LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the first picture the rear window decal on the white truck? If so, what do you think it is?

I think both of her hands are on the hand grips. I think the angle makes it look like her hand is near her ear. Also, the last activity on her phone was at 1:31. Those pictures were taken later.

Someone was saying earlier, though, that if she got scared she might pretend to be using her phone -- made sense to me; I've done that before. (I do agree, though, that it pretty much looks like both hands may be on the grips -- not sure though. Really not clear at all.)

I am a little OCD with all the pics out there. Figured out how to post them.

One of the pics shows the car at the ATM ? by the school blown up. Looks like a man leaning over the passenger side. My friend is just convinced that this car has something to do with it and that Mickey is just leaning on the bike rubbing her head. Ugh.

For those of you tired of the white truck...odd that there is one in every pic. The school pic even shows one coming down behind her.

I don't see a white truck in the Mickey School pic.

I don't see Mickey talking on her phone.

I don't see Mickey stopping her bike.

I don't see any sticker on the back of the truck.

I don't see a large black man with headphones in the truck.

I could write a Green Eggs and Ham type poem/ song stating all the things posters here see that I cannot.

I don't see a white truck in the Mickey School pic.

I don't see Mickey talking on her phone.

I don't see Mickey stopping her bike.

I don't see any sticker on the back of the truck.

I don't see a large black man with headphones in the truck.

I could write a Green Eggs and Ham type poem/ song stating all the things posters here see that I cannot.

I imagine you know the downtown area and all of its particulars pretty well. If you had to guess, knowing the location and routes Mickey took as she left 100 Ryan, what do you guesstimate the chances are of her encountering trouble that may have bled over from the downtown area?

What Mexican man? Have not heard anything, nor have i read anything about a Mexican man!!

The only thing I have heard of a Mexican man (and believe me, I've missed very few posts since the 20th of May) is that one query above, though I've seen it a couple of times now.

That's actually my address. I didn't hear about this and I'm surprised bc there are usually cops all over at that time with the bars closing.

Last year just after 2am I had some drunks climb up on my deck for no reason except to throw flower pots and chairs. By the time I raised my window cops were there. Less than one minute. They were a half lock down and heard the noise.

Considering these assaults happened 24 hours after Mickey disappeared, you'd think a big deal would be being made out this! If the cops had pressers, this is exactly the sort of thing they could be addressing. Whether they thought it was related or not, they should be warning the public to be careful and mindful of everything going on around them.

It's interesting that the perp who was caught is from New Iberia. That proves that people from out of town are in Lafayette committing crimes. This is also the type of stuff the PD is accused of trying to cover up.

I recall this coming up previously. IIRC, her phone was last pinged just before 2am. LE would know if she'd made it home, based on that. Also, CS stated she tried calling MS at around 8:30 a.m. and her phone went straight to voicemail -apparently already having lost connectivity.

I know with most phones I've had (all Alltel & Verizon), if an incoming call goes straight to voice mail, then the phone has been manually turned off. Based on this, the phone didn't just die or lose connectivity, it was shut off shortly after 2am. Perp(s) didn't want to be tracked.
I would really like to know where the phone pinged shortly after 2am. Seems the LE have another piece of info they cannot/will not share.

I'd like to know what Mexican man, as well.

I imagine you know the downtown area and all of its particulars pretty well. If you had to guess, knowing the location and routes Mickey took as she left 100 Ryan, what do you guesstimate the chances are of her encountering trouble that may have bled over from the downtown area?

My best guess has been that the perp was cruising the area for a single female. Her route from St. John from Versailles is only four blocks from Jefferson (my street with many bars). Ive suggested someone look at surveillance video from 1:00 - 2am from the 2 court houses, jail and bail bondsman, all 2-3 blocks from Mickeys route. I would bet you'd find the white truck cruising for women before he found Mickey. It IMO would be a big coincidence that the perp stumbled upon Mickey at his first pass.

As for roaming gangbangers, they're not so efficient that they could do this without leaving behind evidence. And Whiskey Bay would not be their choice dumping ground.

I don't know why she would have faked using the phone; why not actually call BW or someone if she felt scared, or better yet, 911?

My best guess has been that the perp was cruising the area for a single female. Her route from St. John from Versailles is only four blocks from Jefferson (my street with many bars). Ive suggested someone look at surveillance video from 1:00 - 2am from the 2 court houses, jail and bail bondsman, all 2-3 blocks from Mickeys route. I would bet you'd find the white truck cruising for women before he found Mickey. It IMO would be a big coincidence that the perp stumbled upon Mickey at his first pass.

As for roaming gangbangers, they're not so efficient that they could do this without leaving behind evidence. And Whiskey Bay would not be their choice dumping ground.

Excellent suggestion! I wonder if they've taken a look at the surveillance cams from those areas (and I bet they're numerous).

I agree about the roaming gangs. I too doubt they'd head to Whiskey Bay to dispose of the bike. They seem to me to be more of the smash and grab types, looking for a quick score for the sake of $'s rather than kidnappers of girls on bikes.

Considering these assaults happened 24 hours after Mickey disappeared, you'd think a big deal would be being made out this! If the cops had pressers, this is exactly the sort of thing they could be addressing. Whether they thought it was related or not, they should be warning the public to be careful and mindful of everything going on around them.

It's interesting that the perp who was caught is from New Iberia. That proves that people from out of town are in Lafayette committing crimes. This is also the type of stuff the PD is accused of trying to cover up.

If it happened 24 hours after Mickey was abducted, it's not the 3 who got away. They wouldn't go back 24 hours after their buddy had just been arrested. Plus it's not the same crime. They would have knocked her over and robbed her.

There's a majority black club that opens Thursday and Saturday on Jefferson. There's a huge crowd, mainly black kids, from all over Acadiana come downtown. The entry line goes around the block. So on Thursday and Saturday, cops block one lane of travel and many cross streets. (it's a ***** for me to drive home). They are on horseback and also congregate 5-8 or so in one group on corners. It's a huge show of force. And the city is charging bars an extra "tax" for the added protection. I know of one bar owner taking the city to court on this because he said he never asked for added protection and it's unfair that he pays a tax because he's located on a certain street.

I don't know why she would have faked using the phone; why not actually call BW or someone if she felt scared, or better yet, 911?

Agreed, though Brettly's phone had just died, she could have called 911. IMO, people are seeing things in the photos.

The only thing I have heard of a Mexican man (and believe me, I've missed very few posts since the 20th of May) is that one query above, though I've seen it a couple of times now.
if I am not mistaken there was talk in a previous thread about a Mexican man who heard someone scream but didn't want to talk to police because he was here illegally......and this is all from the best of my recollection that is not all that good...

Island Hopper.....that is the first time I saw the "school" pic....now earlier before they released any pictures at all there was a rumor that they got her on camera in front of a high school. To the best of my knowledge no one posted pictures from a verified source so it was a "rumor"......and again...I am speaking of the best of my knowledge or recollection...I do not remember there being any school pic posted here before....next question is where on her route is that? I am assuming before circle k.....chicken fried made labelled maps. Is this picture on his map?

If it happened 24 hours after Mickey was abducted, it's not the 3 who got away. They wouldn't go back 24 hours after their buddy had just been arrested. Plus it's not the same crime. They would have knocked her over and robbed her.

There's a majority black club that opens Thursday and Saturday on Jefferson. There's a huge crowd, mainly black kids, from all over Acadiana come downtown. The entry line goes around the block. So on Thursday and Saturday, cops block one lane of travel and many cross streets. (it's a ***** for me to drive home). They are on horseback and also congregate 5-8 or so in one group on corners. It's a huge show of force. And the city is charging bars an extra "tax" for the added protection. I know of one bar owner taking the city to court on this because he said he never asked for added protection and it's unfair that he pays a tax because he's located on a certain street.

It was 24 hrs after Mickey disappeared that the four thugs attacked two different people - first the guy and then the woman. It was that night that the guy was caught and arrested and his three friends got away.

I agree that it seems unlikely that these thugs abducted Mickey. A possibility that crossed my mind was them attacking her like they did the other two people, a night later, and accidentally killing her, necessitating having to take her and her bike. That said, as I type it it sounds too far out. Your idea of looking at the other cameras is excellent and it's what good police work should do. I have a feeling that hasn't been done.

if I am not mistaken there was talk in a previous thread about a Mexican man who heard someone scream but didn't want to talk to police because he was here illegally......and this is all from the best of my recollection that is not all that good...

I recall posts here a few days after Mickey disappeared about a scream that was down by the Toyota place on Johnston but that nothing had ever come of it. I didn't hear that it was a Mexican man.

Island Hopper.....that is the first time I saw the "school" pic....now earlier before they released any pictures at all there was a rumor that they got her on camera in front of a high school. To the best of my knowledge no one posted pictures from a verified source so it was a "rumor"......and again...I am speaking of the best of my knowledge or recollection...I do not remember there being any school pic posted here before....next question is where on her route is that? I am assuming before circle k.....chicken fried made labelled maps. Is this picture on his map?

It's on Versailles, across from Mid South Bank.

I remember the scream story and that someone, somewhere, allegedly, called the cops. Never knew where or what time it was but I think somebody said it was unrelated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129