LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what this really boils down to is that Brettly never said anyone was on the outs with Mickey at the stables?

I do recall Brettly saying that he had broken up with his old GF, that she and Mickey had been fiends and that she and Mickey's relationship became strained. Possible this girl was the type who didn't like a girlfriend to get friendly with an ex boyfriend. IOW, I'm mad at him so if you're my friend, you won't be friends with him. Happens all the time. I did not know that Brettly's ex also worked at the stables. When I first heard about his ex, I entertained her as a possible suspect, too. I can see why you might wonder about it. Did you think that she may have hurt Mickey's horse?

stop it. read between the lines. I'm not going to accuse anyone. I'm trying to sort out Mickey's circumstances prior to her going missing.

All I asked, 10 pages ago, is if anybody knew how Mickey's horse was injured. That's all I wanted to know. Then an UPROAR as to how dare that I would assume or suspect or conclude that whatever happened to the horse was anything but an accident. I'm moving on to a new subject and trusting the investigators will be thorough by ruling all possibilities out.

Re: Artis

The idea of someone with an abducted child actually becoming an "abductor" might seem illogical to most people. However, PTSD can cause a person's brain to basically become rewired and they do not think the same way that they used to. People have different reactions to stressful events. They may become dissociated, delusional, impulsive, angry etc. as a result of such event. It is also important to note that mental illness has a strong genetic link.

Unfortunately, I'm all too familiar with PTSD. Yes, I know it can account for some extreme changes in the hard wiring and behavior but I have never heard of any case where the parent of an abducted and murdered child turns into a psychopath who abducts and murders. The only instance in which I could imagine that is if the person whose child was abducted just happened to be a psychopath, already. Anything is possible.

Originally Posted by A.C.I
Just trying to get an outside perspective on a currently unfolding idea. And the suspicious behavior I mentioned would entail driving around the circle K and the strip/jefferson street at 2:00am. Just driving blocks for about 20 minutes. Then taking a secluded road to a town about an hour away and driving out into the middle of nowhere. Empty fields for miles, before turning around and going home at 4:00am. Then lying about doing any of that. Also injured themself "searching" alone in backwoods areas, including whiskey bay the day before the bike was found. Combined with what I already asked, Ive been a little more than curious

Does this place this person visited in the middle of the night ~1 hr away have any significance to their missing child? As in, was his/her missing child found near there, so they are returning to revisit this place, as this case has brought up memories for them?

Have you told LE about the place this person went, so they can search?

Does this place this person visited in the middle of the night ~1 hr away have any significance to their missing child? As in, was his/her missing child found near there, so they are returning to revisit this place, as this case has brought up memories for them?

Have you told LE about the place this person went, so they can search?

Nowhere near. And yes they know about everything

I didn't give out anything identifying. Those that have pm'ed me saying they know who it is were wrong. But it's fine. I got enough opinions. We can move on now.

Really you said he lost his daughter 10 years ago, he's white and old enough to have a 21/22 year old now. That's all. Not a whole lot... :twocents:

Im not suggesting an instant mental transformation. It was 10 years ago and mental issues run in the family.

Yeah, I didn't think you meant an overnight transformation.

It's so hard to guess what's possible w/o knowing the man's history. I would *think* that if he was going to go off the rails after losing a child to murder that he might be more likely to kill a perceived perp. Sort of Charles Bronson style.

Dunno, ACI. You'll just have to dig deeper. I would try to befriend him and get him to open up about his kid.

ACI you indicated that whatever happened to the POI's family member happened about 10 years ago. Wasn't that about the same time that DTL was on the loose?

A.C.I., Given what you have learned and discovered so far, is it still your inclination to search the area around WB, or would you suggest another direction for searchers/investigators to concentrate on?

Really you said he lost his daughter 10 years ago, he's white and old enough to have a 21/22 year old now. That's all. Not a whole lot... :twocents:

This isn't my first rodeo. Do you think I would say exactly when he lost his child? Or the exact age of his child? Did I say what state it occurred in? And are the vague circumstances of the disappearance I gave completely accurate or any of the other details for that matter? I said what needed to be said to get the answer I was looking for.

Lots of people have lost children in their twenties in the last 20 years or so.

Yeah, I didn't think you meant an overnight transformation.

It's so hard to guess what's possible w/o knowing the man's history. I would *think* that if he was going to go off the rails after losing a child to murder that he might be more likely to kill a perceived perp. Sort of Charles Bronson style.

Dunno, ACI. You'll just have to dig deeper. I would try to befriend him and get him to open up about his kid.

Ooooooh I could see how he might be doing some sleuthing of his own.....for a perceived perp ....

After reading through ALL of the threads, the most logical conclusion I can come to is that it had to have been a person or persons she knew. Perhaps only an acquaintance? That seems to be the only logical reason for why there has been no physical evidence found on the road along the route where she was last seen and why nobody in the vicinity is known to have heard any kind of crash or call for help. I hope they find her soon and this case doesn't go cold like so many others. To ACI-I commend you on all your efforts-I think you're dope!��

searching for any clues
he may have left behind when he ditched the bike?

Or worse.

The whole thing is intriguing.

I wonder if he's the same man that another poster mentioned riding out to Whiskey Bay with (had a child abducted and murdered).

Just something for folks to ponder, when discussing calling LE about things and also when handling rumors:

I just wasted FIVE HOURS last night and this morning listening to police scanner files from a couple days ago that had nothing of interest. The way the files were set-up and formatted, I was unable to get them to burn onto any disc, or get them to play on any other device than the PC in my room, and they had to be listened to, straight through. Every time I had to leave the room, I had to pause them and come back to them so as not to miss a single LE call.

They were forwarded to me to be double-checked because someone swore to A.C.I that they had heard the police announce that they had found more video of Mickey, but he couldn't find it anywhere.

Seeing as how crucial to the case finding more video would be, I took the time to do it.

Whoever gave A.C.I that garbage tip just took me away from some leads I'm following, and impeded my investigation, and wasted A.C.I's time, too. I'm not happy about it.

Either LE purposely redacted their scanner files to hide it, or someone had a heck of an imagination.

But this is an object lesson in how every tip called in has to have some merit, so as not to waste manpower.

Just something to think about.

This is the biggest hindrance to LE seeking help from the public.
The public includes everybody and there's always going to be those who are trying to throw a wrench in the investigation either because they're idiots/nuts or have a motive for doing so.

Ooooooh I could see how he might be doing some sleuthing of his own.....for a perceived perp ....

Well, if I had a kid or any loved one abducted and murdered I might go off the rails and become a vigilante. There was a California women who shot and killed her son's molester on the courthouse steps. I thought that was AWESOME. She was charged and the idiot jury sent HER to prison.

Without many details, was his child killed/taken during daylight hours while doing something such as grocery shopping, church errand...just wondering if he would be angry at the fact that young girls are riding bikes at all hours of the night.

He wouldn't have any reason to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member