LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The "run over by the truck in front of Circle K " has been dually considered and needs to be put to rest (at least on this thread). Same with the "injured horse" ploy and the "runaway" theory.

I think all evidence points directly to a "hit and grab" type abduction that occurred soon after Mickey passed the Circle K. I think this guy had a "plan" all figured out and Mickey just provided the first opportunity.

The best lead available is the video of the white truck. It is possible it isn't involved but it's something. The second lead is the report of the guy in a white truck hitting on women on bikes. It is my understanding that this is the "hot lead" that two unrelated witnesses provided. The "white truck" connection gives it a lot of traction.

If I had nothing to do with Mickey's abduction but I was driving my white z71 in front of Circle K at 1:48 that morning, I would have come forward. I think pretty much everyone else would. There is a small chance that the owner is simply unaware that his truck is the focus of a criminal investigation, but it is pretty unlikely. Now, if I had been hitting on girls riding bikes late at night, would I come forward? Maybe not.

If all available evidence doesn't point to one suspect, which appears to be the case here, the only alternative is to work in reverse: focus on people who "fit the profile" but can't be ruled out. In this case, the white truck is the key. The problem with this approach is that it requires a lot resources and it can lead to "excessive attention" and even false conviction, of innocent "suspects". Further complicating the matter is the problem of folks deliberately making themselves suspects by claiming to know the victim, having been in the area at the time of the crime, etc. Also complicating the matter is the "good Citizens" that will call in leads and exaggerate/embellish/lie about the basis of their suspicions. You can bet the names of plenty of brother-in-laws, ex-boy-friends etc. have been reported.

The key is to "prioritize" the leads and work down. Community confidence in law enforcement is vital. A lot of men, most of whom own white trucks, will be contacted. None will have any obligation to answer questions or otherwise cooperate.

A.C.I. has a few "POIs", one of whom sounds very interesting, but anyone who has followed any of these cases know that often MANY "strong" suspects turn up and the investigators have to be able keep an open mind until there is enough evidence to "seal the deal". All too often investigations go afoul when a lead detective develops "tunnel blindness".

Not in mental health industry, but I've seen it..and well..statistics.

It's not often. It's usually by someone with a prior diagnosed mental condition, but there have been cases where it's a family member that becomes obsessed to the point of stalker-like when a case even has one minor detail in common with the tragedy.

It's almost the same mentality as these stalkers who think they have relationships with celebrities they've never met.

Not always the case, look at John Walsh.

I'm several pages back and maybe this been addressed but where is the proof of your claim? To be clear, ACI wondered if someone who is a family member of a victim of a crime, such has happened to Mickey, becomes a perpetrator of the same kind of crime. I've never heard of anything like that. And, what about John Walsh? I didn't understand that remark.

Thanks.

Just trying to get an outside perspective on a currently unfolding idea. And the suspicious behavior I mentioned would entail driving around the circle K and the strip/jefferson street at 2:00am. Just driving blocks for about 20 minutes. Then taking a secluded road to a town about an hour away and driving out into the middle of nowhere. Empty fields for miles, before turning around and going home at 4:00am. Then lying about doing any of that. Also injured themself "searching" alone in backwoods areas, including whiskey bay the day before the bike was found. Combined with what I already asked, Ive been a little more than curious

Perhaps an unconscious desire to figure out what happened to MS in order to relieve feelings of helplessness they have. Maybe this incident with MS has caused a dissociative disorder to emerge along with PTSD.

BTW

Stalked & raped are all I have, for the record.

I'm not going to jump out 10 pages down and say I was kidnapped for ransom or rear ended by Lindsey Lohan.

Wait...when I was in kindergarten, a mean girl (not Lindsey Lohan) pushed me down on the playground and I suffered a skull fracture. I guess that's assault.

ETA: This is sarcasm - I do not fear or shy away from the topics. I've talked about my stalker here before, when we talked about the tenacity of stalkers re: MS. I won't discuss violent rape any further.

Now, back to the purpose of this thread. I'm not eliminating anything, dagnabbit! I won't harp on it, I won't even bring it up - but I'll let go when I feel the need. Thanks for your input, I've got my personal thoughts covered.

Hi ACI, I just read your posts about the individual who suffered a tragedy, etc. In what condition was his child found? (Sorry if this has been asked and answered...I will keep reading.)

As I noted in the subject line...I'm not a mental health expert. I did get my BA in psychology and was ABD in a graduate clinical psych program before I earned my MS and started my PhD inNeuroscience.

I'm several pages back and maybe this been addressed but where is the proof of your claim? To be clear, ACI wondered if someone who is a family member of a victim of a crime, such has happened to Mickey, becomes a perpetrator of the same kind of crime. I've never heard of anything like that. And, what about John Walsh? I didn't understand that remark.

Thanks.

I said the John Walsh remark as more of an example. His 6 year old was abducted and murdered. He turned that tragedy into a positive.

And you're right, it was addressed through other posters.

Here's something interesting - Police just released VIDEO in the Jaren Lockhart case.

VIDEO, not cropped stills.

WAFB in BR announced the video might be released to day if the man and woman that Jaren was seen leaving with didn't come forward! Where is it, can we access on line? Thanks

Let us know how that works out, if you should be unfortunate enough to experience such a thing.

As a long ago rape victim, I can tell you that strategy is not foremost in your mind. Or in mine, anyway.

You tried it out? I thought it meant that was a little off by even thinking of it much less trying it out. I was in a situation where i didnt feel my life was threatened. Just my dignity and self respect...
There is a thin line between genius and insanity you know....

BTW

Stalked & raped are all I have, for the record.

I'm not going to jump out 10 pages down and say I was kidnapped for ransom or rear ended by Lindsey Lohan.

Wait...when I was in kindergarten, a mean girl (not Lindsey Lohan) pushed me down on the playground and I suffered a skull fracture. I guess that's assault.

ETA: This is sarcasm - I do not fear or shy away from the topics. I've talked about my stalker here before, when we talked about the tenacity of stalkers re: MS. I won't discuss violent rape any further.

Now, back to the purpose of this thread. I'm not eliminating anything, dagnabbit! I won't harp on it, I won't even bring it up - but I'll let go when I feel the need. Thanks for your input, I've got my personal thoughts covered.

Aww. THat kid deserved a good Axx whipping. I hope the kid got it!

WAFB in BR announced the video might be released to day if the man and woman that Jaren was seen leaving with didn't come forward! Where is it, can we access on line? Thanks

Link to Jaren's thread [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175509"]Found Deceased LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 05 June 2012 - #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Violent death. I don't want to give too many details so people don't sleuth him.

Could the anniversary date of the subjects loss be on or near the date MS disappeared?

I think it's the Mickey-run-over thing again.

YMMV, but to me that speculation would necessarily include the speculation that LE saw her run over on the video but is committing a breathtaking breach of public trust by hiding it from the public, saying that the previous shot of Mickey was the last time she was seen, yet released a still shot to the public that shows the bike under the truck, (undercutting their hiding it). Or else they just have really bad eyes and software and honestly can't see the bike under the truck. Something like that, IIRC from last night.

INDEED. Lord folks cut it out already! Do you seriously think police sent out a pic of her under the truck???????!!!!!!! Like.... really??????!!!!!!!!!

A.C.I. has a few "POIs", one of whom sounds very interesting, but anyone who has followed any of these cases know that often MANY "strong" suspects turn up and the investigators have to be able keep an open mind until there is enough evidence to "seal the deal". All too often investigations go afoul when a lead detective develops "tunnel blindness".[/FONT][/COLOR]

Oh I understand that all too well. And don't worry, my other POI's are not being forgotten. This was simply the more odd of the three so I wanted input from those in the mental health field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne