LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinions only, no facts here:

OK, I will continue here with my evaluation of the 2 Circle-K white truck pics. Before getting into this, I wish to remark about possibilities that the widely-circulated white truck pics have been altered or enhanced, before their release to the public. Unfortunately, there is no quantitative method to prove whether the pics are original or not. I can only work with what is given to me. I have been troubled by how large, sharply-defined, and dark the rear-view mirror is in the 2 white truck Circle-K images. But, maybe there is something different about this mirror- it could be custom and not stock, or there could be something added to it (other than a pair of fuzzy dice!).

Anyway, I examined pictures of a 2011 Z71 Chevy from the same angle as the 2nd white truck Circle-K pic. I present here a possibility that the 2nd truck has the Z71 logo. A logo from a real Z71 Chevy has been scaled to the same size as the 2nd truck image. The possible fuzzy "Z" is in the proper place on the 2nd white truck Circle-K image.

LE said they enhanced the pictures before releasing them to the public.

Anyone know why 2 of these photos are zoomed in and the one of MS on the bike is not. I just noticed the bush in the forefront of the MS pick but it is not there in the other 2 pictures, why would that be?

More than likely, LE was enlarging the pictures for the public to make the trucks easier to see. Her family said that it is Mickey in the picture so enlarging that was not necessary. The reason the bush is not in the other pictures is because whoever was working with the pictures cropped it out.

It's gotten to the point I don't even wat to chime in for fear of scowls and ugliness. Love to all of my sweet WS :)

I was hoping you'd have more to share. Has your IT friend seen the videos? Anything noteworthy you can share?

Hopefully vigilant. I've told my daughter that if she gets pulled over at night in an area where she cant get to an open gas station or establishment, to call 911 as soon as she stops the car. and let them know she is alone, where she is and that she has been stopped by an officer. Just tell them she was nervous and wanted to make sure someone knew in case it wasn't a real officer (even in a marked car). But if she can get to a public place, within a mile,drive there. But put her flashers on so the officer knows that she saw his lights/siren.

I have always been told and have relayed to others that should you see lights go on to pull you over, and it's dark etc you pick up the phone call 911 and advise them of your location, car/plate #, tell them you have an officer behind you and you are going to drive to the nearest light up public place and ask them to advise the officer of this.

They can then advise you if in fact there is an officer in that area, they can radio the info to them and you will find out if the car is a legimate officer.

Just for info...

In Atlanta & many other cities, there is a rouse where thugs will bump your car and when you get out to swap insurance info or wait for LE, they rob you or worse. This rouse has been around for decades.

A bicycle tire/wheel can cost $100/$150. If Mickey Schunick's bike was bumped and she wasn't knocked off her bike or injured, she may have pulled off the road into a parking lot to swap info with the driver of the other vehicle.

This is possibly the scenario before her abduction on 05/19/2012. The abductor/s may have been armed or simply gained compliance through other means; tazer etc.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/carbump.asp
Houston police looking for robbers that use their vehicles to Bump the cars of their victims.
----------
Bolded the above. Motives robbery and sexual assault?

Taser, of course, why didn't I remember that is the modern method of incapacitating someone. This scenario would require two people. I still think that the DWT could have been in her lane ahead of her, grabbed her by the backpack through the open window, tasered her, tried to figure out how to get her and everything into the truck without being seen. They then backed up away from the cross street thinking they were hiding her and her items on the right-hand side, toward the parking lot, away from any security camera or patrons at the Circle K.

Only, they didn't know that there was a security camera on that side, recording them.

I have always been told and have relayed to others that should you see lights go on to pull you over, and it's dark etc you pick up the phone call 911 and advise them of your location, car/plate #, tell them you have an officer behind you and you are going to drive to the nearest light up public place and ask them to advise the officer of this.

They can then advise you if in fact there is an officer in that area, they can radio the info to them and you will find out if the car is a legimate officer.

Just for info...
Incredible post!!!thanks for info...!!!

:please:
Invite... I'll be a Carpe Diem Sunday pm if anyone would care to come to brainstorm constructive ideas. I don't know about y'all, but one more DWT pic of inconnue provenance & I'm in migraine territory ahead of the rest. :banghead:
Bring Mickey home!
Doña Mena

Just for info...
-------------
Yes, thank you for relaying that info. to everyone and reminding me of the procedure. I do remember reading something along those lines in the news. There are many officer impersonation cases all over the country. There were a few here where a guy actually wore a black shirt with the word POLICE across the front.

I am not posting much...or reading as closely as before, but I am still checking in on Mickey. Feel so sad that she has not be located.

A pic was taking of MS riding by the Circle K and another pic was taken of the DTW in front of the Circle K after this time. I have no idea why people think MS and her bike are under this truck!!!!! There is a pic of her in this exact location this BEFORE the truck was in this location, so no way that she could be under the truck, the timing just can't line up that way. Not to mention the Circle K patrons would hear/see something. And also the police would not release a photo like that. Come on guys! It's good to explore all possibilities but I think we've beat that one absolutely to death. :banghead: Let's move on.

There have been great posts that the last reported sighting of MS was at the Circle K and that it was stated the next camera that caught the car sighting did not catch a pic of MS. Giving the possibility that MS could have went down Brashear st? Why would she do this though since her home is in the opposite direction?

So would that mean, with the second scenario, that it wasn't Mickey in particular they wanted to grab? Because how would they know for sure when and if her route would take her there?

In both of my scenarios, I am assuming an unplanned crime. Mickey sees someone she recognizes, stops to talk and that person betrays her trust. I do not think it is a person from her circle of close friends, but rather someone she had seen in the past and spoken to previously.

I would imagine they would be pretty mangled depending on how much dragging was involved. It might also explain why there was no scraping or scarring on the roadway if she was hit in the area Chicken and ACI examined. They could have acted as a buffer to prevent the handlebars from digging into the asphalt.

Can there be any accident where only the handgrips impact the surface of the road? Surely other parts of the bike would have been on the surface of the road!

Mouton says the gold hand grips were found near the bicycle "submerged in the water right off the bank into the Atchafalya."

http://www.theind.com/news/10616-lpd-shunicks-bike-damaged

There is no corroboration for the Independent statement. LE has NEVER said that the handgrips were separated from the handle bars.

I see what you mean! When I enhance the pic with the auto enhance, it definitely appears yellow, but it's so hard to tell if a street light was just causing a yellow cast on the truck. But I do see what you're talking about!

Ok. Doesn't auto enhance add random color? We need to all understand that an enhanced picture of a previously enhanced picture is NOT going to be accurate!

I have CS6 but no idea how to use it!

I started with photoshop in 1997 with Adobe Photoshop 3. I was adobe photoshop certified in 1998. Husband was the lighting guru in photography and handed me the Photoshop Bible that was six inches thick, and said "learn this" We were the first portrait studio in Northern California to do a high school senior yearbook portraits all digital, no film. I do all the retouching, restoration and digital enhancement for several professional photographers as well as my own photography. I use c6 on my desktop and adobe photoshop touch on my iPad. The fantasy images are just that. It has to be noted that enlarging, and taking a screen shot on the iPad (not interpolating) the image but using the pinch pull features, simply zooms in, without further adding pixels. You can see some things more clearly without distortion. ( like using a magnifying glass on your monitor) Unfortunately, I used this feature to zooms in one Mr. N's fantasy images and compared it directly to a zoomed feature of an unaltered LE image and the disclaimers were cropped out and reported. To show how the image was manipulated but the image was then misconstrued. Apparently. So, I will go back and delete that entire post. I apologize if my attempt at clarity and information, did the exact opposite.

I disagree that there is more evidence that points toward the truck running Mickey over, than not.

On the side of Mickey not being under the truck:[snipped]

2. Luminol applied by A.C.I, who personally inspected the asphalt.

Quick question, just to rule out another variable:

A.C.I., have we ruled out the idea that LE could have also (prior to your having done so) used Luminol in that exact same area?

:please:
Invite... I'll be a Carpe Diem Sunday pm if anyone would care to come to brainstorm constructive ideas. I don't know about y'all, but one more DWT pic of inconnue provenance & I'm in migraine territory ahead of the rest. :banghead:
Bring Mickey home!
Doña Mena

Please share whatever ideas y'all brainstorm! I still cannot get over the lack of interest shown by the Lafayette media. It's unbelievable! When I was in Lafayette visiting my daughter a few weeks ago, I picked up the Advertiser. When I saw how scrawny it was, I thought it was a secondary paper. not the main newspaper for the area. The Quik Quarter is about as thick!

At this time, I still believe all these disappearances are connected.

1). Brittany Wood, blondish hair, 5′ 3″ tall and 105 lbs, 19 years old
2). Mickey Shunick, blonde hair, 5′ 1″ tall and 110 lbs, 22 years old
3). Heather Hodges, blonde hair, 5′ 1′ tall and 99 lbs, 22 years old
4). Kelli Bordeaux, blonde hair, 5′ 0″ tall and 99 lbs, 23 years old.
5). Kate Markham, blondish hair, 5′ 3″ tall and 119 lbs, 22 years old
6). Lauren Spierer, blonde hair, 4′ 11″ tall and 95 lbs, 21 years old.
7). Holly Bobo, blonde hair, 5′ 3″ tall and 110 lbs, 21 years old
8). Paige Johnson, blonde hair, 5′ 1″ tall and 110 lbs, 17 years old.
9). Brittanee Drexel, blonde hair, 5′ 0″ tall and 103 lbs, 17 years old.

With all due respect, IMO I do not believe these cases are connected. Kelli Bordeaux got a ride home from a person that worked at the bar she was at that night who is a registered sex offender.
- Holly BoBo was lead into the woods from her own home early in the morning by stranger in camo by someone that looked similar to her cousin.
- Heather Hodges was in an abusive relationship and family members possibly suspect her boyfriend and her mother filed a warrant for assault and battery against him.
- Paige Johnson has a very clear suspect in her case. Jacob Bumpass picked her up from her mothers house and she hasn't been seen since then. His cell phone pings showed that he drove throughout the morning hours and his story to police did not add up to what his cell phone bings showed and also found blood on his clothing (although articles have not started if it was Paiges).
- Brittany Wood just disappeared and there's not a lot of info, MS just disappeared not a lot of info, Kate Markham just disappeared from her home (thought to be taken from her home and there's not a lot of info), and Brittanee Drexel just disappeared walking back to her hotel and not a lot of info.
All different locations, different times of day, different types of places (bars, homes, streets). The only common factor here is that these girls are young, petite, and good looking. This doesn't make them linked in my opinion. Most people are attracted to girls like that and it just may make them more of a target unfortunately. And not more of a target to just one SK but to any pervert that just happens to be around at the wrong place at the wrong time.

A pic was taking of MS riding by the Circle K and another pic was taken of the DTW in front of the Circle K after this time. I have no idea why people think MS and her bike are under this truck!!!!! There is a pic of her in this exact location this BEFORE the truck was in this location, so no way that she could be under the truck, the timing just can't line up that way. Not to mention the Circle K patrons would hear/see something. And also the police would not release a photo like that. Come on guys! It's good to explore all possibilities but I think we've beat that one absolutely to death. :banghead: Let's move on.

There have been great posts that the last reported sighting of MS was at the Circle K and that it was stated the next camera that caught the car sighting did not catch a pic of MS. Giving the possibility that MS could have went down Brashear st? Why would she do this though since her home is in the opposite direction?
--------------
LE can release those still shots in any order or sequence they choose to, and in any "enhanced" condition they choose to in order to get the public's help in ID'ing the truck.

They do not have to release the video which would show the chronology or content to the public. IMO, they would keep that info. for when they are questioning suspects, because only those guilty would know the particulars and details.

Anyone know why 2 of these photos are zoomed in and the one of MS on the bike is not. I just noticed the bush in the forefront of the MS pick but it is not there in the other 2 pictures, why would that be?

I think the zoom of the truck is to give a better shot of it and the longer shot of MS to show no one is following her at that point. From where she is to the corner, there are 5 perpendicular parking spaces and one length-wise in that side parking lot which would mean she's about 70-80 feet from the corner with no sign of the DWT or its lights directly behind her.

I noticed and posted yesterday in reading the past press conference LE said the DWT turned on St. Landry. That suggests to me he wasn't following her from St. John. He may have been on University southbound at the light when Mickey crossed Univ and turned on St. Landry following MS after she crossed that street.

If this was the case, I don't think Mickey would have turned onto Brashear because she had become suspicious of it because Brashear is only about 90 feet in front of her. There wasn't enough time that passed. She may have turned for other reasons.

However LE has chosen not to release the videos and all the photos so we don't know if the University camera caught the DWT headed south nor do we know if the camera on the 200 block of St. Landry caught the DWT.

It is very possible the DWT didn't follow MS but that LE's only interest in it is to ask the driver if he saw MS that night. The fact that he hasn't come forward would be their only suspicion. This would explain why LE hasn't made ID of the truck that great of a priority because as ACI noted, they haven't checked registered owners in the area. They also clearly have other video and shots of it and don't seem to want to release these.

-------------
Yes, thank you for relaying that info. to everyone and reminding me of the procedure. I do remember reading something along those lines in the news. There are many officer impersonation cases all over the country. There were a few here where a guy actually wore a black shirt with the word POLICE across the front.

just to reiterate, this just happened within the last couple of days 3 hours north up I-49 from Lafayette. someone in shreveport tried this with a woman but she was smart enough to stay in her car and demand to see his id. when his plan didnt work he drove off. very scary to imagine what could have happened. if mickey were"pulled over" by a police impersonator , would she have taken a ride from a cop that accidentally nudged her tire?

hey guys, just wanted ya'll to know my niece works in a bar as a bartender. She works in the same area that MS went missing. The other night she was coming home from work and a cop turned around and tailed her, and then turned off. She is 5'3, blonde, and weighs about 110. Do you think it might be someone in authority? Or maybe LE just being vigilant? Lets hope they are just being careful.

LA

I have thought it was someone in authority LE or campus, business security guard or patrol and in possibly light of those involved in present legal issues. I read shortly before her disappearance the lawsuit against the chief seemed to focus on how crime stats were altered? A kidnapping/murder case would prove the officers suing LE were right about Lafayette being unsafe for them and others. Have those officers used this case in their arguments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129