LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something keeps sticking in my mind about a post in a thread long ago. Can't remember the name of the person (had a bunch of random letters as his name) and they no longer post on here. But they made several references to "clues" and said "writing is on the wall". May be just a person trying to stir things up but still can't get that out of my head and have been trying to figure out if it really meant anything...

That was so weird. It reminded me of the Zodiak Killer, who sent cryptic messages to taunt LE. (the fact that it was very late at night probably made it seem creepier)

Just trying to get an outside perspective on a currently unfolding idea. And the suspicious behavior I mentioned would entail driving around the circle K and the strip/jefferson street at 2:00am. Just driving blocks for about 20 minutes. Then taking a secluded road to a town about an hour away and driving out into the middle of nowhere. Empty fields for miles, before turning around and going home at 4:00am. Then lying about doing any of that. Also injured themself "searching" alone in backwoods areas, including whiskey bay the day before the bike was found. Combined with what I already asked, Ive been a little more than curious

This was on the same night of her disappearance?

Can't see any of your pics (are they the same ones you posted yesterday?) and not sure what exactly your speculation is?

Echo from yesterday. And the day before. And the day before that...

ACI. This person you are describing is giving me the creeps. Very sad at the same time. I'm not an expert but have seen on documentaries many times about responsiable parties inserting themselves into the investigation to be a hero of sorts.

ACI...why would this person be searching WB before the bike was even found? Seems like a long way from where mickey went missing?

But WB was searched, before the bike was found. Which is why I don't believe the bike was there from day 1.

My speculation has equal weight to ALL others, even those who laugh openly at the proposition that Mickey is RIGHT THERE under the ROAD WORK SIGN. and with her bike under the front right wheel of the Silverado. It must be considered that this is the last move she made as a free woman. It has equal weight as any other theory until PROVEN OTHERWISE.

Okay, here's the deal. The police have video, and these shots we received and have been puzzling over are still images from that video. Someone called LE last night and verified that Mickey is NOT under the truck.

I understand that people don't want to discount any theory until proven otherwise, but I think that LE saying she's not there kind of discounts it, no?

No past criminal record. Mental illness in the family. Lost a child similar to Mickeys age. Went missing and wasnt found for months (Guilty party was caught)

Of all the behavior you described it sounds like this person may have suffered a breakdown of sorts at the time their child went missing and never really came out of it. The behavior you describe is obsessive and is obviously interfering with normal day to day functioning.

Just trying to get an outside perspective on a currently unfolding idea. And the suspicious behavior I mentioned would entail driving around the circle K and the strip/jefferson street at 2:00am. Just driving blocks for about 20 minutes. Then taking a secluded road to a town about an hour away and driving out into the middle of nowhere. Empty fields for miles, before turning around and going home at 4:00am. Then lying about doing any of that. Also injured themself "searching" alone in backwoods areas, including whiskey bay the day before the bike was found. Combined with what I already asked, Ive been a little more than curious

Sometimes I like to watch YouTube clips of some of the big plays of my favorite sports team to sort of relive the happy moment. I know a lot of other sports fans do the same thing by the sheer number of posts on the videos. Sometimes local sports radio stations replay the broadcasts of the big wins of local sports teams. I don't hang up sports pictures, but I see a lot of pictures and even paintings sold in stores of big plays, big wins, championships, etc, so fans can build shrines of sort. I've seen mancaves that would certainly qualify as a shrine.

Perhaps a crazy person driving around like that is reliving the abduction, if it was a happy moment in their life. I guess for some people, abducting, raping, and killing is their "sport."

The person could be doing sort of a "reinactment" while looking at his/her watch or car/truck clock, spending the amount of time at each location, sort of reliving the experience in his/her mind. Maybe a search needs to be done near the last place this person parks before driving home.

A lot of people get hung up on anniversaries, even one month ones. The one month anniversary, or the Friday night closest to one month might be good nights to track this person.

I don't know anything about psychology, mental health, or law enforcement. These are just amateur opinions.

ACI. This person you are describing is giving me the creeps. Very sad at the same time. I'm not an expert but have seen on documentaries many times about responsiable parties inserting themselves into the investigation to be a hero of sorts.

Sounds schizophrenic.

Or severe narcissism.

Extremely suspicious behavior. Sounds like the story that Antolin guy gave about the day Sierra Lamarr went missing. Putting themselves in the area's of question but with a different explanation.

Yeah, but AGT was seen on videotape in the area, among other incriminating behavior. AGT, per his mother and sisters, went fishing that day. AGT has yet to speak. LE did an extraordinary job by following and bringing him in on murder with special circumstances charge. DNA, etc. At least in that case, LE had several pressers to keep the case in the public's collective eye, as well as spoke with the media in a more casual way.

It would be helpful if LE in this case would talk to keep it in the forefront. Unless they have a POI, the public is its eyes and ears. JMO. No information causes misinformation.

Not to mention LPD has already said this is the biggest investigation this parish has ever seen. And it's true. I think its a matter of small town LE trying to handle this massive investigation while in the midst of the big internal investigation going on and they just don't know how to handle things properly. The strategy taken, while valid once, is no longer the method that should be used to solve crimes...period. It's 2012. This is the technology and information age. It should be shared and utilized to it's maximum potential. We are the eyes and ears and the boots on the ground and need to be kept informed.

ACI, I think I recall you saying that you may talk with the family's PI. I hope you pass on these concerns about the lack of communication by LE. Perhaps pressure can be brought by Mickey's family and friends to right this situation.

Wowsie :what: ... puts my hinky meter through the roof.

Can't see any of your pics (are they the same ones you posted yesterday?) and not sure what exactly your speculation is?

I think it's the Mickey-run-over thing again.

YMMV, but to me that speculation would necessarily include the speculation that LE saw her run over on the video but is committing a breathtaking breach of public trust by hiding it from the public, saying that the previous shot of Mickey was the last time she was seen, yet released a still shot to the public that shows the bike under the truck, (undercutting their hiding it). Or else they just have really bad eyes and software and honestly can't see the bike under the truck. Something like that, IIRC from last night.

Are you invisible whilst observing this stuff?

So many things to consider there before I could take a guess at the answer. I think a necessary piece of that scenario would be ...when did the traumatizing event occur, at what stage of their development (from a psycho-sexual perspective)? At what stage of individuating their own identity and sexuality did this occur?

Much less likely in an adult.
Like rape victims who would after they were raped enjoy bondage type activity? Quite very often. Its often because of some traumatic experience such as being abused or molested that makes people screwed up sexually. Like a control or power thing. What makes people want to rape people? Or force someone? Its kind of like a power thing. They want control and like having it so much that they don't really even like having relations with anyone who wants to willingly.

I have joked but I have this little hypothesis that if someone was being forced into some sort of unwanted sexual situation that the best course of action to avoid serious injury in a situation like that would be to become really "into it" .........I am thinking that a rapist on a power trip would almost lose uhm....interest.

Wow, the lying about it..What's that all about? Guess, it would raise a red flag or two..

ACI...why would this person be searching WB before the bike was even found? Seems like a long way from where mickey went missing?

It's a natural place to look. I almost went to WB myself on May 22, but chose the Vermilion River instead, as very few people use it.

*sigh* no, the theory of her getting run over on camera is NOT just as good/plausible as any. If someone had 2 tons of vehicle on top of them, don't you think there would be blood somewhere? And if this all did happen on camera as you say, these people must move at lightning speed so as to not get caught picking a body off the road by the camera.

It's good to think outside the box, but this is ridiculous! And it was said that luminol was used on the pavement, yielding no results...

But WB was searched, before the bike was found. Which is why I don't believe the bike was there from day 1.

The first searches at WB, IIRC, were volunteer. I don't think folks were searching the water. The water went down 2.5 feet between then and the time the bike was found, and the bike was mostly submerged when found.

I think the first searches probably missed it because it was under more than 2 feet of muddy water, though that doesn't rule out it having been placed there later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne