LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that makes him an a-hole at all! This is his job, he's trying to do it. Just like LE aren't going to show all their cards, neither is the P.I.

Not even to another p.I.????? To the general public ..no. but to another p.I........if he doesn't want to work together with another p.I. and be a team player for the sake of sharing some info with another p.I. in order to get to the bottom of a missing person investigation then yeah in my opinion he's an a-hole.

You don't know and neither does he.....aci might have the same suspects.....they might be able to point one or the other or each other in the right direction....

P.I holding info from another p.I. interested in the same case is like le withholding info from another member of le working side by side with him. It is stupid. It would not be stupid if the hired pi "hired" a.c.I. to help in his investigation.....would not be stupid to allow a.c.I. to "work for him" on a VOLUNTEER BASIS (TO NOT BE PAID....BECAUSE HE IS WORKING FOR FREE)

Is abdella working for free?.....Nerp.....he's working for the money he's getting paid and if he gets nowhere it will never be known whether he would have gotten anywhere if he had accepted help. They are equals.......should work together ......not compete. That's not smart at all and not in the best interest of Mickey her family justice.....nothing....its ONLY in the best interest of the pi who wants credit after the fact....if he isn't willing to share info or share credit there may be no credit to be had .....given.....received. partial credit better than none at all!!!!!

TWO HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE! AND THAT ABOUT SUMS IT UP.

Does this person go to the same place in the middle of nowhere every time? How long does he/she stay there? Can you tell if he/she get out of their car?

Just the one time. It was a week to the minute of when Mickey was last seen. Never got out of the vehicle, just drove circles

Well I wouldn't know that. Anyone could go anywhere alone if they wanted to right? I just know that people were searching, 24/7 in the beginning.

True I am just saying to me it seems odd that's all. A group of family, friends I could see. One person just seems off to me then add driving to this out of way area just doesn't seem right.

I've never heard of a parent of a missing person becoming the murderer of another missing person, but I suppose it's possible. I do know of at least one sibling of a missing child who went on to abduct and murder at least 3 people - Cary Stayner.

With regards to whether the picture of the truck shows MS under it.

There's more then one person on here, including myself, who are not ready to dismiss the idea that the photo could indeed show MS under it. I realize many of you discount the idea as completely ridiculous, but not all of us do. That being said, I don't think majority rules on this thread as far as what we can and can't discuss. If a few of us would like to discuss it, it would be nice for others who think it is a worthless subject to just ignore the posts regarding it...instead our posts are being treated as though our thoughts are somehow intruding on your thread, that is not our goal. We just see things differently, and I don't feel too great about being laughed at about it when I am here for the same reasons as you...to find Mickey.
My opinion only.

A.C.I is a stud for having the cajones to follow this creep like that.

Interesting. You concur that a can of mace was found on a search yesterday? May I ask how you know?
I don't know anything about a can of mace being found yesterday. I heard one was found a week or two ago. I read about it here.

I haven't heard anything about yesterday, except for the I.M.P.A.C.T.

And I heard that here too.

9/11 could actually be a good analogy.

After 19 Arab Moslem highjackers from Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Egypt, and Lebanon performed "Shock & Awe" on the USA, Americans have dwelt upon the attacks to this day. We've built memorials and shrines. As a coin collector, I've seen a lot of 9/11 commemorative coins out there.

Despite knowing how it feels to be victimized by such an attack, we eventually performed "Shock & Awe" on Iraq even though none of the highjackers or planners were from Iraq.

An error-ridden response from a misguided administration <-- AND THAT'S ALL I'M GONNA SAY ABOUT THAT

I'm saying survivors of and first responders to the hole haven't been drawn to commit similar acts against others.

Interesting. You concur that a can of mace was found on a search yesterday? May I ask how you know?

We shouldn't be discussing anything that was found on searches...unless that rule was changed and i'm not aware.

ACI---I sent a copy of your assorted posts, and questions, to our verified mental health professional. maybe she will get back to you with her expert opinion, having worked for years in mental health facilities.

I've never heard of a parent of a missing person becoming the murderer of another missing person, but I suppose it's possible. I do know of at least one sibling of a missing child who went on to abduct and murder at least 3 people - Cary Stayner.

What if she wasn't murdered. What if she is being held because of this person's loss. By the way I live a few hours from that Yosemite stuff and it was very scary god those poor women and their families.

Just the one time. It was a week to the minute of when Mickey was last seen. Never got out of the vehicle, just drove circles

A.C.I. I know we are all throwing questions at you, sorry.
Does this person seem to have the mental capacity to plan an abduction?

I would think the spot he is driving to has some meaning to him, maybe something to do with his lost child?

Wow, some of you guys are creeping me out. Scary stuff. ACI and Chicken Fried, you are my heroes.

I am getting the gist of what ACI is saying and if someone was out at WB the day before the bike was found, he could have been checking to see if it was see-able. Know what I mean? Seeing if it would surface.

Or maybe feeling WB was safe because of the past searches since Mickey disappeared, they were putting the bike in the water. It's said no one had seen the bike before on searches. Unless it was stuck in mud or caught by something in the water, it seems like the current would have moved it farther had it been dumped from the beginning. I'm not familiar with WB and it's current so I might be 100% wrong.

Can't see any of your pics (are they the same ones you posted yesterday?) and not sure what exactly your speculation is?

there is a pixel event below the sign, not consistent with the lines of the truck. I see a girl with blonde hair. I also see that big bike light under the truck. If LE says move on, who am I to disagree. It would be nice if images would appear instead of blacksquare. You can click on it as a link if you care to describe the pixel event, which you've already seen. In my opinion this image may have been tampered with by the police. I've not seen a reasonable explanation for the pixel event in the rear passenger window on the drivers side. It looks like a cross within a circle, discussed earlier.. wondering what image redaction looks like. One of the clearer shots of Mickey has a splash of light where some say people may have been. Image redaction?

Makes note to self...not to go driving around at 2:00 am in isolated areas for fear of being considered a POI

Wow, the lying about it..What's that all about? Guess, it would raise a red flag or two..

If the person lied about searching, what would confirm this? Were they seen?

I have a question for anyone in the mental health industry. How often is it the case when someone suffers a tragedy (similar to this) with a violent and traumatic ending, and they are obviously "a little off" mentally, that they then become drawn (sexually or otherwise) to things reminiscent of said tragedy?
There is a significant correlation between Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and OCD symptoms. Studies have found that anywhere between 4% and 22% of people with PTSD also have a diagnosis of OCD.
http://cpl.psy.msu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Huppert-et-al.-2005.pdf
http://ptsd.about.com/od/relatedconditions/a/OCD_PTSD.htm

To be very accurate: These results from the first cited study support the presence of a relationship between symptoms of OCD and PTSD that may be largely accounted for by a combination of symptom overlap and depression.

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

When my grandmother was dying in the final stages of cancer, she was asking why some of the other old ladies in the community weren't also dying, why they got to continue living. She was somewhat delerious at the time and was obviously in a weakened state. She wouldn't have said anything like that under normal circumstances.

If the father of a victim abducted Mickey, perhaps he too has been in a weakened state, mentally from his own child's abduction, and have been asking himself the same type of question: "Why did it happen to my child? Why not somebody else's? Why mine?!" Perhaps it reached a boiling point and misery wanted company.

He was out searching at 2 a.m.? Must have night-vision.

He may have been looking for activity/lights in the abandoned barns & simply following his instincts. Many folks that suffer from ptsd, seem to have heightened instincts, analogous to a visually impaired person's other senses being enhanced.
It's a spiritual connection to the victim/s, imo.
Victims will speak to those who will listen, jmb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne