LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have CS3-- you can pick it up pretty inexpensively used on eBay these days. It's got a learning curve but as long as you go at it "one bite at a time" you'll be fine. But there are other programs that are just as good if you aren't looking to do major retouching, and cheaper.

I'll take a closer gander at the images in the AM but I suspect there isn't anything more to be brought out. There were some images that other sleuther adjusted early on that were quite good, but they're still so small/low resolution.

I used to have CS2. I'd suggest trying that or even 3, would be cheaper than 6. I actually like PSP and use that now.

PSP is easier to work with than Photoshop, at least for me. Amazon sent me an offer to buy the student edition of CS5 for a great price though. I might just try the 30 day free trial to see if it's worth buying.

I have CS3-- you can pick it up pretty inexpensively used on eBay these days. It's got a learning curve but as long as you go at it "one bite at a time" you'll be fine. But there are other programs that are just as good if you aren't looking to do major retouching, and cheaper.

I'll take a closer gander at the images in the AM but I suspect there isn't anything more to be brought out. There were some images that other sleuther adjusted early on that were quite good, but they're still so small/low resolution.

Thanks for the CS3 heads up.
The resolution is horrible.
Then LE enhanced the pictures. ;/ Those cameras don't seem to be good for much unless they're trying to capture close images. Thanks for checking the picture.

1). Brittany Wood. …Wednesday May 30th, Tillmans Corner AL
2). Mickey Shunick…..Saturday @ 2:00 am May 19th, 2012 Lafayette LA
3). Heather Hodges…Monday @ 10:30 pm April 9th, 2012 Rocky Mount VA
4). Kelli Bordeaux …..Saturday @ 1:30 am April 14th, 2012 Fayetteville N.C.
5). Katelyn Markham..Saturday @ 11:00 pm August 13th 2011 Fairfield OH
6). Lauren Spierer .….Friday @ 4:30 am June 3rd 2011 Bloomington IN
7). Holly Bobo ………..Wednesday @ 7:40 am April 13th 2011 Darden TN
8). Paige Johnson ….Thursday @ 1:00 am September 23rd 2010 Florence KY
9). Brittanee Drexel…Saturday @ 9:15 pm April 25th 2009, Myrtle Beach, SC

All of the young petite blonde females seen above are in the same age group and all are about the same size, private investigators call these facts clues, see list below;
1). Brittany Wood, blondish hair, 5′ 3″ tall and 105 lbs, 19 years old
2). Mickey Shunick, blonde hair, 5′ 1″ tall and 110 lbs, 22 years old
3). Heather Hodges, blonde hair, 5′ 1′ tall and 99 lbs, 22 years old
4). Kelli Bordeaux, blonde hair, 5′ 0″ tall and 99 lbs, 23 years old.
5). Kate Markham, blondish hair, 5′ 3″ tall and 119 lbs, 22 years old
6). Lauren Spierer, blonde hair, 4′ 11″ tall and 95 lbs, 21 years old.
7). Holly Bobo, blonde hair, 5′ 3″ tall and 110 lbs, 21 years old
8). Paige Johnson, blonde hair, 5′ 1″ tall and 110 lbs, 17 years old.
9). Brittanee Drexel, blonde hair, 5′ 0″ tall and 103 lbs, 17 years old.
:candle:

Are all of them still missing? I was skeptical about drawing a connection between them but lined up as above it's an interesting theory.

It's ashamed but this already has the feel of a case going cold! It looks like less and less public and LE interest in this case. Praying and hoping for any new leads soon!!!

1). Brittany Wood. …Wednesday May 30th, Tillmans Corner AL
2). Mickey Shunick…..Saturday @ 2:00 am May 19th, 2012 Lafayette LA
3). Heather Hodges…Monday @ 10:30 pm April 9th, 2012 Rocky Mount VA
4). Kelli Bordeaux …..Saturday @ 1:30 am April 14th, 2012 Fayetteville N.C.
5). Katelyn Markham..Saturday @ 11:00 pm August 13th 2011 Fairfield OH
6). Lauren Spierer .….Friday @ 4:30 am June 3rd 2011 Bloomington IN
7). Holly Bobo ………..Wednesday @ 7:40 am April 13th 2011 Darden TN
8). Paige Johnson ….Thursday @ 1:00 am September 23rd 2010 Florence KY
9). Brittanee Drexel…Saturday @ 9:15 pm April 25th 2009, Myrtle Beach, SC

All of the young petite blonde females seen above are in the same age group and all are about the same size, private investigators call these facts clues, see list below;
1). Brittany Wood, blondish hair, 5′ 3″ tall and 105 lbs, 19 years old
2). Mickey Shunick, blonde hair, 5′ 1″ tall and 110 lbs, 22 years old
3). Heather Hodges, blonde hair, 5′ 1′ tall and 99 lbs, 22 years old
4). Kelli Bordeaux, blonde hair, 5′ 0″ tall and 99 lbs, 23 years old.
5). Kate Markham, blondish hair, 5′ 3″ tall and 119 lbs, 22 years old
6). Lauren Spierer, blonde hair, 4′ 11″ tall and 95 lbs, 21 years old.
7). Holly Bobo, blonde hair, 5′ 3″ tall and 110 lbs, 21 years old
8). Paige Johnson, blonde hair, 5′ 1″ tall and 110 lbs, 17 years old.
9). Brittanee Drexel, blonde hair, 5′ 0″ tall and 103 lbs, 17 years old.
:candle:

Kelli was last known to be with an RSO...Paige with a man with a criminal record who refuses to talk about her and is in jail for other charges...Katelyn seemingly vanished from inside her apartment, as far as anyone knows...Lauren spent the evening with at least 4 different males, all of whom lawyered up almost at once...Holly taken from her yard after talking to the man for 10-15 minutes per her brother...Heather had several domestic issues with her boyfriend prior to her disappearance, of which he is the only witness...

All different scenarios, in my opinion...Brittanee Drexel is the only one here that seems totally random, wrong place, wrong time, to me...

JMO

Sorry, still catching up on all the post I missed today. But, yes they are still missing.

I made a post about this several days ago, then deleted it, when it was said LE ruled out the car:

Look again at the picture of the DWT following Mickey in front of the Circle K. (photos on page 11, this thread.)

It appears that there is a car turning to be directly behind the DWT. Because there is a tree or shrub in the way, it's obscured. You can, however, see headlights gleaming through the foliage and make out that the image is a car.

Is that the car that was supposedly ruled out?

Island hopper, does it not baffle you as to how he got possession of your phone and why he kept it?
How can you be sure that his name, city, and product he sold are ligitimate?

Kelli was last known to be with an RSO...Paige with a man with a criminal record who refuses to talk about her and is in jail for other charges...Katelyn seemingly vanished from inside her apartment, as far as anyone knows...Lauren spent the evening with at least 4 different males, all of whom lawyered up almost at once...Holly taken from her yard after talking to the man for 10-15 minutes per her brother...Heather had several domestic issues with her boyfriend prior to her disappearance, of which he is the only witness...

All different scenarios, in my opinion...Brittanee Drexel is the only one here that seems totally random, wrong place, wrong time, to me...

JMO

I feel the same way about B.Drexel. I watched her story on the ID channel a while back, from the story I think she was in the wrong place @ the wrong time. :candle:

I think Cluciano helped me nail down why the serial killer talk isn't my favorite type of discussion to have. I am not saying we shouldn't talk about it or that it 100% isn't true, but the way it is done seems so reductive to me. By that I mean that beyond superficial physical similarities very few of these cases are similar at all. They have way, way more differences than similarities. There is just no way Holly was taken by a random non-local only in town for a day or two and if someone knew all the details of her case there is no way they would make that claim. Lauren was so drunk/wasted that she was barely conscious and last seen being carried by a POI (like, literally she couldn't walk) and conveniently all of them had lawyers immediately and won't cooperate. There are other contexts for the other ladies and all of them had starkly different disappearances ranging throughout all times of the day, different locations, different sobriety levels, big city VS BFE, POIs with motivations to disappear them who were conveniently the last people to see them, etc. I guess listing them all together and oohing and awing over the fact that they sort of kind of have some similar physical features just seems to take away from how unique every case is and most of these women have extremely likely, reasonable POIs other than random serial killer.
However, I realize that I don't think anyone is meaning to do this and that everyone does mean well and that obviously I am in no position to judge what is beneficial talk or not and (sorry lots of qualifiers!) I cannot even say for certain that none of them are connected. It is a personal issue with me that I perhaps need to come to terms with, ha ha. I will encourage (invite?) everyone interested in the serial killer talk to read about each individual case. We can always use more eyes in the Holly, Lauren, and Katelyn threads :D I myself will try to take a look at the names that are less familiar to me.

A brief scan of most of the names makes me think Brittanee and Mickey are the only two truly random disappearances. They are the only two that I absolutely cannot find any other context-they are just GONE for no reason :(

My opinions only, no facts here:

OK, I will continue here with my evaluation of the 2 Circle-K white truck pics. Before getting into this, I wish to remark about possibilities that the widely-circulated white truck pics have been altered or enhanced, before their release to the public. Unfortunately, there is no quantitative method to prove whether the pics are original or not. I can only work with what is given to me. I have been troubled by how large, sharply-defined, and dark the rear-view mirror is in the 2 white truck Circle-K images. But, maybe there is something different about this mirror- it could be custom and not stock, or there could be something added to it (other than a pair of fuzzy dice!).

Anyway, I examined pictures of a 2011 Z71 Chevy from the same angle as the 2nd white truck Circle-K pic. I present here a possibility that the 2nd truck has the Z71 logo. A logo from a real Z71 Chevy has been scaled to the same size as the 2nd truck image. The possible fuzzy "Z" is in the proper place on the 2nd white truck Circle-K image.

Attachments

• TruckLogo.jpg
    TruckLogo.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 89

In the second white truck Circle-K image, I accounted for everything in the cab in the driver's-side window that could be attributable to the dashboard, steering wheel, frame, and seat back. What is left is a bit of the head(?) and those persistent light-colored pixels that might relate to white clothing. Maybe a white T-shirt or tank top.

Attachments

• twotrucks_WHITESHIRT.jpg
    twotrucks_WHITESHIRT.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 69

Now we enter the realm of greater imagination or fantasy. I present for your amusement the precise pixel-areas that I have been studying on the driver's side in the 1st white truck Circle-K photo. This reminds me of a forensic anthropologist who has a skull in their hand and is asked to reconstruct the face that once accompanied that cold white collection of bone. That is a VERY subjective procedure, but some have a particular knack for it. Put another way- "the pixels are always right- IF you can read them".

Attachments

• driver_closeup.jpg
    driver_closeup.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 109
I know this based upon experience and not a link. I will do my best to find a source that does state it. Case studies I would assume.

Hiya, Island Hopper. I appreciate your contributions to this thread.

I'd like to point out that, IMO, and my experience, luminol does not destroy the sample for further testing WITH luminol - meaning, it can be re-done. However, there are possible detrimental side effects of luminol on further testing for blood and DNA typing. This is just what I've read/seen at work, in actual case files - NOT in any type of lab work (I suck at science). So, just thought I would offer this information up, for those that are curious...thanks.

Here are the LCG photos:

533401_10150946280286969_61662826968_9696871_1682134408_n-630x442.jpg

7226549d0d08a9dbe20b7fd84e97a9e0.jpg

Mickey-Shunick-White-Truck-Blurry2.jpg

If we had the video or more shots we could more clearly see if the DWT turn lane truck is the same as the DWT following MS or if its the same as the one on Univ. We could also see if it passed before MS or after MS.

We would also see the old car and whether there were 2 or 3 cars at circle k. If 3 then we'd know the DWT in the turn lane is the same as the DWT heading east in the 200 block of St. Landry photo b/c the turn lane DWT has 3 cars at Circle K.

Again, I can understand LE's reasons for playing it close to the vest but this case is about to go cold. And I could give you a few stories about experiences I have had with the LPD and believe me, it would not give you confidence in them. But we've been warned not to bash LE.

I just wish that the press or the family or Abdella could persuade LE to be more forthcoming or at least to give a press conference. Anything.

Anyone know why 2 of these photos are zoomed in and the one of MS on the bike is not. I just noticed the bush in the forefront of the MS pick but it is not there in the other 2 pictures, why would that be?

Now we enter the realm of greater imagination or fantasy. I present for your amusement the precise pixel-areas that I have been studying on the driver's side in the 1st white truck Circle-K photo. This reminds me of a forensic anthropologist who has a skull in their hand and is asked to reconstruct the face that once accompanied that cold white collection of bone. That is a VERY subjective procedure, but some have a particular knack for it. Put another way- "the pixels are always right- IF you can read them".

Looks as if the driver is leaning forward with his arms crossed over the steering wheel while he's looking at the circle k....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

What about the pedals? Was the bike sliding along the asphalt on it's hand grip? :waitasec:

Pedals are always the least pristine part of the bike. They usually get very scuffed and banged up, especially if they are clip-less type.

LA

Island hopper, does it not baffle you as to how he got possession of your phone and why he kept it?
How can you be sure that his name, city, and product he sold are ligitimate?

True dat. His product he was selling was himself.

LA

The person/persons that took her could have had a gun, which might have made her go with him/her. That could have been why there was nothing left behind.

Another thing I have been thinking about is, if she was hit and fell off her bike, she could have hit her head very hard on the road or the truck, causing temporary memory loss. This also whould have made her vulnerable and maybe she would have gone with him/them.

Head injury: A severe hit to the head -- from a fall or automobile accident, for example -- can injure the brain and cause both short- and long-term memory loss.
http://www.webmd.com/brain/memory-loss
MOO

Granny,

Yes, MS could have amnesia, and the perp may have taken advantage of it. She may now have a new name, hair color, and totally new city. I am well versed in memory loss and I.Q. loss due to head injury. I am more than willing to answer any questions privately. I am not asking for a PM, but just putting it out there. Let's just say I can go in to way better detail than the webmd links above.

LA

I don't think so.

The face doesn't even look like its in the right spot. If that is a face, then that person must be leaning forward, over the steering wheel. Who drives like that? A person would appear further back from this angle, and would be fading to shadows inside that truck - there wouldn't be a blatant white shoulder visible. A hand, possible (but I don't see it in this picture), but definitely not an entire arm.

Any "white shirt" or anything else is likely just a reflection on the windshield. It is dark out, after all, and lights are shining everywhere.

The pixels might be there, but I don't think they are being read correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3