LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are like a big family - we argue, push around, pull hair - and in the end, we all still love each other. :)

I bet that's one weird code of silence. I can only imagine the secrets and stories they have. But yes, LE did talk to a lot of them and also had dogs in the area the day they were searching the fields on congress street

On a side note, I want to see a documentary about what carnival workers do after dark.

Certainly might be helpful in this probable scenario. Give it time, reality TV knows no boundaries..

LA

I wonder if they work like theater companies do. When a company arrives at the Heymann Theater there is a crew with them, but, they hire people to help set up, tear down, and other jobs. The theater keeps a list of people they call in. So, if the carnival does something similar they could have employees who do not officially travel with the company, but, may meet them in areas they want to travel to "contract" needed work. They would not have to stay for the festivities. These people would be harder to trace. If the carnies were setting up or tearing down around the time of these disappearances, then there may be a pattern worth looking into. Jmo.

There are lots of different carny circuits. Some of the larger, more well organized ones, do RSO checks on their employees. But the smaller ones probably do not, or if they do, probably some slip through anyway.

As they should. I heard they can see into your soul when they look you in the eyes. Also, I heard if you eat a carnie's heart you gain his powers. Particularly the power of climbing that *advertiser censored* floppy rope ladder effortlessly.

:floorlaugh: priceless.

I wonder if they work like theater companies do. When a company arrives at the Heymann Theater there is a crew with them, but, they hire people to help set up, tear down, and other jobs. The theater keeps a list of people they call in. So, if the carnival does something similar they could have employees who do not officially travel with the company, but, may meet them in areas they want to travel to "contract" needed work. They would not have to stay for the festivities. These people would be harder to trace. If the carnies were setting up or tearing down around the time of these disappearances, then there may be a pattern worth looking into. Jmo.

As far as I could tell, and I went back to check the list of missing blondes that was posted on page 10-15 of this thread with the list of the carnivals produced by the same company that produces Cajun Heartland State Fair. I didn't find one of their carnivals going on the same time as one of the dates the girls went missing. So, I'd assume they're not, but I am no detective that's for sure.

As far as I could tell, and I went back to check the list of missing blondes that was posted on page 10-15 of this thread with the list of the carnivals produced by the same company that produces Cajun Heartland State Fair. I didn't find one of their carnivals going on the same time as one of the dates the girls went missing. So, I'd assume they're not, but I am no detective that's for sure.

But the problem is, carny workers move around from one carny company to another. If you know how to set up the rides or how to run the rides or fix the rides, then you can work for any and all of the different circuits.

Did you factor in or look at the dates within the context of tearing down/setting up? a week or so either way? I didn't, that is why I am asking. Even if there is no common denominator, or pattern connecting all the disappearances..in Mickey's case, the timeline of the Carnival being here and the quickness in which they can disappear quickly and without a trace, makes me suspect it might be relevant to her disappearance at least.

http://i.usatoday.net/_common/_flas...leurl=20101004-highway-killers/&preview=false (interactive map as of 10/200)

* 10/05/2010 - 'The numbers would be much higher now, imo'

USA Today takes a super creepy look at the 459 murder victims (and 41 attempteds) found disposed of along the nation's highways over the past 40 years--presumably the work of highway serial killers. The above map, based on FBI data, shows 16 cases of highway violence in Washington over the past four decades.

Texas leads the country with 38, and California and Florida are also up there. So don't dally in truck stops should you be passing through.

Much of the violence along the highway involves prostitutes getting abducted in one state and dumped along the highway in another, according to FBI investigators. Stranded motorists represent a "very, very small" number and the rest are a bit of a mystery.

The information is based on the FBI's Highway Serial Killings Initiative, which works to make connections between unsolved cases and, of course, identify suspects.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-10-05-1Ahighwaykiller05_CV_N.htm

Along highways, signs of serial killings
By Blake Morrison, USA TODAY

CS is back to posting on FB, that makes me feel better :) I was hoping they had not gotten horrible news or something since it's been so quiet. I think it's probably healthy to step away from the computer sometimes and take a break....especially since it appears she is still being bombarded with rumors (via private message I assume). She reposted the statement about not believing anything that doesn't come from family or LE. So, I guess there are still rumors floating around.

