LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to have to reference Tim Miller here in the midst of the discussion of A.C.I.'s strange acting POI.
Tim a wonderful example of what someone does POSITIVELY after the terrible loss of a child. He HAS visited MANY crime scenes and / or search areas; and yes, it came about because of what happened to his daughter.
Yes, I know it is true; different people react differently to trauma and terrible loss.
Sorry, Tim just came into my mind as I read ; I know there are others.
I'm sure A.C.I will not jump to conclusions about this particular person and maybe WE should not ask too many questions about the person at this point?........but what do I know? I'm a very POOR SLEUTH!
Just :twocents:

I'm just going to have to reference Tim Miller here in the midst of the discussion of A.C.I.'s strange acting POI.
Tim a wonderful example of what someone does POSITIVELY after the terrible loss of a child. He HAS visited MANY crime scenes and / or search areas; and yes, it came about because of what happened to his daughter.
Yes, I know it is true; different people react differently to trauma and terrible loss.
Sorry, Tim just came into my mind as I read ; I know there are others.
I'm sure A.C.I will not jump to conclusions about this particular person and maybe WE should not ask too many questions about the person at this point?........but what do I know? I'm a very POOR SLEUTH!
Just :twocents:

Im definitely not jumping to any conclusions. Just following some leads and investigating based on the activities I observed. I knew there were mental health professionals on here so I wanted some input.

I got what I needed. Thanks very much ;)

That's why Charlie said not to focus specifically on THAT truck, but something similar to that.

The public would have to be mind readers to know that though. When LE shows the public an image of a truck, pictured at the same place the victim was last seen, what other logical conclusion is there other than the police are looking for that same truck?

Otherwise, why not show a picture of a truck from a car dealership brochure?
If they weren't looking to i.d. the same truck, that was poor communication imo.

oh wow, i didnt realize that this person was at wb the night before ms bike was found and then lied to aci when he inquired about it .... that could be interpreted in a negative way... i hope le is really watching this one

I dont think so. But I suppose its possible

I asked because of the security guard who knew her. Made me think that Mickey may have chatted with various people along her routes.

The public would have to be mind readers to know that though. When LE shows the public an image of a truck, pictured at the same place the victim was last seen, what other logical conclusion is there other than the police are looking for that same truck?

Otherwise, why not show a picture of a truck from a car dealership brochure?
If they weren't looking to i.d. the same truck, that was poor communication imo.

It just meant that the public should take note of any white 4 door trucks in the area.

It just meant that the public should take note of any white 4 door trucks in the area.

I was watching the traffic cams again today. I saw a car carrier coming into town with 8 white pickups on it.

eek!

edit: there is an accident at Pinhook and La Rue France right now. First LE vehicle I've seen.

ACI....maybe he knew you were watching him and took you on a wild goose chase out to no mans land because he knew you were tailing his butt...lolol

I just wanted to throw the thought out there, because it is an angle we have not discussed...I appreciate that you even take the time to discount it...I am sorry for mentioning it because it really doesn't make sense.
I wish I had never seen the darn picture...

For my own self, I was rebutting your argument with what I consider logic, and not attacking you personally. You have the right to post it, but I also have the right to rebut it. If we're not allowed to rebut arguments, then I am unclear about the purpose of this board. Allowing theories to stand without rebuttal results in innumerable theories that take up investigators' time. Vetting is good, IMO.
:twocents:

I appreciated your response and logic, see my earlier post above. I agree 100% about debate and rebuttal...I enjoyed our little "conversation" and you made me think! What I am talking about is many are saying to drop it...that it is taboo subject matter, and I don't think anyone but a mod can say my opinion needs to be dropped from the discussion because it is different then most. That's all. And of course, that's up for debate! My opinion only.

Originally Posted by A.C.I
claimed to have been searching every backwoods area they could think of.

And to everyone asking, this was a week after she went missing. Exactly a week. To the very minute of the last footage we saw of Mickey, is when I first spotted him in the area.

And when I say drove out into the middle of nowhere, I mean drove an hour out of town and out where there was just a tiny road and miles and miles of fields, abandoned barns and grain silos. That kind of out in the middle of nowhere

Is WB on his way out to where he was going? Or could he have gotten there on his way back?

I appreciated your response and logic, see my earlier post above. I agree 100% about debate and rebuttal...I enjoyed our little "conversation" and you made me think! What I am talking about is many are saying to drop it...that it is taboo subject matter, and I don't think anyone but a mod can say my opinion needs to be dropped from the discussion because it is different then most. That's all. And of course, that's up for debate! My opinion only.

I can only speak for myself, but I tried only to reinforce earlier that LE had said she wasn't under the truck, and that the idea that she was could be refuted by the fact that they've got video to back it up. I'll admit that there's a little frustration on my part (that I hope I've been able to prevent from coming out) that it seems that that argument isn't logical enough for some of the posters here, that they feel there is more to it, but that's their prerogative to believe or not believe.

I dunno.... I can see both sides, but I'll admit I'm firmly in the camp of "she's not there, move on!" :floorlaugh:

I hope Mickey is found soon. Her family has been through more than any people should have to go through.

This isn't my first rodeo. Do you think I would say exactly when he lost his child? Or the exact age of his child? Did I say what state it occurred in? And are the vague circumstances of the disappearance I gave completely accurate or any of the other details for that matter? I said what needed to be said to get the answer I was looking for.

Lots of people have lost children in their twenties in the last 20 years or so.

I was agreeing with you. That you didn't say too much....

Horses can maim themselves on air. They are pretty much trying to kill themselves 24/7. The fact that any of them manage to survive in the wild is beyond me. Lol.

I am a horseperson from south Louisiana and found out about this case through a few friends who have ridden with Mickey for years. I did not know her, but have been praying for her safe return and following this site with interest.

The fact that horses CAN and DO cause injuries to themselves is one thing and I wasn't aware of that. People fall down and break their arm or leg all the time too.

That said, I still want to know the reason that Mickey's horse had a sliced nostril. Even if odds are 90% clumsy horse / 10% caused by human hand, I'd like to know the answer to this particular injury. Although interesting, I didn't ask what usually causes injured noses to horses.

Does anybody else understand my point even if the odds are slim it amounts to anything? Sometimes details do provide important clues.
It's not wrong to ask about them imo.

ACI....maybe he knew you were watching him and took you on a wild goose chase out to no mans land because he knew you were tailing his butt...lolol

Its pretty obvious when I get burned following someone. He didnt appear to be on to me. But to make sure, thats why my pretext was about a suspicious vehicle and described my own. He had no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member