LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of us discussed that a while back. I looked at every kind truck accessory I could think of that would be side mounted like that - tool boxes, bait boxes, coolers, bike racks, ladder racks, etc., and could find nothing that fit. I came to the conclusion that it's more distortion from the lousy camera.

This is a real longshot but the only item I could come up with that would match. To me it looks like floor mats from a car that would be hung to dry over the truck bed. Again, grasping at anything here. But my floor mats would be similar in shape and have a similar box label that would match this pattern.

If you look at the same truck going the other way you can see whatever it is from the inside. Maybe they were moving something that needed to be covered.

I think we're looking at the wrong picture. I think I've been spending too much time MobyDicking this truck.

After further review of previous pictures, does this look like a bike to you?

It does to me. That same car has been cleared but it was also seen turning onto St. Landry.

actually when i give this more thought..if LE does have a video of mickey getting hit by this truck..why wouldn't they say she was hit and this person driving this truck took her and bike..and show the truck all over the states. I've seen in other cases where they have everyone all over the country looking for cars in criminal cases. Now i'm thinking they just saw this truck in the area same route as mickey and wants to question this person.. Maybe the only thing they have right now? Back to hopeing they find something with the bike

Holy crap. If this is indeed her, that gives us one more minute. The time stamp is 1:49!

This pic was prior to St. Landry unfortunately. I believe it was either this video or the one of Circle K that where the video clock was off.

This pic was prior to St. Landry unfortunately. I believe it was either this video or the one of Circle K that where the video clock was off.

The video clock at Louisiana Video on University that took the pics of the older car and the white truck with the bed cover was off by 12 minutes.

(snipped)

Correct me if I'm wrong (I usually am), but isn't this the truck with the bed cover that was found and ruled out?

This truck does not look like the same truck as the other one to me. This truck looks like a Ford F250 or F350. It possibly looks like a dually - I dont see the extra tires, but the shape of the body looks like one. The white area looks like a bed cover. My guess would be that the "object" noticed on the back is some sort of equipment or something similar. For instance, sometimes I see trucks that have a black slitted tailgate. I realize it might not look like that in the picture, but it IS pretty poor quality, and it could be anything.

This pic of that truck has always driven me nuts. That object on the end of the bed just looks like a person to me. I KNOW it is NOT but I still stare at it anyway. :banghead:

Hey...did anyone look at that post from the Jaren Lockhart matter. There IS a white truck parked in their driveway...could it be the same?!

No, it's not. If it's the one I'm thinking of, that's a silver Dodge.

Pm...if y'all are serious, I'll email profs I know & see what we can pull together. Unanimous???

I do not have a slugger, but a trip to Wal mart can resolve that. I can hog tie it to my handle bars and drive from Dallas.

LA

How about a new bike club called Lafayette Heat where everyone wears a firearm and knows how to use it? How awesome that would be.

How about dedicating cyclist's safety to the fact that Mickey was not. In every community in America. Not just in Lafayette. Build trails that are well lit and obviously trails, not just a tiny piece of the road.

LA

THIS has always been the TRUCK that I have QUESTIONED! This truck here fits the description of the one that was towed on 6/4 from a daiquiri shop near McNeese in Lake Charles. The person that took pics of the truck said it had right, front bumper / grille damage and some sort of sticker (like maybe a Harley sticker) in the back window. It is a Texas Edition (Like TP described she was picked up in and taken to Walgreens)...

The truck in front of Circle K? LE could have it and not tell anyone. They had that Antolin Garcia guys car for days and were still releasing pics stating that they were looking for it. They had it the entire time and no one knew. I guess they were processing it for evidence and hoping others would come forward stating that they saw it somewhere...presumably so they would know where her body was located.

Perhaps Lafayette Heat could have a few men ride with them, special men who have worked hard to find Mickey.

Then I will definitely need a firearm, and I will be wearing my knickers, not my skirt. ;)

LA

Going back to the blinking lights thing. This says "small ovular lights on the spokes" which makes it sound like more than one on each tire. Of course I don't know who gave them this info. But on this link is the pic that the search parties were shown initially and the same pic used on findmickeynow.com (black seat as opposed to the gold seat that some recent posters are talking about--we were told glittery gold handlebars, not seat. I know there is another picture floating around of a similar bike with a gold seat and different gold handlebars, but neither of these were actually MS's bike, just similar ones they used for examples of what to look for. To my knowledge, the only pics of MS's bike include her sitting on it, so we can't see the seat. But we were told the seat was black. If anyone has confirmed it's not, I stand corrected. Doesn't really matter since the bike was already found, though).

http://invadenola.com/2012/05/missing-person-mickey-shunick/

The seat was glittery gold. The pic of the bike that has the gold seat, gold grips and gold thing on the frame is the pic I am speaking of. The story that goes with it stated that it was identical to Mickey's with the exception of the gold pad on the frame. It did specifically state ht she had glittery gold seat and grips. Not sure that it makes any difference either way.

Pareidolia ( /pærdoli/ parr-i-doh-lee-) is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records played in reverse.
This should be on a loop and re-posted at random.

I have noticed this too but it is also on the other truck pic. As if the same person is sitting on the other side of the vehicle in the front passeneger seat when the truck is going in the opposite direction behind Mickey. I can almost make out a muscular arm with the elbow resting on the windowsill. Behind the tint of course.

If you look at both truck pics, it also looks like a guy with a blue button down type shirt taking a pic of the camera image. You can almost see what looks like a reflection on both truck pics. It is definitely one or the other.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are exactly correct! I stated it incorrectly. It's not the passenger it's someone sitting on the passenger side in the back. Looking out towards the window. I too, can see it in the other pic as well. It's very obvious in the other pic when it is following MS ... You can see the entire blue/teal shirt!

Anyone that can't see it ... Save it on your phone or pc and reopen it. It is far from a blob. I can see his nose, ears, arm, glasses, dark hair etc.

Maybe the truck hit her and she got up to talk to the person and he took her and the bike. Maybe that was on the video So she could still be alive

Yep, maybe that's why the family keeps begging for her safe return after her "accident". Perhaps they saw her get "bumped" get up and get in truck.

Maybe Mickey is alive and has no idea who she is. Head injuries can cause memory issues.

LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member