LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing new on the 5:00 PM news. They interviewed her poor mom who stated " there is a reward for info leading to MS and if you want more we can give our cars or home" I feel vey sorry for her family.

Heartwrenching, Galbug. Brings back memories of the tearful pleas by the many devastated Moms, Dads, and other family members, due to missing children across the nation. One mom said, "There is a hole in my heart that only my child can fill"..

Our society thinks there is something wrong with a woman who doesn't have a man in her life. How can she function without a man?! She couldn't possibly want to be independent. There has to be an explanation: Oh, maybe it's because she doesn't like men.

(Not saying you think that; but that's the general viewpoint of society, and I bet it's even more prevalent down South where a lot of women are already married or have kids by 21)

We have moved on from the days of Gone With the Wind.

LE probably has the details regarding Mickey's friends and closer relationships but, for some reason, no one has clearly stated the answer to what we're talking about here. It is 2012 afterall.

That's another thing, I don't know if southern people are (there's no way for me to say this without offending peeps) open to being open. :waitasec:

For the record, I am a 54 year old southern female who doesn't give a flying fudgescicle about anyone's sexual orientation. I'd say 99% of the people I don't either. We're all pretty open about that and also about a woman or a man not having a significant other of either gender.

That's how Mickey will fall off the radar.

I understand it has to happen, but I don't understand why it seems that the investigation is at a stand still

I don't care so much if it SEEMS to be at a standstill.....I want to think that it is NOT at a standstill despite how it seems.

This is just what happens. There are abductions and murders that took place decades and decades ago. Some people are just never found.

If you don't have a body or a suspect to question, the investigation will just be relegated to one detective and eventually a cold case squad and then closed altogether. It is terribly frustrating, but that is just how it goes.

Just thinking out loud but have they ruled out the people at the petrol station that were in the parking lot/filling up at the time she was driving past? I'm sure they have but just a thought.

I think we should start back at the beginning maybe we all misses something...wait...where was the beginning???
OK.....lets start at the end and work our way backward....wait...where's the end?Its "wild specualtion" if we say she's alive....its " wild speculation" if we say she's dead.....
If its a rumor unless it comes from le. Its wild speculation if we say le is crooked lying or involved in a cover-up but yet what else are we supposed to conclude?

I can't help but think that some of the "rumors" (which I would not dare repeat) were true.... nobody can say le slipped up unless le says they slip up.......and the ones that
do slip up are apparently (allegedly) threatened by the ones being sued in federal court.....
Thank God for the p.I.'s.......especially our friend a.c.I.......cuz from what I understand he's working for free......our tax dollars are not paying the p.I.'s actually doing the job....IMO we are paying taxes to pay le's salaries so that they can pay for their lawyers for civil suits.......and I have a question.....if they win who are they suing? Are they suing the dept? If they are awarded money in their civil suit are we the people paying that money? Are we the people paying to be sued? By people who give us less answered than the p.I. who sprays luminol on pavement to prove a purnt .....out of the kindness of his heart?

That being said, I did blow up a pic of Mickey on the street near the school. I am 99% sure she was on a cell phone. Now I will conjecture a bit myself... When I am nervous about people near me I will often pretend to be on the phone so they think someone would be aware what is happening around me.

Ih - I have done the same thing a couple of times. The most scary being when, I was once in a local department store in the "ladies" section and I noticed a man standing very near. Everytime, I would look at him, he would pretend to be looking in the racks. I tried moving to a different part of the store and noticed him there as well. I immediately pulled my phone out of my purse and pretended to answer it, I pretended to talk to someone on the other end stating that I was sorry that I didn't hear the phone since it was on vibrate. I made my way out the store and so did the man. I talked and laughed loud enough for him to hear me and told the pretend caller where I was parked and I'd see them in a few. The man jumped in his car and left very quickly. In my nervousness, I didn't even notice the make of the car or the plate, only that it was a black car. My heart was in my throat and I felt in my gut that this was not a good situation but luckily he bought the fact that someone would be meeting me shortly. I then proceeded to call my husband and stayed with him on the phone until I arrived home.

I think us as women have that scary guy intuition and I wish that Mickey's intuition would have helped her that night.

Just thinking out loud but have they ruled out the people at the petrol station that were in the parking lot/filling up at the time she was driving past? I'm sure they have but just a thought.

No way to know because they've been so tight lipped about everything.

Been exploring the idea of jealously..it definitely wouldn't be the first time someone's bee killed of it.

Did Mickey have guyfriends with girlfriends?

"Mickey, where are you?" This is the thought that keeps running through my mind. It always, always comes back to this. I wish I could afford to come to Lafayette to help in the search efforts, but I am in upstate NY and cannot afford to travel.

