LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
let's all pretend they're never any consequences to the choices we make.
I'll be back later. I'm in a mood.

There was a lesbian couple in my hometown about ten years ago that had their house burned down. They were home at the time and could have been injured or killed. It was prosecuted as a hate crime.

I am glad the perps were prosecuted, and as a hate crime.
What is wrong with people????

let's all pretend they're never any consequences to the choices we make.
I'll be back later. I'm in a mood.

Sadly, this way of looking at life has rooted in our culture. It disturbs me greatly.

What causes even greater concern is the pressure applied to those who challenge this way of thinking.

eta: what's so amazing to me is the denial of common sense and the insistence that certain things just shouldn't happen in the face of absolute proof that they do

It's not like she was a child. If you can't find your 2 year for several hours, then by all means you should have called the police right away. But just b/c you can't reach an adult by phone, they aren't home, and a couple friend haven't seen them, doesn't automatically mean they are in danger. Sometimes I go out shopping and my phone gets accidentally left in the car, or with me but on silent in my purse, and then later I see my husband has called me 12 times and sent 5 texts and is freaking out. I have to call him, he is all worried, but no, he did not call the police. B/c he figures, "Oh, last time that happened she forgot her phone in the car while trying on clothes...she's a woman...trying on clothes can take a while..." Also, graduation IS a super big deal for the graduate. So, their adult daughter wasn't home, wasn't answering their phone. Are they just supposed to tell their son, "Sorry, we can't make it to your graduation. You go on by yourself and we'll see you later." No, they had to go, wanted to go...take pics, they were so proud of him. I'm sure they were growing more and more worried about Mickey during the ceremony. By the time the graduation was over and she still hadn't shown up, they realized yes, something was indeed wrong were then able to focus on looking for her.

I agree with your assessment of this situation. Thanks.

I think she was followed and taken because she is such a beautiful girl and i'm sure many would notice her..

I don't think it was a hate crime at all..but it's good to discuss every possibility.

I realize I probably missed a few pages along the way-when did the hate crime talk start to crop up? Just exploring different options or was there a specific tip I missed? I don't think I have ever seen it come up in a case before and it intrigues me.

Hetrosexual, gay, black, white, virgin...any of that could have played a part in her abduction but my intuition tellls me this perp(s) are just crazy and fixated on her for some reason other than these, some reason we don't know about or can not understand because we are sane.

Oy!

OK
-Anxiety. Maybe she becomes anxious when she's not in her own bed. She goes to school in her hometown.
-Private health issues
-Intimacy preference -not sexual- personal intimacy. If she's a very private person, maybe she didn't like staying in someone else's house.

I'm the kind of person who'd rather stay in a hotel. I don't think of it as a problem, but some people think it's weird. If I'm expected to share a room on a business trip, I always pay extra for my own room. Like I want to sleep in the same room with someone I work with. As if!
Private health issues such as something like diabetes?

(I think a lot of work is being made for the mods, personally...I don't think there is any real cause for speculation about Mickey's private life. This has all of the appearances of a random crime, IMO...)

JMO

This never occurred to me. How do they know she never made it home? Hmm
Thanks Isabelle!

B/c the last video footage of her was on St. Landry, not any cameras that were closer to her house. And b/c they didn't find the clothes that she had been wearing. And b/c her bike was dumped. If she had been home she most likely would have changed clothes and drove her car to the stables.I think it was said that she didn't ride her bike all the way to the stables.

(I think a lot of work is being made for the mods, personally...I don't think there is any real cause for speculation about Mickey's private life. This has all of the appearances of a random crime, IMO...)

JMO

I am not sure of the exact rules, but I did delete parts of my posts that mentioned some of the speculation going around right now just because I am not entirely comfortable with it.

I think she was in the wrong place at the wrong time!
She was alone at 2 am on a bicycle!

She was there for the taking!

I would assume she'd have changed clothes and they would've found the clothes she was wearing the night before in her house.

If she was so tired maybe not and since she would have to clean up before the graduation, why not just leave the clothes on? Dunno. Wonder if the stables have video cameras?

She could have made it home to pick something up before her father was awakened at 2:30. I don't think that's what happened, but it's not impossible.

And she could have taken a route that didn't have cameras or that had cameras that were never checked (I think this was the case in one of the areas ACI checked out). We have no way of knowing what time she actually disappeared, only that she was last seen on video tape at 1:48 (I think that's the time). The dogs need to go to the stables and to the place in Henderson if they haven't already been there!

Private health issues such as something like diabetes?

Sure, I didn't write the original post, but why not...I could relate to that. I don't have diabetes but I do have medicines that I take first thing in the morning. I don't always carry them with me, so I don't stay overnight unless I've planned ahead and brought my meds. Or solution and a case to keep my contact lenses in (I know some people sleep in theirs but I don't). Or insomnia or even sleep disorders, like somnambulance or apnea. (A fellow student has non-obstructive apnea and the first time we roomed together at a conference she was really apprehensive. As it turned out, she sounded like my cat when she snored.)

JMO

ITA! We are getting in the area of wild speculation here.

I think the police would know if she made it home...why would they be interested in a WT unless they suspect the truck following her. And if she did make it home...then the police are just as lost as we are here.

Nothing new on the 5:00 PM news. They interviewed her poor mom who stated " there is a reward for info leading to MS and if you want more we can give our cars or home" I feel vey sorry for her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member