LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BunnyHop:

If you click on this link it's an old WS post I saved that has all of the pictures unaltered as released by LE.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7978017&postcount=479"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #7[/ame]

So here's some news. 2 of my POI's are clear. One was confirmed out of town at the time. And the other was busy around the time frame she went missing....busy kidnapping and raping someone else. That's one hell of an alibi.

But on a more frustrating note: Just on a whim I ran a broad search for all 2005-2012 White Chevy Silverado crew and king cabs in every edition (LS, LT, LXT etc) registered in Lafayette parish. You know how many there were? Granted that's only in Lafayette parish, and there are several hundred in Louisiana all together. But only THREE registered in lafayette. I spoke to all three drivers and NONE had been contacted by LPD. Not one. You would think that would've been the first thing they did. Regardless, all three were offshore or off working at the time and not in town.

On an even more frustrating note: Twice I called Abdella today and both times before I could get a word in he said "I don't have time today, Im busy" and then hung up. I then went to go see him, as I walked in he said "Sorry no time today", and locked himself in his office. I heard him on the phone with someone in there also saying he was super busy and didn't have time to talk to them. This isn't the first time Ive witnessed him do this since this investigation started. He just sits in his damn office. I found out from people he's been talking to, the first name and description of someone he's been asking about. But they couldn't remember the last name. So I called him to get the last name from him so I could dig into it since he locks himself in his office all day everyday, and his response was: "Sorry, can't help you" and hung up on me.

Im a little more than pissed off today and if I was the Shunick family Id be furious.

I agree, too bad they did not hire you. Really, the second one's alibi was he was assaulting someone? well, there's still the third right? or have they been ruled out as well?

Thank you!

LA

I have a question for locals and sorry if it has already been asked but the river where the bike was found, is it a fast current or slow? Is it possible (and I flinch just writing this) that they dumped a body with the bike but the current sent it further down/up stream than the bike?

I agree, too bad they did not hire you. Really, the second one's alibi was he was assaulting someone?

Thank you!

LA

Or at least had hired someone not old as dirt.

And yeah the guy was arrested for it. The time of the offense was around the time she went missing

Darn, I thought we were headed for an old fashion linch mob of some sort. :woohoo::rocker::woohoo::rocker:

The bike ride sounds awesome. I'm far too far away to make it but I will send my positive energy that way. Prayers for that beautiful woman.

ahhh come on man. ;) I am driving 7 hours.

LA

Or at least had hired someone not old as dirt.

And yeah the guy was arrested for it. The time of the offense was around the time she went missing

How about the older guy w/ mental issues ACI?

So here's some news. 2 of my POI's are clear. One was confirmed out of town at the time. And the other was busy around the time frame she went missing....busy kidnapping and raping someone else. That's one hell of an alibi.

But on a more frustrating note: Just on a whim I ran a broad search for all 2005-2012 White Chevy Silverado crew and king cabs in every edition (LS, LT, LXT etc) registered in Lafayette parish. You know how many there were? Granted that's only in Lafayette parish, and there are several hundred in Louisiana all together. But only THREE registered in lafayette. I spoke to all three drivers and NONE had been contacted by LPD. Not one. You would think that would've been the first thing they did. Regardless, all three were offshore or off working at the time and not in town.

On an even more frustrating note: Twice I called Abdella today and both times before I could get a word in he said "I don't have time today, Im busy" and then hung up. I then went to go see him, as I walked in he said "Sorry no time today", and locked himself in his office. I heard him on the phone with someone in there also saying he was super busy and didn't have time to talk to them. This isn't the first time Ive witnessed him do this since this investigation started. He just sits in his damn office. I found out from people he's been talking to, the first name and description of someone he's been asking about. But they couldn't remember the last name. So I called him to get the last name from him so I could dig into it since he locks himself in his office all day everyday, and his response was: "Sorry, can't help you" and hung up on me.

Im a little more than pissed off today and if I was the Shunick family Id be furious.

Maybe you should contact the Shunick family directly?

My only POI currently. And this mystery person Abdella is questioning people about as well

A.C.I. I can not believe they had not checked out the local trucks that fit the description!...not a good sign IMO

And, their PI...it was said that he has a good rep. But, does he? If he had schetches of POI's where are they?

ACI,
thank you for checking out those local damn White Trucks. But just because the owners were off shore, does that mean nobody else drove the trucks while they were gone? Roomates, grown sons?

but seriously, that can't be right about the registered trucks. 3?? how can that be?

Now see the SAME person and colors in this picture on the same side ... the driver side in the back !!!
1339508895.png

Could possibly be the reflection of the window tint on light tan interior and the headrest. I simpley enlarged the isolated portion of the pic & the "blue" ends in a straight line instead of curving with the body as it would if it were someones shirt.

have you ever contacted the Shunick's? maybe you should inform them about the registered trucks never being contacted, insinuating that yoi could do a better job for them.

where was the rapist at? is it possible he took mickey first then went to the next victim or visa versa? i'm sure you've played all of these cards already. i'm just so frustrated.

this abdalla guy, what is he doing in his office all day? sleeping? it's been almost a week since he said he had 2 pois, but we still haven't heard anymore on that. is he some sort of attention seeking PI just blowing smoke up all of our you know whats?? or is he really hard at work, but having trouble locating the pois??

:banghead:

Yeah Ive spoken with them. I dont want to insult their PI or cause any frustrations. I also dont want to try and solicit my services to them. They know Im working the case. If tgey want to hire me theyre free to do so.

About the guy arrested, I checked into all that already.

And as far as Abdella. He appears to just sit in his office all day getting the occasional tip and then calls some people and every once and a while goes question someone. Its very frustrating

The last few days, my bf has seen me on the computer and he asks if I am still looking for Mickey. I say yes. He says "you are not going to find her on the computer".

IMO Abdella will probably not find her in his office. A phone and computer are important tools but he needs to knock on doors, drive le nuts until they give him all the info they have...legwork.
That is just my frustrated opinion.

maybe he is sitting in his office all day reading this forum and getting ideas...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw