support for that person's family. Many people don't want to admit that their hometown has this problem, that people are being taken and it can happen to anyone. We need to publicly address the larger issues that are threatening our towns and cities and making us all vulnerable to this silent epidemic. http://www.findmickeynow.com/

If you don't mind I will copy this and post on my facebook!
Giving you credit and a link to Websleuths as well!

'Thanx MRS B, shared on FB & very well said'..

Also from your link,

"It's literally hellish, we want to know, we want her back. If she's still alive, no matter what's happened, you know we can handle that. If not, we'll handle that too," said Nancy, tearing up at the thought.

I think it is wrong wrong wrong that LE has not had regular pressers. Inexcusable. They work for the public and need to communicate with them.

http://theadvocate.com/home/3048148-77/sister-woman-found-in-miss

This article doesn't give me hope that the police have any solid leads, and it sounds as though the scope of this case has overwhelmed the LPD. I fear this may be a situation where LE has focused their investigation on a particular lead or theory, and therefore overlooked some valid tips as rumors and nonsense. MOO

Lots of women disappear from/near gas stations and convenience stores in this part of TX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne