LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for reposting that article, Foxfire. I remember it being mentioned many threads ago and most people just dismissed it. It really struck me in reading it again that this particular incident occurred almost exactly 24 hours after Mickey was last seen on surveillance video on her bicycle.

Geez, I didn't even pay attention to that! My God, could it be they attacked Mickey?

Still waiting for approval? I replied to the welcome/thanks for joining email asking if membership could be rushed because of this case. Heard back pretty quickly.

Yes - just checked and still waiting.

ETA - just sent reply to welcome message. Maybe that will speed things along! :)

Artis, "Luv this transparency quote by Criminal Profiler Pat Brown".

We could use a strong accountability system not dependent on appeals, but rather oversight. The public/cit*izens have a right to know exactly how decisions are made and cases are handled. It does not have to be in the midst of the case but certainly afterward there should be transparency. If there isn’t, how can we address issues of corruption*, incompetance, and error?

We need to know in order to fix problems and hold people accountable for what is supposed to be work done on behalf of the citizens. Somehow “the interest of the state” seems to preclude the citizenry which is odd considering the state IS the citizenry, well, at least in a democratic republic with a constitution.."Why, that it is important for the citizens to be informed of how cases and investigations are handled..

She's speaking my language. Things are WAY upside with every level of government not being accountable. Corruption and abuse of power are everywhere.

The reason is known only to the perp, IMO.

The reason is the perp, yes. Someone said that we don't know what to do and that is a true statement. But, what we can do, is warn young women within our range of influence to think about their safety and point out to them what can happen and what has happened when they appear to be oblivious to worldly dangers. They should have a planned safe ride home or stay over at a friend's house. There are perps out there and they'll keep looking until they get someone but we can work harder to keep that from happening by not being complacent but to take it upon ourselves to drill into young women the realities and keep them from having a false sense of safety. They should be scared.

Back in my day, I took risks and I think all young people do to some extent. We have to live but I would not recommend to any young lady to be travelling alone after having been in a bar or for any reason really. Even back in my day, I wouldn't think to do that but there were other risks I took and survived. We were naive about some stuff back then but now I don't think we can say that because so many conversations are out in the open and news is spread in just minutes, etc.

Let's recognize that it is a risk for a woman to be travelling the streets alone at 2AM. Recognizing this is not to place blame but to bring awareness and not make it easy for perps to target a victim.

Someone mentioned wondering what Mickey did in the days before she went missing. Well, she was at a graduation party at a friend's house the night before Artmosphere. I'm thinking that's where she drank too much and didn't really care to drink the following evening. That's if I understood correctly.

Hi all, this is my first post. Forgive me if this information has already been covered, but my question regarding Mickey is:

it has been said that she received a phone call while at her friends house (the last place she was seen). Has it been said who the phone call was from, and was she heading home, or to this said friends house? what I understood from the information given, she was with her friend she ate with, then went to his house, and then received a phone call and left right after that on her bike. Sorry if it's been said already.

Thanks!

Well I started off on my journey around the web to add comments in support of findmickeynow and the Shunick Family. Unfortunately, I was in such a hurry that I made a typo in the spelling of the family name and had to go back and apologize for my error and correct it. (On 5 different posts!) So embarrassed. On the bright side it gave me a good reason to add the post a second time.
::doh:

Hi all, this is my first post. Forgive me if this information has already been covered, but my question regarding Mickey is:

it has been said that she received a phone call while at her friends house (the last place she was seen). Has it been said who the phone call was from, and was she heading home, or to this said friends house? what I understood from the information given, she was with her friend she ate with, then went to his house, and then received a phone call and left right after that on her bike. Sorry if it's been said already.

Thanks!

Welcome to Websleuths, Azlisa. Unfortunately you have asked a question none of us have the answer to. It's a great question though and we all await the answer.

Once again, Welcome. :woohoo:

I am a little OCD with all the pics out there. Figured out how to post them.

One of the pics shows the car at the ATM ? by the school blown up. Looks like a man leaning over the passenger side. My friend is just convinced that this car has something to do with it and that Mickey is just leaning on the bike rubbing her head. Ugh.

For those of you tired of the white truck...odd that there is one in every pic. The school pic even shows one coming down behind her.

Attachments

• School.ATMcar.man.png
    School.ATMcar.man.png
    369.2 KB · Views: 196
  • MS.School.png
    MS.School.png
    148.5 KB · Views: 166
  • MS.School.stopped. white truck.png
    MS.School.stopped. white truck.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 167
  • MSCircleK.png
    MSCircleK.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 142
  • WhiteTruck.CircleK.png
    WhiteTruck.CircleK.png
    525.3 KB · Views: 145
Oh, Mrs B, you wrote that? Well said and I did post it on FB.

Do you blog?

Artis, Please note I had made an unfortunate spelling/typo in my post. I misspelled the Shunick family name. (My apologies to all!) but I did catch it and have tried to correct it, I was hoping you could edit my quote in your reply. If it were any word other than their family name it might not be so bad. (I need to slow down)
:doh:

Added for context/reference:
Mickey Shunick has been missing since May 19, 2012. She is one of thousands of people currently reported missing. They come from all different backgrounds and ethnic groups. Every one of these missing persons are important because they could be our sister, brother, wife, husband or friend. Don't think that it can't happen to you or someone you love, it can. Please paste the words "missing person" into any search engine, to find out more. If you see a news story or a forum post please leave a comment of support for that person's family. Many people don't want to admit that their hometown has this problem, that people are being taken and it can happen to anyone. We need to publicly address the larger issues that are threatening our towns and cities and making us all vulnerable to this silent epidemic. In support of Mickey and her family http://www.findmickeynow.com/

Couple more enhanced photo's.

Attachments

• UnknownTruck.png
    UnknownTruck.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 137
  • WhiteTruck.CircleK.UpClose.png
    WhiteTruck.CircleK.UpClose.png
    497.9 KB · Views: 125

One of the pics shows the car at the ATM ? by the school blown up. Looks like a man leaning over the passenger side. My friend is just convinced that this car has something to do with it and that Mickey is just leaning on the bike rubbing her head. Ugh.

For those of you tired of the white truck...odd that there is one in every pic. The school pic even shows one coming down behind her.

Please tell your friend that I have been talking about that semi-crouched "figure" by the car for a while -- glad somebody else at least "sees" it! We talked a little about it in earlier threads.

Welcome to Websleuths, Azlisa. Unfortunately you have asked a question none of us have the answer to. It's a great question though and we all await the answer.

Once again, Welcome. :woohoo:

Oh, good to know I am all caught up. I hope it doesn't take this PI much longer to find out where she really is. :please:

I've long thought that Mickey was stopped in this photo, with her hand to her face. At first, I thought she might be using her phone. I later thought she might be brushing hair out of her face while talking to someone, but rubbing her head makes sense, also. I don't know what any of it means, though.

Please tell your friend that I have been talking about that semi-crouched "figure" by the car for a while -- glad somebody else at least "sees" it! We talked a little about it in earlier threads.

She thinks it looks like the trunk is open...as if it is a hatchback. Kind of looks like my Audi TT from behind. Particularly if the hatch is open. Looks like the metal arm things that open it. Can't think of the word now.

I cannot make out any details on Mickey in that surveillance shot. I can't even tell if she's coming or going. I don't know how anyone could conclude that's she's stopped or rubbing her head.

I really does look like someone leaning up against the dark car but I keep wondering if that's really what it is or if we're seeing things.

I don't see a WT in the Versailles shot.

Couple more enhanced photo's.

Is the first picture the rear window decal on the white truck? If so, what do you think it is?

I've long thought that Mickey was stopped in this photo, with her hand to her face. At first, I thought she might be using her phone. I later thought she might be brushing hair out of her face while talking to someone, but rubbing her head makes sense, also. I don't know what any of it means, though.

I think both of her hands are on the hand grips. I think the angle makes it look like her hand is near her ear. Also, the last activity on her phone was at 1:31. Those pictures were taken later.

http://www.katc.com/news/simple-robbery-arrest-police-still-searching-for-3-suspects/

Simple Robbery Arrest Police Still Searching for 3 Suspects

Posted: May 20, 2012

This morning at approximately 2:15 Lafayette Police officers were flagged down by the victim of a simple robbery. The victim, a 33 year old male of Lafayette, was walking in the 500 block of Jefferson Street when 4 black males attacked him. One of the suspects began punching the victim and pulled a gold chain from the victim's neck. The suspects then fled the area.

* As officers began to look for the suspects they observed 4 black males punching and kicking a 36 year old female victim on the ground.
Clifford Ledet of New Iberia, was arrested.
read more

That's actually my address. I didn't hear about this and I'm surprised bc there are usually cops all over at that time with the bars closing.

Last year just after 2am I had some drunks climb up on my deck for no reason except to throw flower pots and chairs. By the time I raised my window cops were there. Less than one minute. They were a half lock down and heard the noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3