LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly her father was offshore when she went missing. All oil companies use Geologist. It's all about the rock formation.

He tells NG that he left to go offshore at 2:30am that same morning.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...m+shunick+transcript&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

GRACE: Everyone, we are taking your calls in the hopes that we may generate more tips and leads in the search for this 21-year-old co-ed.

With me right now is Mickey`s father, Mr. Shunick. Tom, thank you for being with us.

TOM SHUNICK, MISSING WOMAN`S FATHER: Sure.

GRACE: Tom, I know that police were finally called on Saturday evening. When did you first notice that she was not there?

SHUNICK: Well, actually, I had just backed out of my driveway at about 2:30 on Friday morning -- or Saturday morning. I was called offshore. I was driving to a home on Louisiana, and I had to catch a helicopter out to a rig a little bit later on that day. So I was not here. I was out there.

And I talked to my wife that night and I could tell she was upset, but she didn`t tell me anything. She was just hoping that, you know, she was going to show up. And then when I woke up the next morning, when I finally got on line out there, I had the e-mails that Mickey was missing, and they flew me back in.

So initially I was not here. My wife told me that she had tried to contact her, I think about 9:00 or so later that morning, and her phone went straight to voicemail. So she tried a couple more times.

Then they went to my son`s graduation, and Mickey didn`t show up, which she was (INAUDIBLE) she was certainly planning on being there. Her sister was in from Dallas and it was -- you know, it was a big family thing.

And then she tried to call her afterwards, and I think they started to file a missing, you know, persons report about 5:00 o`clock. Her sister is sitting here. She said about 5:00 o`clock.

GRACE: With me is Mickey`s father, Tom Shunick, who was out on an oil rig in the wee hours of the morning. He had no idea his girl was missing until he gets on line, sees his e-mails, and is immediately flown back home to Lafayette.

If I remember correctly her father was offshore when she went missing. All oil companies use Geologist. It's all about the rock formation.

I think we last saw Mickey at 1:48 a.m. and he got called away to work at 2:30 the same morning.

the grips are missing because the bike was under 1 or 2 trucks. Under the Z71, the left grip is contacting the ground while the right grip is melting on the oil pan.

Can those of us on the ground meet in Lafayette next week, if conceivable or allowable, for coffee somewhere, to discuss a more positive way to help this case. Is anyone planning a vigil, á la Critical Mass bike run following her path, women's groups on campus, etc, awareness something, business/street camera revamp for city council? Something concrete & positive instead of where this appears to be unfortunately headed?

I wish I could - I'm just too far away in Illinois. (You know - the state where the governors retire to federal prison :what:)

the grips are missing because the bike was under 1 or 2 trucks. Under the Z71, the left grip is contacting the ground while the right grip is melting on the oil pan.

The grips are not missing!

They were recovered at Whiskey Bay, along with the rest of the bike!

And LE has stated to a WS caller that the bike was NOT under the truck!

Waiting, I understand you are passionate about this but please start using the phrase "in my opinion". You can even use IMO for short.

I agree.. they were found, and removed because they alerted LE that it was MS bike.

just addressing your last statement here, but do you really believe that if indeed she was under that truck and LE had kept that hidden all this time that they would all of a sudden say oh yeah, well since you made this call to me specifically to ask that I have to suddenly reveal what i have kept hidden all this time?

If she is under the truck LE would not admit that to some random caller. I just don't think that should be held up as proof or evidence of anything. To me, it means nothing one way or the other.

Yikes! this gives me the chills. I am so wrapped up in this case that I imagine myself in Mickey's place, trying to view the situation through her eyes. It makes me immediately think of a very sudden hit, taking her by surprise, as she slams sideways, half pinned by the truck. I keep thinking that if her bike was hit from behind, she'd be thrown clear over the handlebars and there would be obvious signs left on the road. However, I can't get it out of my head that she was nudged from the side by this vehicle, and it stopped quickly. If there were two people in the truck it would make for a quick capture of Mickey AND her bike. :twocents:

Where's the MSM link for that wodalo?

I think it was corrected that her dad is actually a Geologist and does not work in the oil field. Someone correct me if this is wrong.

I read that he was a geologist. My previous research showed that he actually owns some type of consulting business in Lafayette.

But someone called LE and asked if the bike was under the truck and LE said no!

I believe that someone (ACI I think) called LE and asked if MS was under the truck and the answer was no. It is possible for the bike to be there without Mickey.

\Then they went to my son`s graduation, and Mickey didn`t show up, which she was (INAUDIBLE) she was certainly planning on being there. Her sister was in from Dallas and it was -- you know, it was a big family thing.

If it was a big family thing, why wasn't dad there?

Yikes! this gives me the chills. I am so wrapped up in this case that I imagine myself in Mickey's place, trying to view the situation through her eyes. It makes me immediately think of a very sudden hit, taking her by surprise, as she slams sideways, half pinned by the truck. I keep thinking that if her bike was hit from behind, she'd be thrown clear over the handlebars and there would be obvious signs left on the road. However, I can't get it out of my head that she was nudged from the side by this vehicle, and it stopped quickly. If there were two people in the truck it would make for a quick capture of Mickey AND her bike. :twocents:
-------
And, that, I believe, is also an alternative theory, and definitely plausible, IMO, since it would allow for the truck to block the view of possible witnesses, while allowing accessibility to her.

The fact, as far as we know it here, is that MS was not seen again after that pic of her in front of Circle K. Full stop.

There's no evidence or anything to indicate she is NOT under truck, right? There's even less to indicate she's NOT under the truck than there is to indicate she (or something) IS under the truck.

just addressing your last statement here, but do you really believe that if indeed she was under that truck and LE had kept that hidden all this time that they would all of a sudden say oh yeah, well since you made this call to me specifically to ask that I have to suddenly reveal what i have kept hidden all this time?

If she is under the truck LE would not admit that to some random caller. I just don't think that should be held up as proof or evidence of anything. To me, it means nothing one way or the other.

I do not believe that LE would know she or her bike was run over by the Circle K and hide that information. They would not hide it from her family! I do not believe any kind of cover up is going on. I truly believe that LE is not stupid enough to release a pic of such a thing to the public IF IF IF they were trying to hide it.

I do not believe that LE would know she or her bike was run over by the Circle K and hide that information. They would not hide it from her family! I do not believe any kind of cover up is going on. I truly believe that LE is not stupid enough to release a pic of such a thing to the public IF IF IF they were trying to hide it.

I know, kgeaux. I know this is what you believe. But that is a response based on emotion. To believe that shakes our trust etc etc etc. The truth is we just don't have any idea what's going on with LE. What if it comes out that they did know that's what happened and the family was told about it, and also told that whoever did this also took her. How would the public knowing help at all? They have asked for information on the white truck and left it to our speculations as to why.

---------
Since there is no continuous video published, IMO, LE could have only released their selected still photos of the DWT, in order to get the public to try and ID the truck, but keep the rest of the info. to themselves, that they think only the perp.(s) would know. For example, a possible sequence of events could be:

1. Still photo published to public of Mickey riding her bike.
2. A second later, the DWT hits her. (Still photo omitted of impact).
3. Mickey is thrown to the right of the DWT, the DWT obscuring the view of Circle K customers. (This still photo omitted).
4. Mickey is grabbed into the right-hand side of the truck. (This still photo omitted.)
5. Still photo published of DWT immediately after she has been placed into truck. Her bike and belongings are near/under the truck.
6. Truck takes an immediate right into parking lot. (omitted still).
7. Truck turns around. (unseen by camera or omitted).
8. Published still photo of truck going opposite direction. Mickey is in the truck.

I am sure that something along those lines is exactly what happened!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member