I've seen video of the hundreds of local people in the Lafayette area who have participated in the search to find Mickey, and they deserve much thanks. But it can be difficult to keep these stories in the public eye. I know that the people who care about Mickey are not giving up!! But on the surface it seems like the publicity is fading away. The LE are not sharing any additional information for whatever reason, and that is creating a media vacuum. That gap must be filled in other ways!

I would humbly suggest, (being an outsider and all) that if you want media attention without having any new leads, you must give them else something to film, someone to interview, some "face time". The media needs an angle on the story that will make the viewers feel connected to Mickey. June 19th is coming up and while we hope and pray that she is found before then, it is important to have plan a major media event to mark the one month date. (Hopefully this is already being planned!)

Mickey's sister Charlie has been exemplary in this way, she is very open and generous in sharing her feelings for her sister. It might help if other people could follow her lead and go on camera to talk more about their personal connections to Mickey. Can they come together for a special "media spotlight" day? An event like this should be very vocal and visual, with large banners and public speakers, it would need to be held outside during the day and be easily accessible. People need to get on camera and open up like Mickey's sister has done. Tell the public why Mickey is so important to each one of them and make the public feel that sense of connection. Mickey's family has given so much of themselves already and they are suffering. Can someone who knows them organize a media event on their behalf?

Could the friends of other missing people join in to tell their stories too? If so, it might bring much needed exposure and support for all of these local families. What's needed is a united public outcry for the community to stand together in support of all of the families whose loved ones are missing! Many people don't want to admit that their hometowns have this problem, that people are being taken and it can happen to anyone. We need to publicly address the larger issues that are threatening our towns and cities
and making us all vulnerable to this silent epidemic.

For those of us who can't attend, we can register with every single website that mentions Mickey and other missing people and comment about this situation. I see lots of news sites with stories about Mickey with no comments left at all. When no one leaves a comment it may seem like no one cares. This is going to be my personal mission from now on.

Well, I went over to psychiccrimefighters and saw the photos that "our" chicken fried took yesterday!

Great ideas, Mrs. B!
I live in GA and feel like there is not much I can do to help, but I will do anything I can...phone calls, emails. I will even come to LA for a few days and....I don't know what, but I am open...

I like the idea of creating media attention, anyone have any ideas?

I don't disagree with your son, unfortunately. I'm close to certain she's gone.

Elizabeth Smart is the only reason I'm 'close to certain'

I was so thunderstruck when Elizabeth came home. But I know she's one in millions.

Jaycee Duggard too...look how many years before she was "discovered" & close to home!

do we think the guy was local because he knew where to dump the bike at

WB....i doubt that someone just passing through would know that. that might be one thing we know for sure. It might make him a fisherman also...to know about that spot. What other areas around La would be someplace that is off beat to fish? Spots like WB?

Ih - I have done the same thing a couple of times. The most scary being when, I was once in a local department store in the "ladies" section and I noticed a man standing very near. Everytime, I would look at him, he would pretend to be looking in the racks. I tried moving to a different part of the store and noticed him there as well. I immediately pulled my phone out of my purse and pretended to answer it, I pretended to talk to someone on the other end stating that I was sorry that I didn't hear the phone since it was on vibrate. I made my way out the store and so did the man. I talked and laughed loud enough for him to hear me and told the pretend caller where I was parked and I'd see them in a few. The man jumped in his car and left very quickly. In my nervousness, I didn't even notice the make of the car or the plate, only that it was a black car. My heart was in my throat and I felt in my gut that this was not a good situation but luckily he bought the fact that someone would be meeting me shortly. I then proceeded to call my husband and stayed with him on the phone until I arrived home.

I think us as women have that scary guy intuition and I wish that Mickey's intuition would have helped her that night.

It's called the "GIFT OF FEAR"!
https://www.gavindebecker.com/resources/book/the_gift_of_fear/

If you are a female READ IT!
If you know and ♥ a female... buy it for her!

It is a priceless gift!

Faking a cell call might not save you!

Kristi Cornwell was REALLY talking to her boyfriend when she was abducted!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4089141...ts/t/brother-missing-woman-finds-her-remains/

And it was only the ♥ and devotion of her dear BROTHER that her bones were found!
He NEVER gave up searching for her!
She was there the whole time!

She had been out on a "walk" at dusk...
MIGHT have been "hit" by a vehicle to subdue her....

The prime suspect is dead...

But LE didn't find her...

jus sayin...

Not trying to paint LE in a bad light BUT!!!!
In this case (which is similar) other than the fact that someone
"heard" what happened...
The case grew cold very fast

moo!!!!

AS far as Mickey is concerned...

We have even less to go on....

:praying:

We have moved on from the days of Gone With the Wind.

For the record, I am a 54 year old southern female who doesn't give a flying fudgescicle about anyone's sexual orientation. I'd say 99% of the people I don't either. We're all pretty open about that and also about a woman or a man not having a significant other of either gender.

'Frankly, my dear she/we really don't give a damn'...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockDuck