LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!:skip:

I'm listening now while I mess around with my data...I was snoozing away by 8:10 last night. :what:

I hope it is ok for me to post questions or comments here since I missed the chat. :iamashamed:

I'm not discussing the truck anymore.

If there is footage of her further along, this truck is basically irrelevant. LE could've been telling us she disappeared on this street, and look for this vehicle to send the public on a wild goose chase. The public would be satisfied about this lead and they look like they're doing something.

What if this was a case of she ran away and doesn't want to be found? Or what if she left the bike somewhere in Lafayette and whoever stole it got rid of it because of the press coverage? Or what if she put it in Whiskey Bay?

What I'm also wondering is why the other vehicle wasn't questioned, cause I don't know about you guys, but that looks like another vehicle. If they have the entire video, why haven't they asked this person? Why was this ruled out automatically?

Attachments

• othervehicle.jpg
    othervehicle.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 64
Mickie was obviously taken by a local, IMO...not a wandering serial killer or a transient fair worker passing though town...due to where her bike was found. A stranger to town would not have gone 25 miles to leave her bike in a place known to locals. This is the main reason I do not believe her case is connected to any of the other "missing blonds."

There is a story of a 20 yr. old who went missing 3 mo. ago and has been found. I'm sure someone has already posted it somewhere and I missed it due to having to skip around so much. It just shows to never give up hope. While I hate to think of anyone being held somewhere against their will and subjected to who knows what, at least this young woman is coming home to her family.

K

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1991-11-18/news/9111180298_1_subbiah-fussell-illinois-state

I would, but I don't know his number.

I was tempted to go back where the truck went, but my car wouldn't have made it.

Oh, and ACI would love this. I got a look at the guy...and found out he's on camera too!

Laffy, any more on this ^
On camera where?

It's Katelyn Markham and this website http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2...phalt-paving-projects-are-in-progress-nearby/ talks about her and 5 other women who are petite, young, blondes and red heads who all disappeared without a trace. That website brings up the fact that there was road construction near where all of them live. There is also a paving project on 90 but there's probably a paving project in most cities.

Anyway, just throwing this out there.

I read that too. There was also a project in the Saints Streets. I don't think it was exactly a paving project. Pieces of roadway were cut out every 30 feet or so, maybe for sewer work or something? Roadway had to be repaved. Just thought it was odd that the trucks that I saw did not have the LCG markings and the workers did not have the blue shirt uniforms. Maybe that was contracted. Not sure who to check that through..Trammel?

I'm not discussing the truck anymore.

If there is footage of her further along, this truck is basically irrelevant. LE could've been telling us she disappeared on this street, and look for this vehicle to send the public on a wild goose chase. The public would be satisfied about this lead and they look like they're doing something.

What if this was a case of she ran away and doesn't want to be found? Or what if she left the bike somewhere in Lafayette and whoever stole it got rid of it because of the press coverage? Or what if she put it in Whiskey Bay?

What I'm also wondering is why the other vehicle wasn't questioned, cause I don't know about you guys, but that looks like another vehicle. If they have the entire video, why haven't they asked this person? Why was this ruled out automatically?

Thank you! Been asking this for weeks. I'm sure I've just missed the answer somewhere along the way. Would sure be grateful if someone could explain.

Do you mean her body may still be near the Old Hospital? Have they torn the place to pieces?

My question too. I don't recall hearing LE going through the Old Hospital either. Wouldn't LE need a warrant or something to do that? I wish they would go through the entire structure with dogs!

Occasionally but not often. I guess it depends on the job. The La. Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) would know what construction companies were being used for what jobs. Seriously doubt though they would just offer that info up to the general public.

Most of the State jobs are done w/federal money and most likely would be freeway/interstate work. Sometimes they offer grants to cities to do road work but that wouldn't be all work done within city limits. The county and city would do most of the roadwork and I would assume there is a bidders/award list that would show what construction companies won those jobs. I am not familiar with the city/county/townships in LA. I do work for a general contractor who does federal and state jobs in TX and I am pretty sure the bidding and award procedure is the same and public knowledge.

Yes there was.

It was close to the end of the Bain/Mayes incident.

I had thought they caught the guy but maybe they didn't.

Could this be another impersonator?

Allusonz, actually the police imposter in MS was arrested but was not the highway shooter that murdered the two victims. The highway shooter was also arrested:

http://www.abc24.com/content/topsto...ississippi/LqmXqgOM2k-YYfxH7fX6pw.cspx?rss=59

Police Impersonator in Custody in Mississippi

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mississipp...pect-caught-rape-kidnapping/story?id=16375203

> U.S.

Mississippi Highway Shooting Suspect Caught After Rape and Kidnap

OK..Im off to work now. Im crossin my fingers for some good news about Mickey today!!
Keep it up Peeps! Youre doin awesome!!!

Most of the State jobs are done w/federal money and most likely would be freeway/interstate work. Sometimes they offer grants to cities to do road work but that wouldn't be all work done within city limits. The county and city would do most of the roadwork and I would assume there is a bidders/award list that would show what construction companies won those jobs. I am not familiar with the city/county/townships in LA. I do work for a general contractor who does federal and state jobs in TX and I am pretty sure the bidding and award procedure is the same and public knowledge.

Here are the dotd projects:
http://www.dotd.la.gov/construction/lafayette.asp local companies but they can subcontract and out of staters can get jobs with locals.

Thank you! Been asking this for weeks. I'm sure I've just missed the answer somewhere along the way. Would sure be grateful if someone could explain.

Second truck driver came forward 2 weeks ago. There is more video of her, MS, after city hall on St. Landry. LE wants to talk to white truck driver for possible info. To verify contact Det. Bajah LPD.

Yeah. Is theft of auto parts, like the ones taken common? Like door panels?

I gotta say that this is the first theft I've heard of where door panels, kick panels where taken. When an entire vehicle is stolen its probably stripped for all parts that can be sold. To just need those is strange to me. JMO, but if you had door panels and other interior parts that had something on them that you couldn't remove without destroying or ruining the color, you might steal some. Same with the pressure washers if someone had a lot of stains to clean up on a large area in a hurry. With the interior parts it would seem like someone would need the carpet to, but they could of had a full rubber mat instead of carpet. It still seems very strange to me though. I wonder if the pressure washers are for sale somewhere, and weren't the tail lights stolen also? Might need those to change some identifiable custom lights back to stock. This is just a product of my wild imagination and JMO.

It's Katelyn Markham and this website http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2...phalt-paving-projects-are-in-progress-nearby/ talks about her and 5 other women who are petite, young, blondes and red heads who all disappeared without a trace. That website brings up the fact that there was road construction near where all of them live. There is also a paving project on 90 but there's probably a paving project in most cities.

Anyway, just throwing this out there.
ACI should look into the vehicles driven by is Milestone Contractors of Columbus IN employees.

The night Mickey disappeared, this New Orleans band "Creole String Beans" were playing at Parc Sans Souci. I checked out the bands playing at Artmosphere, but none were from N.O. I'm posting this to support my theory that some people from New Orleans may have been in Lafayette the night Mickey was abducted. For all we know, TS and MS (suspects in Jaren Lockhart's murder) may have been in Lafayette that night. It's a possibility we can't rule out right now, and would also tie in to the 2 person abduction theory.

Just adding this link so you can read for yourselves:
http://www.downtownlafayette.org/Events/EventsDisplay.asp?p1=8884&p2=Y&Sort=&Archive=
The Spring 2012 series continues May 18, 2012, with New Orleans dance party veterans Creole String Beans at Parc Sans Souci! Creole String Beans are THE classic New Orleans Party Band with Lafayette flavor. With exceptional taste in song selection and a repertoire that ranges far and wide from Fats Domino and Bobby Charles to Duke Ellington and NRBQ, the 'Beans are able to take their devoted dance fans to dangerous altitudes of twistin'n'shoutin' ecstasy with high energy and melodic finesse. Called "the best tasting band in New Orleans" by Chef John Besh, The Creole String Beans have defined a new era in 21st Century "Y'at Rock" on stages from the New Orleans Jazz Fest to back-o-town dives. http://www.creolestringbeans.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman