LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mickey is pretty identifiable per the flyers, billboards and posters. If she is being held nearby, it may be possible the kidnapper has changed her hair color and cut and made her remove her nose ring. Is there merit to making an awareness campaign out of this possibility? (Neighbors may only be on the lookout for a petite blonde.)

Here's what we're looking at, as far as the Bonnet Carre closure.

The top lines are the Spillway and the 310 is...where it says 310.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    415.4 KB · Views: 38
Mickey is pretty identifiable per the flyers, billboards and posters. If she is being held nearby, it may be possible the kidnapper has changed her hair color and cut and made her remove her nose ring. Is there merit to making an awareness campaign out of this possibility? (Neighbors may only be on the lookout for a petite blonde.)

It's the same thing with the flippin' truck too.

:banghead:

Are you saying that this is something that happens in Lafayette, or elsewhere?
TIA

I am 100% certain that it happens elsewhere. I am unsure about the Lafayette area. Usually if it is happening in some areas it will soon be in every larger city.

Inexcuseable, seems the LPD is missunderestimating the effectiveness of the American public as a very valuable tool in missing person investigations.

Billboards and the public were used by LE in FL back in the late 1980's to solve the cold case of a missing Ohio family; Jo Rogers & her two daughters.
Here it is over 30 years later in the age of communication, yet investigators are still relying on the antiquated Silence & Missinformation strategy that only leads to innocent victim lives lost & mounting cold cases. When will they learn?

http://www.pulitzer.org/archives/7892

'Angels & Demons' By:
Thomas French - 1998 Pulitizer Prize

Sunset

One year had gone by since the murders, and then another, and now the investigators were deep into a third. They were working day and night, working weekends, putting off vacations, losing weight, gaining weight, growing pale and pasty and haggard, waking at 3 a.m. with a jolt and scratching notes on pads beside their beds. Their sergeant did not know if they would ever find the answer. As far as he was concerned, the case was not even in their hands.

Ultimately, he believed, it was up to God whether they made an arrest.

A born-again Christian, the sergeant carried a Bible in his briefcase. He had no doubt that both heaven and hell were real. He saw good and evil not as theoretical or philosophical concepts, but as absolute realities walking upright through the world. He believed in the forces of light and darkness. He believed in demonic possession. He took it as a matter of fact that Satan and his cohorts currently reigned over the Earth.

Read More- Much More about how Billboards/Awareness solved the case..

I'm so glad you brought up that case. I read that article, years ago (horrible!), and I was just yesterday trying to recall if the demon had been caught.

I've seen your other posts on Silence & Missinformation and I'm in total agreement with you. It's outrageous. Mickey's case will go cold because of this stupid approach. Those in Lafayette who are going to man that new center need to start raising hell about this. The public has a right to get regular updates, even if LE states they have info they can't share w/o jeopardizing the case. People will understand that. Pressers keep people's attention on the case, bring NEW attention to it, and they are a means of being accountable to the taxpayers.

Are you saying that this is something that happens in Lafayette, or elsewhere?
TIA

http://www.katc.com/news/simple-robbery-arrest-police-still-searching-for-3-suspects/

Simple Robbery Arrest Police Still Searching for 3 Suspects

Posted: May 20, 2012

This morning at approximately 2:15 Lafayette Police officers were flagged down by the victim of a simple robbery. The victim, a 33 year old male of Lafayette, was walking in the 500 block of Jefferson Street when 4 black males attacked him. One of the suspects began punching the victim and pulled a gold chain from the victim's neck. The suspects then fled the area.

* As officers began to look for the suspects they observed 4 black males punching and kicking a 36 year old female victim on the ground.
Clifford Ledet of New Iberia, was arrested.
read more

Breaking news on WWL:

Posted: Sunday, 10 June 2012 8:52PM

I-10 closed both directions over Bonnett Carre

I-10 remains closed in both directions between Williams Boulevard in Kenner and LaPlace due to a police action on the Bonnet Carre Spillway Bridge.

A State Police spokeswoman says officers have closed the interstate in both directions until further notice.

The best alternate route is Highway 61 (Airline Drive / Airline Highway.)

http://www.wwl.com/I-10-closed-both-directions-over-Bonnett-Carre/13395910

Hmmmmm ???

Oh no.

http://www.katc.com/news/simple-robbery-arrest-police-still-searching-for-3-suspects/

This morning at approximately 2:15 Lafayette Police officers were flagged down by the victim of a simple robbery. The victim, a 33 year old male of Lafayette, was walking in the 500 block of Jefferson Street when 4 black males attacked him. One of the suspects began punching the victim and pulled a gold chain from the victim's neck. The suspects then fled the area.

