LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ACI, your three POIs reminds of the Zodiac case. Back in the 80s, I read the book that the reporter wrote and there were three POIs and they all looked guilty as hell. People still debate that to this day.

I hope you use your cleverest abilities to dig into all three of your POIs.

Right now, I am sort of feeling bad for this new POI who lost his daughter. I cannot imagine the pain he felt, the pain he feels, or how horrible a new, similar-ish case happening near you would be. I will give him a pass on driving around alone at night.
Of course, I am not sure of all of ACI's clues so I cannot speak to his guilt or not being guilty.

It took me awhile to figure out what A.C.I was asking regarding the psychology of a surviving parent/victim of a murdered child.

IMO it would be extremely rare for a parent of a murdered child to have to need to act out the same type of crime and as a result create new victims. I just don't see that happening other than in some one in a million case. I can understand someone sinking deeply into addiction or linking themselves in someway that they deem positive to crime solving but having the need to reenact the same crime in society? I've never heard of it especially if the victim targeted has no link to the original crime done against him and his person.

My opinions only, no facts here:

I have previously posted a few enhanced photos on this thread. Tonight, I am reviewing a lot of previous posts and realize that even though my images contain glaring disclaimers about my modifications, and even though the texts of my accompanying messages contain strong disclaimers, there still is some confusion about what is real (the original surveillance pics) and what is opinion or even fantasy (my enhancements).

I have been enhancing digital pics for ten years, for valid reasons involving scientific report-writing. Not uncommonly, with a scientific report, the original image has problems with lighting, color representation, sharpness, contrast, etc. Correcting such problems IS a valid procedure, if the enhancer is not particularly biased. By the way, my good friends, I do not use Photoshop AND the ONLY time I use a paintbrush or color tone alteration is when the original colors are corrupted by low-lighting or problematic lighting contrasts in overlapping high and low sunlight OR darkness with artificial light sources. On Websleuths, for the most part, I sharpen individual pixels, or fiddle with the contrast of individual pixels.

Would it work better if I put my disclaimers of "altered" or "fantasy image" as a diagonal text rather than a horizontal text? I am not pulling your chain here; I am looking for suggestions as how to not confuse any reader of this thread in the future.

With feedback, I might get motivated enough to post my very recent efforts at enhancement of the Circle-K pics.

I think it's great that you are able to enhance and post photo's. I have tried but I only enlarge and play with the contrast and aperture. Have no clue what I am doing. LE released the pics for a reason....maybe there is something there.

The fact that horses CAN and DO cause injuries to themselves is one thing and I wasn't aware of that. People fall down and break their arm or leg all the time too.

That said, I still want to know the reason that Mickey's horse had a sliced nostril. Even if odds are 90% clumsy horse / 10% caused by human hand, I'd like to know the answer to this particular injury. Although interesting, I didn't ask what usually causes injured noses to horses.

Does anybody else understand my point even if the odds are slim it amounts to anything? Sometimes details do provide important clues.
It's not wrong to ask about them imo.
-------------
I also took care of a horse when I was young, and never was there a sliced nostril.

I'd also like to know what the definitive cause was for this injury.

It's a sure bet that she loved that horse like her life.

So, as it's known that abusers sometimes will harm pets to threaten victims--you do have to wonder if it's a deliberate gesture to keep her under control--possibly letting her read about it having happened?

Could it be possible that this POI that claims he lost a daughter....didn't really lose a daughter??
Sometimes the very same people who commits the crime is the first one out searching for them?

snipped:
Originally Posted by A.C.I
... and then the high zoom telephoto lenses are what really make me suspicious.
I'm intrigued by this part of your comment, can you clarify? Is your POI using high zoom tp lenses OR are you saying that what you observed via high zoom tp lenses made you suspicious?

I think those pics are not going to show us what we need. Other than a WT that could be involved....we can't see the person driving or the plate. Iwas here many years ago when a young woman from orlando went missing....we had the image of the person that dropped her car off in an apt complex..but to this day no one has found the person driving the car and walking after the fact....and she is still missing. And that image was blown up discussed every way you could do it.

This may be totally reaching, but could it be that this POI that A.C.I. mentioned could be an "amateur-type" private investigator? Not one that's licensed or anything, but just really into this sort of thing since the death of his child? I'm a bad sleuther too, I always want to think people aren't inherently evil.

Thanks for your input. But remember it was 10 years ago. Not exactly recent. And also mental illness runs in the family.

Also, not the type of person you would see out at the time of night. Thats why I first noticed him. And then the description Patterson gave came out and it matched up.

I understand the wanting to help, and the searching. But driving circles in the middle of nowhere an hour out of town in the middle of the night isn't exactly searching. But then lying about that, being at the scene of where evidence was found the day before it was found, his mental state I observed while talking to him, and then the high zoom telephoto lenses are what really make me suspicious.

Just curious, A.C.I., can you release the geographical direction of travel, he was in where the abandoned barns, etc. are located?

-------------
I also took care of a horse when I was young, and never was there a sliced nostril.

I'd also like to know what the definitive cause was for this injury.

It's a sure bet that she loved that horse like her life.

So, as it's known that abusers sometimes will harm pets to threaten victims--you do have to wonder if it's a deliberate gesture to keep her under control--possibly letting her read about it having happened?

Well it's good to know all horses aren't clumsy - lol!

Apparently Mickey knew her horse had a sliced nostril already before she disappeared. No info was given as to why or how or when the horse got the injury. Ashely, her friend, used the horse's injury for an example as to why MS would not have disappeared prior to the weekend. Mickey already knew her horse had an injury because she told Ashley that he did. Did Mickey tell Ashely how the horse got hurt? We don't know because what they printed in the article was that Ashley said, the horse had a 'sliced nostril' and that Mickey would want to check on him over the weekend.

Using the word sliced versus injured or cut is what caught my attention.

When I run into a fence do I slice myself? I ran into a fence and I cut myself or I tore open my hand.

Could be a misunderstanding but her words caught my attention.

o/t ~ Did you mention eating lutefisk not long ago? That cracked me up as not too many people would think of eating lutefisk! That includes me and I'm of Norwegian descent - ha!

This may be totally reaching, but could it be that this POI that A.C.I. mentioned could be an "amateur-type" private investigator? Not one that's licensed or anything, but just really into this sort of thing since the death of his child? I'm a bad sleuther too, I always want to think people aren't inherently evil.
--------------
I don't think that's "reaching" at all. I thought I read that it took a long time to find his child. Maybe he's decided it just takes too long to find victims, and he's not willing to be hindered by all of the search party formalities?

No past criminal record. Mental illness in the family. Lost a child similar to Mickeys age. Went missing and wasnt found for months (Guilty party was caught)

I am not Licensed yet, but am in Grad school for counseling and have had plenty mental health experience, especially with Criminals. I think the people who do react in this way already may have had some type of psychosis, and the trauma of the incident brought it forward. I have seen it with people who were fine until becoming addicted and have their psycological problems brought forth.
Possible they have had things under wraps and the trauma was brought up because of the recent news.
One question if at all possible, the victim in the case you are talking about, have the initials T. U? I remember a case about 10 years ago and similar situations it seemed. If so, I can give you a litlle info if needed.

I think those pics are not going to show us what we need. Other than a WT that could be involved....we can't see the person driving or the plate. Iwas here many years ago when a young woman from orlando went missing....we had the image of the person that dropped her car off in an apt complex..but to this day no one has found the person driving the car and walking after the fact....and she is still missing. And that image was blown up discussed every way you could do it.

Jennifer Kesse - scroll down for pic of poi
http://jenniferkesse.com/

Well it's good to know all horses aren't clumsy - lol!

Apparently Mickey knew her horse had a sliced nostril already before she disappeared. No info was given as to why or how or when the horse got the injury. Ashely, her friend, used the horse's injury for an example as to why MS would not have disappeared prior to the weekend. Mickey already knew her horse had an injury because she told Ashley that he did. Did Mickey tell Ashely how the horse got hurt? We don't know because what they printed in the article was that Ashley said, the horse had a 'sliced nostril' and that Mickey would want to check on him over the weekend.

Using the word sliced versus injured or cut is what caught my attention.

When I run into a fence do I slice myself? I ran into a fence and I cut myself or I tore open my hand.

Could be a misunderstanding but her words caught my attention.

o/t ~ Did you mention eating lutefisk not long ago? That cracked me up as not too many people would think of eating lutefisk! That includes me and I'm of Norwegian descent - ha!
-----------
Sorry, I didn't realize the horse had a sliced nostril before Mickey disappeared. However, I still don't think this occurrence should be dismissed as just being accidental. Since, we are on the topic of "nostrils"--Mickey had a pierced nostril. And, if someone "sliced" the horse's nostril deliberately in some kind of "warning", then do you suppose they are saying her nose ring could be ripped out, causing a "slice." If this is a crime rooted in jealousy or retribution, that could explain the horse incident.

Wild speculation, I know.

Thank you ACI.

Let today be the day.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics