LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But someone called LE and asked if the bike was under the truck and LE said no!

Kgeaux, i am not picking on you...promise! My LE friend also called LE and they said that no scenario has been ruled out. I'm not saying that she is under the truck because it doesn't seem likely but even if she was...they aren't going to say...oh, sure she is...can't you see her in the pic? I cannot imagine they are going to comment either way. It would set off some crazy media storm so they are just going to keep hushed until they have it all worked out.

Hope no one thinks I am argumentative. I know it's difficult to see the context of someone's meaning when it's in writing. I respect everyone's opinion even if I don't or can't agree with it.

If it was a big family thing, why wasn't dad there?
IF he had attended do you think that somehow would have changed Mickey's fate :waitasec:. I don't understand the questioning or the importance of the father not being at the graduation. Makes absolutely no sense and I fail to understand what bearing it has on Mickey being abducted.

Where has it been stated that the grips were removed? Is there a link (not counting NG?)

Sorry...I am going to beat the so called dead horse again. So anyone that does not agree with me...please feel free to ignore my opinion. It doesn't matter who states that the white truck turning left on St. John St (?) is the same truck as the one with the bed cover...I will never ever believe it. Doesn't matter if it is LE or an official website, I won't believe it. I can see that it's a different truck and has many different features. I am guessing either it's a communication error or now that the pic was released they want less focus on it. I could be wrong of course but I will believe until proven otherwise.
I agree. I think it is turning left from St Landry to University. It has no bed cover there; how can it have a bed cover inches away on university - unless it went somewhere and put the bed cover on for some unexplained reason (and that would make it more suspicous) and then in a very short amount of time, hopped back onto university to be caught by the same camera? I don't think so...

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Wild speculation puts people in a tailspin. It is super important that we remember to state that our opinions are opinions.

StrayKat, this is waiting's opinion.

Kgeaux, i am not picking on you...promise! My LE friend also called LE and they said that no scenario has been ruled out. I'm not saying that she is under the truck because it doesn't seem likely but even if she was...they aren't going to say...oh, sure she is...can't you see her in the pic? I cannot imagine they are going to comment either way. It would set off some crazy media storm so they are just going to keep hushed until they have it all worked out.

Hope no one thinks I am argumentative. I know it's difficult to see the context of someone's meaning when it's in writing. I respect everyone's opinion even if I don't or can't agree with it.

I'm fairly new here and this is not directed at anyone in-particular but Island has a point. We all are not going to agree but at the same time in the last few days there has been a lot of snarky comments being made and I think it is really important that we try and respect each other. If someone posts something you do not like move on or if you do comment there are ways to do that without putting people down or telling them how off their opinions are. We are all here for Mickey and at this point I don't think we have enough of anything to totally dismiss any ideas one might have.

In all the discussion, I have not seen any reports on whether the fishing and hunting camps in the Whiskey Bay basin area...have been searched...and really, I'm more thinking about the hunting camps as they aren't' in use this time of year...some of these are only reachable by boat...I don't know who would have done this searching but it just seems so necessary on the outside chance she is being held somewhere...with little ability to escape.....My former husband and I used to fish the area often...ok, he fished and I read a book....while there's lots of activity far more than can be envisoned from just driving over the interstate....still it seems like a systematic approach would be needed......

Where has it been stated that the grips were removed? Is there a link (not counting NG?)

It hasn't. I'm on my phone but the way LE talked about and answered questions about the bike at the presser was really odd. If I wasn't on my phone I'd link.

Correct, as far as I've read, LE has never confirmed this. I believe it was a reporter, Nancy Grace(?), who was badgering LE about whether or not the hand grips were on Mickey's bike.

It was part of the Q&A in the original press release someone posted today. LE beat around the question for a while then said they were found with or in the general vicinity of the bike. So not on the bike but they were recovered in the area.

If it was a big family thing, why wasn't dad there?

He was called out for work.

I agree and no I don't think you're being argumentative. You're stating your opinion.
Unless and until Mickey is found and/or we know all of the facts nothing is certain.
They told ACI that Mickey was not under the truck, they never said it didn't hit her.
They never said Mickey was not bumped and her bike fell but did not fully go under the truck.
From the interview, you can tell LE is being very cagey with their responses.

the grips are missing because the bike was under 1 or 2 trucks. Under the Z71, the left grip is contacting the ground while the right grip is melting on the oil pan.

Link please? :silly:

I keep asking myself what is the most simple way to explain how Mickey vanished. I can not think of any. Every scenario I have read or thought of is complicated.
-Being hit in front of Circle K---That assumes LE released a photo of the accident, that none of the people at Circle K heard or noticed anything, it was a bloodless accident and more.
-The theory of a drunk driver might be the most logical and simple. The problems I see with that are that nothing was found, no bike parts or blood. And, dumping the bike at WS does not seem to fit with that.
-My first theory (that I hope is wrong) is that someone fixated on her and planned this well, knew where the cameras were in advance and dropped the bike as a taunt.
-My second theory is that a perp(s) drove by her and decided to take her spur of the moment and got lucky that there were no cameras around and got lucky that they did not leave any evidence behind when they got her.

What reason could here be for not releasing images of her on St. John? Would those have taken place after the image in front of the Circle K? Thanks

It would have been before Circle K. I don't know why they would not be released other than LE needs to keep the info private.

It hasn't. I'm on my phone but the way LE talked about and answered questions about the bike at the presser was really odd. If I wasn't on my phone I'd link.

I thought that asking about the grips was odd to begin with, then was even more confused by the vague answers from LE. I have also noticed that the condition of the bike has been described as anything from some damage to the back tire to mangled at different times. I am thinking that the questions about the grips were to probe about possible damage from being hit/run over by a vehicle of some sort.

Being at your kid's high school graduation is not the most important thing in the world. My DH has a job that keeps him away from home at times. He makes it up to the kids in very important ways if he misses a big day like that. He missed our son's middle school graduation, but made it up by taking him on a weekend trip to San Diego. That was way more 'important' to our son then a ceremony.

Here we have the camera from the 200 block of St. Landry:

Mickey-Shunick-Other-Car-Of-Interest-630x494.jpg

It's from the first business after the LCG's building on St. Landry. There is only one street between this camera and the LCG camera which is Brashear.

We see the old car and what appears to be a DWT eastbound (which we can assume is the DWT in the turn lane shown in the LCG photo). There has never been another photo released.

Do we know for certain if Mickey was not seen by this camera? Do we know for certain if the westbound DWT was ever seen in this photo. If neither was seen, then we can assume both turned on Brashear. Release of the video or photos would tell us this and would give us additional shots of the eastbound DWT.
So let us say hypothetically we draw the conclusion she and the white truck went down Brashear. What cameras are on Brashear that should have caught MS and the DWTIQ? Have they all been reviewed? or are we missing a camera or two somewhere?

Lol, I almost never think anyone is picking on me! I tend to believe we are all agreeing or disagreeing with the content of a post, not with the poster!

I don't find you argumentative at all!

In all the discussion, I have not seen any reports on whether the fishing and hunting camps in the Whiskey Bay basin area...have been searched...and really, I'm more thinking about the hunting camps as they aren't' in use this time of year...some of these are only reachable by boat...I don't know who would have done this searching but it just seems so necessary on the outside chance she is being held somewhere...with little ability to escape.....My former husband and I used to fish the area often...ok, he fished and I read a book....while there's lots of activity far more than can be envisoned from just driving over the
interstate....still it seems like a systematic approach would be needed......

You have brought up a very good question.

I don't think there was any organized searches of camps....LE would need probable cause and a warrant to do that, wouldn't they?

I know a couple of people with camps out near Whiskey Bay, and I've asked them to be sure and check their properties when they get over that way. Fishermen go out almost year round, so hopefully they will get there soon.

And I asked my hubby when the next hunting season opens, because so many times hunters make the final discovery in missing person cases.

I thought that asking about the grips was odd to begin with, then was even more confused by the vague answers from LE. I have also noticed that the condition of the bike has been described as anything from some damage to the back tire to mangled at different times. I am thinking that the questions about the grips were to probe about possible damage from being hit/run over by a vehicle of some sort.

The reason the grips came up is because the police spokesman brought it up first...at the press conference after the bike was found.

At that press conference the police spokesman said that the bike and the handgrips had been found. A reporter noticed how the spokesperson worded it and asked him whether the grips and bike were separated when they were found. There is a transcript of that press conference in one of these threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Who_knows_18