* As officers began to look for the suspects they observed 4 black males punching and kicking a 36 year old female victim on the ground.
read more

I think I'll hold off visiting Lafayette for a little while. The social temperature seems to be at boiling.

read more

Thanks for reposting that article, Foxfire. I remember it being mentioned many threads ago and most people just dismissed it. It really struck me in reading it again that this particular incident occurred almost exactly 24 hours after Mickey was last seen on surveillance video on her bicycle.

Live update on right now. I-10 is still closed in both directions at mile marker 213, they are still negotiating with the man. 4 hours and counting. Small white or silver car. The camera feed in that area has been turned off since 7:30

Inexcuseable, seems the LPD is missunderestimating the effectiveness of the American public as a very valuable tool in missing person investigations.

Billboards and the public were used by LE in FL back in the late 1980's to solve the cold case of a missing Ohio family; Jo Rogers & her two daughters.
Here it is over 30 years later in the age of communication, yet investigators are still relying on the antiquated Silence & Missinformation strategy that only leads to innocent victim lives lost & mounting cold cases. When will they learn?

http://www.pulitzer.org/archives/7892

'Angels & Demons' By:
Thomas French - 1998 Pulitizer Prize

Sunset

One year had gone by since the murders, and then another, and now the investigators were deep into a third. They were working day and night, working weekends, putting off vacations, losing weight, gaining weight, growing pale and pasty and haggard, waking at 3 a.m. with a jolt and scratching notes on pads beside their beds. Their sergeant did not know if they would ever find the answer. As far as he was concerned, the case was not even in their hands.

Ultimately, he believed, it was up to God whether they made an arrest.

A born-again Christian, the sergeant carried a Bible in his briefcase. He had no doubt that both heaven and hell were real. He saw good and evil not as theoretical or philosophical concepts, but as absolute realities walking upright through the world. He believed in the forces of light and darkness. He believed in demonic possession. He took it as a matter of fact that Satan and his cohorts currently reigned over the Earth.

Read More- Much More about how Billboards/Awareness solved the case..
Yes... it is high time that LE get with it!
JMO

I am going to spend the evening posting this message on every website that has a post or news story about Mickey, especially the ones where there are no comments. Public comments generate public interest.

Mickey Shunick has been missing since May 19, 2012. She is one of thousands of people currently reported missing. They come from all different backgrounds and ethnic groups. Every one of these missing persons are important because they could be our sister, brother, wife, husband or friend. Don't think that it can't happen to you or someone you love, it can. Please paste the words "missing person" into any search engine, to find out more. If you see a news story or a forum post please leave a comment of support for that person's family. Many people don't want to admit that their hometown has this problem, that people are being taken and it can happen to anyone. We need to publicly address the larger issues that are threatening our towns and cities and making us all vulnerable to this silent epidemic. http://www.findmickeynow.com/

When I go to the site I don't see that there (?). I'll put it on my Facebook, though (only reason I'm keeping that data mining thing going).

I'm so glad you brought up that case. I read that article, years ago (horrible!), and I was just yesterday trying to recall if the demon had been caught.

I've seen your other posts on Silence & Missinformation and I'm in total agreement with you. It's outrageous. Mickey's case will go cold because of this stupid approach. Those in Lafayette who are going to man that new center need to start raising hell about this. The public has a right to get regular updates, even if LE states they have info they can't share w/o jeopardizing the case. People will understand that. Pressers keep people's attention on the case, bring NEW attention to it, and they are a means of being accountable to the taxpayers.

Artis, "Luv this transparency quote by Criminal Profiler Pat Brown".

We could use a strong accountability system not dependent on appeals, but rather oversight. The public/cit*izens have a right to know exactly how decisions are made and cases are handled. It does not have to be in the midst of the case but certainly afterward there should be transparency. If there isn’t, how can we address issues of corruption*, incompetance, and error?

We need to know in order to fix problems and hold people accountable for what is supposed to be work done on behalf of the citizens. Somehow “the interest of the state” seems to preclude the citizenry which is odd considering the state IS the citizenry, well, at least in a democratic republic with a constitution.."Why, that it is important for the citizens to be informed of how cases and investigations are handled..

Live update on right now. I-10 is still closed in both directions at mile marker 213, they are still negotiating with the man. 4 hours and counting. Small white or silver car. The camera feed in that area has been turned off since 7:30

what's going on on I10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member