But the problem is, carny workers move around from one carny company to another. If you know how to set up the rides or how to run the rides or fix the rides, then you can work for any and all of the different circuits.

This site has a directory of traveling carnival companies. It is like looking for a needle in a haystack. If an employee is transient within the circuits who knows if the company keeps records of who worked those jobs.
http://www.carnivalmidways.com/

This site has a directory of traveling carnival companies. It is like looking for a needle in a haystack. If an employee is transient within the circuits who knows if the company keeps records of who worked those jobs.
http://www.carnivalmidways.com/

It is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I think there are some perps who cruise around on the circuit, imo.

Certainly might be helpful in this probable scenario. Give it time, reality TV knows no boundaries..

LA

It would have to be more interesting the the superlatively absurd balloon sculpture reality show.

Balloon sculpting. A show. It existed.

I refer to a few networks as 'The $#¡| People Do All Day' channels.

I heard from someone while I was on a search team that Lafayette LE was having quite a few problems with drunken carnies over the 2 weeks they were in Lafayette.

I am praying with all my being right now that NONE of Mickey's family reads the last few pages of this topic.

Glad to see it veering into a good discussion over the carny presence. Definitely a possibility and an actual (potential) connection to another missing person.

I just heard something really crazy with my own ears ..I appologise cause its not directly about this case and if u need to move it please do..I was listening right now to the local police chatter I live in a small town but what i heard i didn't think was possible a someone had called 911 and hung up and with in seconds the disbatch came on and said they had a 911 hang up and she /he whoever it is will be right beside such and such an area i assume the tower was right by ..my point though is when u hear about it on these big cases it takes days to triangulate the where abouts of the pings this was instantanious .

For the last 4 weeks I've lurked on this site and occasionally chimed in when I thought something would be a valid contribution. Lately it seems it's 65% off topic and snarky comments that are going off onto tangents about nothing relevant to this case. I'm frustrated that there is no media coverage lately and I come to this site because it was seeming to be the only place to get up to speed on what's going on. I'm sorry to say this but this forum has turned into a chat room and lost its charm and relevance. I will be leaving for good rather than be annoyed or be annoying to anyone. Thanks to those few who did have things to contribute and who still do. You know who you are. Peace and god bless all.

Yep, I'm right there with ya! I have been on this site for a long time and you can certainly discern who are the veteran sleuthers and who are just here to chat. I've found myself wanting to block 75% of the people so now I just peek in here and there. Most of us haven't the time to read through such chatter.

I just heard something really crazy with my own ears ..I appologise cause its not directly about this case and if u need to move it please do..I was listening right now to the local police chatter I live in a small town but what i heard i didn't think was possible a someone had called 911 and hung up and with in seconds the disbatch came on and said they had a 911 hang up and she /he whoever it is will be right beside such and such an area i assume the tower was right by ..my point though is when u hear about it on these big cases it takes days to triangulate the where abouts of the pings this was instantanious .

I happen to be acquainted with a software platform employed by several large municipalities across the country. There are many, I'm sure, but the one I'm aware of is from Intergraph and specializes in IT for government and infrastructure.

I won't go into technical detail because quite frankly, I get confused.

What is described above is pretty routine, especially in 911 hang ups.

If you think about it, first responders are dispatched using triangulated pings for motor vehicle accidents within minutes, in the middle of nowhere, using OnStar or another service. It doesn't take hours to locate someone, it simply doesn't.

This is what has frustrated me all along. Data is available regarding MS's phone up until it was destroyed or the battery was removed. Within minutes of an authorized query, information regarding the location of the phone and exactly when it stopped transmitting was available. This doesn't have to be live. Historical data is available. Movements can be retroactively plotted.

If you use the Find Friends app on your iPhone, it's accurate to within 9 ft. That's how simple it's become. I can open my app and see that my daughter's phone is in her bedroom & my grandson's phone is in their kitchen 1000 miles away.

If MS had a phone she used to access twitter or Facebook and check in places using location services, the data on her phone is there. If there were mobile uploads on her Facebook page, her phone is trackable. Charlie has the same phone, yes? She posts to Facebook and uploads photos from her phone. It's not an antique phone.

I don't understand the vague description of MS's cell service and location the night she disappeared.

I'm very frustrated by this blank spot because I can't figure out why it's necessary.

Ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member