LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're anonymous as far as the public is concerned. I know who hired me though and none are the perp or perps

Thank you, because that is a question that has weighed heavily on me regarding cases. Some of us know that very wealthy people are perps. in crimes.

I started with photoshop in 1997 with Adobe Photoshop 3. I was adobe photoshop certified in 1998. Husband was the lighting guru in photography and handed me the Photoshop Bible that was six inches thick, and said "learn this" We were the first portrait studio in Northern California to do a high school senior yearbook portraits all digital, no film. I do all the retouching, restoration and digital enhancement for several professional photographers as well as my own photography. I use c6 on my desktop and adobe photoshop touch on my iPad. The fantasy images are just that. It has to be noted that enlarging, and taking a screen shot on the iPad (not interpolating) the image but using the pinch pull features, simply zooms in, without further adding pixels. You can see some things more clearly without distortion. ( like using a magnifying glass on your monitor) Unfortunately, I used this feature to zooms in one Mr. N's fantasy images and compared it directly to a zoomed feature of an unaltered LE image and the disclaimers were cropped out and reported. To show how the image was manipulated but the image was then misconstrued. Apparently. So, I will go back and delete that entire post. I apologize if my attempt at clarity and information, did the exact opposite.

I haven't found much use for the iPad but I can obviously see more detail than some others just by the pinch pull. I don't mind seeing the fantasy images. To me it is just another way if expressing your opinion. Some do it in writing and some do it with visual images. I need to play around with the photoshop touch.

Mr Hamlett: How many times have you been the focus of quotes from Shakespeare's: Hamlet?

Ohhhhhh only maybe my entire life. And everyone who does it seems to think they are hilarious and the first to do so. I play nice and laugh and pretend I've never heard it before. I'm a gentleman like that ;)

Ohhhhhh only maybe my entire life. And everyone who does it seems to think they are hilarious and the first to do so. I play nice and laugh and pretend I've never heard it before. I'm a gentleman like that ;)

How is the investigating going?

So many missing persons, cold cases over the years. Since we are on the subject of Shakespeare. Sarah Fox, a Julliard acting student, well acquainted with Shakespeare's plays, was murdered while jogging in NY. The case has never been solved.

Just one of the cases, that has haunted us for many years.

I disagree. Both my father and my stepfather, uncles etc are in the oilfield. It's really discerning to me that when someone presents a new angle on this case everyone starts attacking them. Several times now I have removed myself from these WS boards because I have felt like people here aren't really trying to sleuth anything, but rather toss the same white ball back and forth.
It's obviously all our own opinions, why don't you all stop shooting ideas down?
I'm certain that my post will be removed just as someone else's was earlier for stating the rudeness of others here.

Bring Mickey Home!

I don't post much on this particular case, but I'm here everyday... It's my observation that the theories/ideas that have been shot down, are done so because that theory/idea is a violation of the TOS, not necessarily due to rudeness. The TOS violation I'm referring to is rumors/wild speculations (not based on evidence ), and no sleuthing of individuals other than a POI... It does get frustrating to many of us, because posters have been told over and over again to stop and it continues. Just to clarify, I'm talking about the ideas/theories that have nothing to support the reasoning behind it..... The rules are what makes WS such a credible site/tool/resource, and members are protective of this, and maybe it comes across as rudeness. And nobody wants to see MS's thread get shut down again.....

I just scroll past most comments now.

I'm waiting for facts. Thanks.

My 2 cents.

:twocents:

It seems like they'd be illegal everywhere. Some municipalities count on their traffic fine money.

Not sure if any of you have heard about this but there is a spray you can but that makes your license plate unreadable on the traffic cameras and video cameras. You spray it on and cannot see it. The license plate appears completely blacked out.

Not sure if any of you have heard about this but there is a spray you can but that makes your license plate unreadable on the traffic cameras and video cameras. You spray it on and cannot see it. The license plate appears completely blacked out.

Well, isn't that special. Just one more thing to give criminals the advantage.

I disagree. Both my father and my stepfather, uncles etc are in the oilfield. It's really discerning to me that when someone presents a new angle on this case everyone starts attacking them. Several times now I have removed myself from these WS boards because I have felt like people here aren't really trying to sleuth anything, but rather toss the same white ball back and forth.
It's obviously all our own opinions, why don't you all stop shooting ideas down?
I'm certain that my post will be removed just as someone else's was earlier for stating the rudeness of others here.

Bring Mickey Home!

If an idea has merit, it will withstand scrutiny.

TOS says discuss the post, not the poster.

I agree that posters should be civil and respectful and definitely not get snarky.

If I say here that a source says the moon is made of green cheese, is it not acceptable for someone else to point out that Neil Armstrong says otherwise?

What a valuable resource WS is, to be able to submit ideas for vetting!

* Thinking of you Mickey *

Let today be the day.

I bet that's one weird code of silence. I can only imagine the secrets and stories they have. But yes, LE did talk to a lot of them and also had dogs in the area the day they were searching the fields on congress street

On a side note, I want to see a documentary about what carnival workers do after dark.

If anyone ever has some extra time on their hands... Google Iron Mountain Lake located in Missouri. It's a small country town that is the home to many of the traveling carnival workers. I had reason to be in their 'town' several years ago. They do not do well with authority. They ran the sheriff out of town and burned his house down. Most of the homes are homemade shack like structures. They all come out just before dark. Many of them marry within their own families...first cousins marry often. They were very nice to us and willing to share stories about themselves. They absolutely do not like visitors and will come out of their houses and stare you down if you drive through their streets.

* Thinking of you Mickey *

Let today be the day.
-----------
I bolded the above. I hope so. I've heard that phrase over and over and over again within decades, and somehow, many cases never get solved, much less the victim rescued.

Very sad. Hope this case is different.

And, if this case is connected to all of the other missing blonde, petite women, I hope this will be the one to crack the case wide open and bring Mickey and those other women home alive.

I wonder if they work like theater companies do. When a company arrives at the Heymann Theater there is a crew with them, but, they hire people to help set up, tear down, and other jobs. The theater keeps a list of people they call in. So, if the carnival does something similar they could have employees who do not officially travel with the company, but, may meet them in areas they want to travel to "contract" needed work. They would not have to stay for the festivities. These people would be harder to trace. If the carnies were setting up or tearing down around the time of these disappearances, then there may be a pattern worth looking into. Jmo.

Carnival companies do all of their own work. Most concerts and theatre events hire local union workers.

http://i.usatoday.net/_common/_flas...leurl=20101004-highway-killers/&preview=false (interactive map as of 10/200)

* 10/05/2010 - 'The numbers would be much higher now, imo'

USA Today takes a super creepy look at the 459 murder victims (and 41 attempteds) found disposed of along the nation's highways over the past 40 years--presumably the work of highway serial killers. The above map, based on FBI data, shows 16 cases of highway violence in Washington over the past four decades.

Texas leads the country with 38, and California and Florida are also up there. So don't dally in truck stops should you be passing through.

Much of the violence along the highway involves prostitutes getting abducted in one state and dumped along the highway in another, according to FBI investigators. Stranded motorists represent a "very, very small" number and the rest are a bit of a mystery.

The information is based on the FBI's Highway Serial Killings Initiative, which works to make connections between unsolved cases and, of course, identify suspects.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-10-05-1Ahighwaykiller05_CV_N.htm

Along highways, signs of serial killings
By Blake Morrison, USA TODAY

There is currently a serial killer they preys upon people on or near highway 70 through Illinois, Missouri and a couple of other states. Likely a truck driver. Have been a few cases of truck driver serial killers in the past.

I just heard something really crazy with my own ears ..I appologise cause its not directly about this case and if u need to move it please do..I was listening right now to the local police chatter I live in a small town but what i heard i didn't think was possible a someone had called 911 and hung up and with in seconds the disbatch came on and said they had a 911 hang up and she /he whoever it is will be right beside such and such an area i assume the tower was right by ..my point though is when u hear about it on these big cases it takes days to triangulate the where abouts of the pings this was instantanious .

I accidentally called 911 on my cell. Purse dialed. They called me back minutes later and had tracked my cell ping to within a block of my location. LE was 2 business's away looking for me...in the event it had been an emergency. Not sure if it works the same if you didn't dial into 911 directly.

Unrelated but 911 can also lock your phone. Family member sadly committed suicide and when I called 911 they locked my phone so that I could not dial out. Tried to call another family member and was told they locked my phone and any call made will be directed to 911. It was very upsetting because I had to call other family members immediately and could not.

My opinions only, no facts here:

As I have mentioned in earlier posts, I have been enhancing digital images for ten years, a necessity for my scientific papers. It is shop talk to me that enlarging an image and increasing the pixel density is putting your faith upon the people who wrote the software. That is why I SELECT MY SOFTWARE CAREFULLY. I have been involved with computers for 36 years.

I use strong, absurd, and even sublime disclaimers (including the word "fantasy") to prevent readers from misinterpreting my uploaded images from the originals. In spite of that, a few have accidentally mistaken my enhanced images for originals (and now I hear that even the so-called 'original' images may have been altered before being released to the public!).

Anyway, to make a long story short, I was going to present a close-up enhancement of the driver's face in the 1st white truck (Circle-K) image, but you have successfully convinced me not to. Trying to ID the driver or the vehicle is probably impeding the discussion here.

I think you should be able to express yourself in any fashion you choose as long as it isn't against forum rules. In fact, I like looking at your alterations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx