LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dates and locations of the fair I cross-referenced with the list of blondes on this thread didn't match up either. I think we can rule it out.

whoa, that's pretty bizarre. I don't know too much about her case, is it her uncle who committed suicide?

Yes, and I never put much thought into the theory that the cases could be connected, but, this makes me wonder about the list someone posted earlier. How many of them had the carnies setting up or tearing down when they disappeared?

I am very happy to hear this. It seems some of us are getting a bit jumpy. ;)

LA

I'll try to relieve some of that jumpiness as soon as I have some substantial and concrete developments to share. Right now, just lots and lots of leads to look into.

I think it might be important, because some employees from the carnival would have been rolling into town that night. And they had some free time, because it was not being set up yet.

I agree, and Carnival workers give me the creeps. -- do not mean to offend anyone..

LA

Yes, and I never put much thought into the theory that the cases could be connected, but, this makes me wonder about the list someone posted earlier. How many of them had the carnies setting up or tearing down when they disappeared?

It only takes one... or two... that virtually go undetected on LE radar. Also, others have said they assume LE checked them all out...don't bet on it.

I'll try to relieve some of that jumpiness as soon as I have some substantial and concrete developments to share. Right now, just lots and lots of leads to look into.

Let's hope none of them are dead ends. It is my hope we get closure. I cursed a roofing crew out in Cajun French today for eye-balling me as I rode by.

LA

I agree, and Carnival workers give me the creeps. -- do not mean to offend anyone..

LA

As they should. I heard they can see into your soul when they look you in the eyes. Also, I heard if you eat a carnie's heart you gain his powers. Particularly the power of climbing that *advertiser censored* floppy rope ladder effortlessly.

It's incredibly comforting to know that people are still working this case. I wake up every single morning and check my phone for a text from my SIL telling me Mickey has been found. I can't believe it's been so long.

There was a carnival right down the street from Kathryn Markham's apartment, the night she mysteriously went missing. Some have wondered if she went outside to find her cat or walk her dog or smoke a cig, and met up with a carnie worker.

It only takes one... or two... that virtually go undetected on LE radar. Also, others have said they assume LE checked them all out...don't bet on it.

the other thing that sticks out is that due to their transient nature they may not have to register as a sex offender.

LA

It's incredibly comforting to know that people are still working this case. I wake up every single morning and check my phone for a text from my SIL telling me Mickey has been found. I can't believe it's been so long.

Rest assured there are people working diligently on this case. I'm using every resource and doing every possible thing in my power so that one day you'll hopefully get that text ;)

For the last 4 weeks I've lurked on this site and occasionally chimed in when I thought something would be a valid contribution. Lately it seems it's 65% off topic and snarky comments that are going off onto tangents about nothing relevant to this case. I'm frustrated that there is no media coverage lately and I come to this site because it was seeming to be the only place to get up to speed on what's going on. I'm sorry to say this but this forum has turned into a chat room and lost its charm and relevance. I will be leaving for good rather than be annoyed or be annoying to anyone. Thanks to those few who did have things to contribute and who still do. You know who you are. Peace and god bless all.

As they should. I heard they can see into your soul when they look you in the eyes. Also, I heard if you eat a carnie's heart you gain his powers. Particularly the power of climbing that *advertiser censored* floppy rope ladder effortlessly.

well, I am creole, so it's right back at em... I see theirs ( or lack of one) as well. As for the heart thing, I am a vegan.

Did LE check them out? I can imagine that they also have a code of silence.. kind of what happens at the carnival stays at the carnival.

LA

You, sir, are pretty damn funny! At least you break up the monotony lol ;)

well, I am creole, so it's right back at em... I see theirs ( or lack of one) as well. As for the heart thing, I am a vegan.

Did LE check them out? I can imagine that they also have a code of silence.. kind of what happens at the carnival stays at the carnival.

LA

I bet that's one weird code of silence. I can only imagine the secrets and stories they have. But yes, LE did talk to a lot of them and also had dogs in the area the day they were searching the fields on congress street

On a side note, I want to see a documentary about what carnival workers do after dark.

ACI, do you have any reason to think she may still be alive? I know it's a long shot :(

The dates and locations of the fair I cross-referenced with the list of blondes on this thread didn't match up either. I think we can rule it out.

I wonder if they work like theater companies do. When a company arrives at the Heymann Theater there is a crew with them, but, they hire people to help set up, tear down, and other jobs. The theater keeps a list of people they call in. So, if the carnival does something similar they could have employees who do not officially travel with the company, but, may meet them in areas they want to travel to "contract" needed work. They would not have to stay for the festivities. These people would be harder to trace. If the carnies were setting up or tearing down around the time of these disappearances, then there may be a pattern worth looking into. Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neiljohnsavage