LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He mailed it himself. No return address. Shipping label listed his city. My cell provider does not know my address. Due to the type of work I do my cell is registered to a company to protect my privacy.

Yours is a scary tale, but do you think there's any chance it might not be as ominous as it sounds? Could he have picked up your phone by accident, realized it later, took a little time to find out (somehow, I'm not sure how!) your info to mail it back to you -- phone could have been damaged in the mail? Just trying to think of other possible explanations -- not trying to minimize the creepiness.

Maybe it is just me, but I do not believe any of those cases are connected...most of those girls were alone for a very short, unplanned amount of time, and it would be too much of a jump for me to believe that the same perp happened to be there as well. Other factors as well, in some of the cases. JMO
I disagree. I, too, believe they may be related. Here is why: I think MS PERP cannot be local; Acadians would have found him by now. Very rural acadians would have brought justice by now.

MS PERP must have been in town, living out of PERP vehicle (maybe using technology - iphone, etc) to plan his place; he knew where cameras where etc. I think (90%) planned. IMHO.

If these other girls just vanished and the PERP is gone; he is probably not local to their area either.

This PERP could be driving all around america, staying in places for a few months at a time, planning out of a car, maybe has a network.

I, for one, am starting to feel like the internet is connecting bad elements together. PERP may have a go ahead that stalks the spot..and then gives the Ok.

too scary to contemplate...

Still trying to catch up but just had a thought about the released pics...

I don't know how accurate the timestamps are on the pics. They are from different locations and clocks are not synched. I'd bet that none of the clocks I have access to match (phone, car, pc, tv, etc). I think it's very hard to say how many seconds or minutes actually passed between ms, dwtiq, hooptie, wt, ms at circle k. JMO

In Atlanta & many other cities, there is a rouse where thugs will bump your car and when you get out to swap insurance info or wait for LE, they rob you or worse. This rouse has been around for decades.

A bicycle tire/wheel can cost $100/$150. If Mickey Schunick's bike was bumped and she wasn't knocked off her bike or injured, she may have pulled off the road into a parking lot to swap info with the driver of the other vehicle.

This is possibly the scenario before her abduction on 05/19/2012. The abductor/s may have been armed or simply gained compliance through other means; tazer etc.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/carbump.asp
Houston police looking for robbers that use their vehicles to Bump the cars of their victims.

If true, Mickey and the bike would not have been in the frame. They would have been flying in the air, tens of feet to the right.

The laws of physics don't change.

It is possible that the video captured her at 1:47.55 when the still was taken. Then at 1:48.02 the truck came through and was caught on camera applying the brakes. She could have been just out of sight of the still. It would be too revealing if the truck and bike were in the same pic. Where would the mystery be then?

Personal example... My niece was riding a bike and when we told her a car was coming she turned her head to look over her left shoulder. (riding along the right hand side of the road). Her front wheel turned slightly toward the street and the person who was not paying attention hit her. The only damage to the bike that I remember was to the wheel. There was no blood, however, tests at the hospital showed that she had a fractured skull. (25+ years later no lasting damage).

Wow. Glad to hear that she is doing well! This seems to be a common scenario in bicycle accidents.

Has anyone thought that maybe, just maybe, the DWT was breaking because there was a BIKER in front of him and he was passing? That maybe, just maybe, the DWT is not involved at all? And really, How does analyzing these pictures until the end of time, help us find Mickey?

yea, i agree. every time i start to look at the pictures, i figure what's the point? but it is hard to not analyze them, since it's all we have to go on.

i would like to know her route, however. what is ACI's opinion on her route? brashear?

Just a quick note: I have many surveillance camera's at my home. Every time a bug or moth flies in front of the camera it looks like 'lights'. The 'lights' change in size depending on how far the bug/moth is from the camera.

Has anyone thought that maybe, just maybe, the DWT was breaking because there was a BIKER in front of him and he was passing? That maybe, just maybe, the DWT is not involved at all? And really, How does analyzing these pictures until the end of time, help us find Mickey?

That's a darn good thought.,. and no one has said it before.

:cheers:

If true, Mickey and the bike would not have been in the frame. They would have been flying in the air, tens of feet to the right.

The laws of physics don't change.

About 30 years ago, I was driving my little brothers to school on a major 2 lane highway in our area. I was going about 45-50-the speed limit. In the blink of an eye, a little boy darted onto the highway, I slammed on my brakes and veered away from him. The passenger side light clipped him. He did not go very far-4 ft. at most and he didn't fly up in the air, he went forward. I had slowed down enough I guess in the extremely short period of time and the angle I hit him must have lessened the impact. The only blood was a scrape on his forehead hardly any at all. These are images burned into my memory. I understand physics is an absolute science but circumstances are not.
Also, we have not seen the film, just a clip.

Again, I am not saying I think this is what happened but wanted to clear up that being hit by a car does not necessarily mean someone flies up in the air or that they fly very far.

Island hopper, does it not baffle you as to how he got possession of your phone and why he kept it?
How can you be sure that his name, city, and product he sold are ligitimate?

I guess I am not 100% positive but his first name is not exceptionally common, the product he sells is only manufactured by one company in that city. I did verify that a salesman for that company does travel and does have the same first name.

Yes, I wonder all the time why he took the phone, how he did it without anyone seeing it and why he sent it back after two weeks. I called it numerous times afterwards. It could not have been taken accidentally.

Can you provide a link for this? I've been searching but I can't find anything that says luminol is only effective once. In fact, the first thing that comes up in a google search is this thread :lol:

I trust that you're right but I just can't find anything that says that. Thanks :)

I know this based upon experience and not a link. I will do my best to find a source that does state it. Case studies I would assume.

SETTLE DOWN IN HERE.

If a post offends WS TOS then use the alert button (red triangle at top of each post). Any on-duty mod will see this and respond appropriately.

Please get back to sleuthing what happened to Mickey.

I know this based upon experience and not a link. I will do my best to find a source that does state it. Case studies I would assume.
I can see things about the glow lasting 30 seconds but not that you can only use it once. It's interesting nonetheless. :)

and since you can see the bubble-cam externally, I think Mickey could have known this camera was there. I think this camera might be the only reason she stopped. Bikers don't come to a full and complete stop unless they have to. Maybe Mickey wanted to be seen at that moment. If there was hostility in the air she may have heard it. If the Silverado took a left turn to be in the direction Mickey was last seen, it would have been at a powerful but not high rate of speed. enough to nudge a wee thing off a bike and run over part of it. If you add pixels to the area below the road work sign, there is something that looks human sitting there.

I guess I am not 100% positive but his first name is not exceptionally common, the product he sells is only manufactured by one company in that city. I did verify that a salesman for that company does travel and does have the same first name.

Yes, I wonder all the time why he took the phone, how he did it without anyone seeing it and why he sent it back after two weeks. I called it numerous times afterwards. It could not have been taken accidentally.

Then I would suggest that you file a police report. Maybe just an honest mistake.
Out of curiousity, did your friend have a cell phone too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3