LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, here's the deal. The police have video, and these shots we received and have been puzzling over are still images from that video. Someone called LE last night and verified that Mickey is NOT under the truck.

I understand that people don't want to discount any theory until proven otherwise, but I think that LE saying she's not there kind of discounts it, no?
IF that is true it would have to be enough for me. Some locals have made comments to the effect that someone on the force is being protected from his own OWI problem. I can't see that from here. <edit> to remind you that I said under the sign, NOT under the truck. I'm sure LE wouldn't play fast and loose with a detail like that.

Man, a Silverado is throaty. If that was a truck you were already afraid of, you could DEF hear it from 10s of feet away. I can hear my mom's neighbor start his from over 50 ft away. It's like a fuel efficient Grand Fury III.

Like rape victims who would after they were raped enjoy bondage type activity? Quite very often. Its often because of some traumatic experience such as being abused or molested that makes people screwed up sexually. Like a control or power thing. What makes people want to rape people? Or force someone? Its kind of like a power thing. They want control and like having it so much that they don't really even like having relations with anyone who wants to willingly.

I have joked but I have this little hypothesis that if someone was being forced into some sort of unwanted sexual situation that the best course of action to avoid serious injury in a situation like that would be to become really "into it" .........I am thinking that a rapist on a power trip would almost lose uhm....interest.

You ever been raped? I was - and there are NO enjoyable replays. I realize we are all different, but so are rapists. It's a crap shoot whether you play along, fight, or remain indifferent. And as for the victims, I believe most of us shut down emotionally - and it's been 35 years for me.

claimed to have been searching every backwoods area they could think of.

And to everyone asking, this was a week after she went missing. Exactly a week. To the very minute of the last footage we saw of Mickey, is when I first spotted him in the area.

And when I say drove out into the middle of nowhere, I mean drove an hour out of town and out where there was just a tiny road and miles and miles of fields, abandoned barns and grain silos. That kind of out in the middle of nowhere

Interest piqued.

I have a question for anyone in the mental health industry. How often is it the case when someone suffers a tragedy (similar to this) with a violent and traumatic ending, and they are obviously "a little off" mentally, that they then become drawn (sexually or otherwise) to things reminiscent of said tragedy?

Sounds like obsessive compulsive disorder. OCD often occurs with post traumatic stress disorder. OCD is not always the tics and repetitive behaviors that everyone associates with the disorder. It can be any kind of obsessive, even unwanted desire to perform a particular action. Basically, an individual's mind compels them to do something that may seem unreasonable. It frequently occurs after traumatic events.

That is very suspicious behavior and I agree that it sounds like a reliving of some sort of memory. Not many people go driving around the city AND countryside in the middle of the night.
I'm not a psychologist, but I know it is common for people who have had traumatic events in their life, to become obsessed with it. When you combine that with a mental illness, say like obsessive compulsive disorder, it makes the person more prone to focusing on it, and sometimes the darker aspects of the crime.
A HUGE factor to me, without trying to go into psychology, does MS bear any type of physical resemblance to the POI's lost child. If MS does, then it becomes really spooky.

Very much so

ACI, I didn't see where you said you had a suspect. Would this be the same suspect mentioned by the family PI? Whether so or not, why has no sketch been released?

I haven't heard of very many family members of 9.11 victims becoming suicide pilots. My brother was SAR, on scene within 4 hours and on the pile for two weeks. He drinks more now, but he's not whacked.

9/11 could actually be a good analogy.

After 19 Arab Moslem highjackers from Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Egypt, and Lebanon performed "Shock & Awe" on the USA, Americans have dwelt upon the attacks to this day. We've built memorials and shrines. As a coin collector, I've seen a lot of 9/11 commemorative coins out there.

Despite knowing how it feels to be victimized by such an attack, we eventually performed "Shock & Awe" on Iraq even though none of the highjackers or planners were from Iraq.

claimed to have been searching every backwoods area they could think of.

And to everyone asking, this was a week after she went missing. Exactly a week. To the very minute of the last footage we saw of Mickey, is when I first spotted him in the area.

And when I say drove out into the middle of nowhere, I mean drove an hour out of town and out where there was just a tiny road and miles and miles of fields, abandoned barns and grain silos. That kind of out in the middle of nowhere

Could this middle of nowhere possibly be a burial site?

snipped:
The person could be doing sort of a "reinactment" while looking at his/her watch or car/truck clock, spending the amount of time at each location, sort of reliving the experience in his/her mind. Maybe a search needs to be done near the last place this person parks before driving home.
I was thinking along the same line as you ... some type of reenactment. Are they reenacting a crime they committed OR are they reenacting what they were doing when their own child was missing OR possibly both.

That's my current debacle. I confirmed it multiple times, but it's still possible they were just confused or mixed up the days. And that they really are just trying to help with the search since the same thing happened to them and the fact that they are unstable is making their behavior very suspicious. But still, if there's even the slightest chance....I have to look into it.

Does this person go to the same place in the middle of nowhere every time? How long does he/she stay there? Can you tell if he/she get out of their car?

Wow, some of you guys are creeping me out. Scary stuff. ACI and Chicken Fried, you are my heroes.

I am getting the gist of what ACI is saying and if someone was out at WB the day before the bike was found, he could have been checking to see if it was see-able. Know what I mean? Seeing if it would surface.

ACI, I didn't see where you said you had a suspect. Would this be the same suspect mentioned by the family PI? Whether so or not, why has no sketch been released?

Thats just one of three suspects I have. The family PI and LE know about him, but I don't know if they ever pursued the lead. As far as the sketch...no idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx