LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The article linked is from 1991. There was a follow up to that article (a link on the left side) where there were doubts about her story.

thanks, I skimmed right over that!!

now I am going to have to google to see if anything ever came out of that.

Wow and to be flown home on a private jet? Hope dad owned the company!

It bothers me that Mickeys case bolsters the officers allegations so much. Timing is interesting.

BBM

The timing of this as well as a number of other events sure makes one go hhhhmmmmmmm which is what I seem to be doing alot of lately.

When it makes me go hhhhhmmmmm, I have to look closer at it. It may be nothing but it is still on my list.

Just picking up from the conversation that was occuring last night (I was exhausted and went to bed early for a change) - we need to look into different scenarios. We can look at some of the usual ones - and let me say right up front that I'm not saying they have anything to do with Mickey although we don't know much about her.

In many high profile murder cases, especially over the last few years, motive has usually been Love/Lust. A majority involve affairs - married man with a girlfriend who either murders the wife to pursue a life with the girlfriend, or murder the girlfriend so the wife doesn't find out about the girlfriend. Sometimes the wife murders the girlfriend. Complications can also include a pregnant girlfriend.

Another scenario - gays/lesbians who are about to be outed. Can either be suicide or runaway. Or a hate crime.

Personal problems - a person can feel a lack of confidence in taking on the real world. There was a case of the runaway bride - none of that made sense to the majority of us, but I guess when you feel unable to handle life you walk away from it without looking at the repercussions.

Drugs - OD or deal gone wrong. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Rape - resulting in a murder.

Jealousy - Killing someone because you feel like they are "in the way" of getting something you want. Remember the cheerleader's mom? It could be anything from a love interest or a job to a horse competition or popularity contest! It doesn't have to look like an important thing to us for it to be highly important to someone who is a bit "off".

Mistaken identity - she may possibly have been very similar to another person. From the back, many small blondes look like any other small blonde. Especially at night.

I'm sure there are many more.

As for Mickey, I just feel like she got into a vehicle with someone she thought she knew and was betrayed. The reason she was betrayed - ??? We don't know enough about her to know what that could be. I just wish she could be found.

Doesn't the former hospital have a guard?
And why would it be so easy for someone to get inside there? Is it not secured?

One..or two..for the whole hospital and grounds i believe. Exactly, how secure is it? 24/7? The security guard(s) (female) Chicken talked to said she knew and talked to Mickey and said she saw her previously turn on the street adjacent to the hospital, (st. julien?) or cut through the grounds to Johnston, in the early morning hours and had spoken to her about the dangers of being out and doing that, that time of night, alone.

Just picking up from the conversation that was occuring last night (I was exhausted and went to bed early for a change) - we need to look into different scenarios. We can look at some of the usual ones - and let me say right up front that I'm not saying they have anything to do with Mickey although we don't know much about her.

In many high profile murder cases, especially over the last few years, motive has usually been Love/Lust. A majority involve affairs - married man with a girlfriend who either murders the wife to pursue a life with the girlfriend, or murder the girlfriend so the wife doesn't find out about the girlfriend. Sometimes the wife murders the girlfriend. Complications can also include a pregnant girlfriend.

Another scenario - gays/lesbians who are about to be outed. Can either be suicide or runaway. Or a hate crime.

Personal problems - a person can feel a lack of confidence in taking on the real world. There was a case of the runaway bride - none of that made sense to the majority of us, but I guess when you feel unable to handle life you walk away from it without looking at the repercussions.

Drugs - OD or deal gone wrong. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Rape - resulting in a murder.

Jealousy - Killing someone because you feel like they are "in the way" of getting something you want. Remember the cheerleader's mom? It could be anything from a love interest or a job to a horse competition or popularity contest! It doesn't have to look like an important thing to us for it to be highly important to someone who is a bit "off".

Mistaken identity - she may possibly have been very similar to another person. From the back, many small blondes look like any other small blonde. Especially at night.

I'm sure there are many more.

As for Mickey, I just feel like she got into a vehicle with someone she thought she knew and was betrayed. The reason she was betrayed - ??? We don't know enough about her to know what that could be. I just wish she could be found.

Thank you for this!!!

Normally we do have some avenues to look at.

It could be as simple as she was in an accident while riding her bike but there is no trace of her.

I am pretty sure Kimster did not beam her up. (Well 99.9% sure) :giggle:

Mickey and her sister could be twins when I look at them.

I don't believe every inch has been searched. I think we would have heard that police obtained a warrant, because it is private property! Of all other places in the near area of Mickey's disappearance, that complex need to be searched. That would be so bad if she was in there! Yes there is a security guard, but how much can one do?!

I have answered this multiple times, but it bears repeating:
"Every square inch" of hospital property, inside and out, has been searched, according to multiple guards I interviewed. They covered the place with dogs. Fine-tooth comb. It was one of the very first places searched, because it was obvious. Lourdes gave permission for a top-to-bottom search and and LE swarmed the place.

Nothing was found.

BBM

The timing of this as well as a number of other events sure makes one go hhhhmmmmmmm which is what I seem to be doing alot of lately.

When it makes me go hhhhhmmmmm, I have to look closer at it. It may be nothing but it is still on my list.

The timing really is coincidence. It was sparked by evidence presented in another case, that has been ongoing for quite a while. I agree that it is interesting, though. Lots of people are upset at the notion and naturally want to defend the department, as there is plenty of good there to defend. However, I believe it's unrealistic to brush it off and pretend that it could have no effect on this case. I hope that in retrospect, we do not one day find that to be true.

I don't believe every inch has been searched. I think we would have heard that police obtained a warrant, because it is private property! Of all other places in the near area of Mickey's disappearance, that complex need to be searched. That would be so bad if she was in there! Yes there is a security guard, but how much can one do?!

Wasn't there a question about the security guard? Seems like I remember the guard raising the hinky meter because she said she saw Mickey often. Also that she told Mickey she shouldn't ride alone at night and that Mickey had sasses her. The poster was sure that the guard spoke to Mickey, however I'm not 100% sure about the part of Mickey sassing her. That may have been supposition in a "what if" post from someone.

Maybe the media can put the pressure on LE to find out if the entire old OLOL Hospital/Medical campus has been searched and if
it hasn't they can put the pressure on them to do so!

If only, Isabelle. The local sales paper, The Quik Quarter, would likely put more pressure on LE.
Of course, when an article asked about the money- at least it tried to be investigative- the reporter was slammed. Hopefully, this reporter will keep looking into things despite the hate because it seems this is the only person whose tried a different angle to the story and yes, people were angry but at least it's keeping the story out there. Not trying to open that can of worms again, just saying at least he seemed to give a damn. The rest of the media reminds me of my junior high newspaper.

Thank you for this!!!

Normally we do have some avenues to look at.

It could be as simple as she was in an accident while riding her bike but there is no trace of her.

I am pretty sure Kimster did not beam her up. (Well 99.9% sure) :giggle:

Mickey and her sister could be twins when I look at them.

Ok let me throw out something else. Recent burials around the time Mickey went missing. Someone could, quietly and unobserved, bury a body in a recently opened grave because the ground would be soft. JMO and to keep the thread going.

I've noticed the same LE "media lockjaw" since the RM story ran, A.C.I.

Once again, The Independent shows its worth to anyone other than themselves.

Zero.

Yesterday while traveling east on I-10, between Lafayette and the MS state line we saw 4 or 5 police vehicles with lights flashing parked on the side of the interstate and many many officers headed down towards the woods. I couldn't help but wonder if they found something weither in Mickey's case or Jaren's. It's sad when you have two crimes to choose from. While in Lafayette I did see lots of flyers on telephone ploes, in stores and even a small billboard by Don's in Scott, but there was nothing at all at Evangeline Downs - a gathering spot for all kinds of people. I had hoped to see flyers all over the area and back towards the horse barns, but nothing.

Hi All,

I haven't been following this case until now and just stumbled across a photo of a white truck from another case that I have been following. Can someone let me know if the driver of the white truck in Mickey's case has been cleared or if they are still a POI?

Thanks,

FBM

The timing really is coincidence. It was sparked by evidence presented in another case, that has been ongoing for quite a while. I agree that it is interesting, though. Lots of people are upset at the notion and naturally want to defend the department, as there is plenty of good there to defend. However, I believe it's unrealistic to brush it off and pretend that it could have no effect on this case. I hope that in retrospect, we do not one day find that to be true.

What is going on with the department? I must have missed this....
thanks!

The White Chevrolet Z71 is in question the other truck has been cleared. findmickeynow.com for the truck in question.

Thanks!! I did not make this post clear as it was 2 different individuals. It was for the most part happening right around the time of the Bain girls and I thank you for the clarification :)

You weren't addressing me, but, I thank you for yours!

Good afternoon everyone.
Just a drive-by post. Off to run errands soon.

Hi All,

I haven't been following this case until now and just stumbled across a photo of a white truck from another case that I have been following. Can someone let me know if the driver of the white truck in Mickey's case has been cleared or if they are still a POI?

Thanks,

FBM

Fotball Mom, it is referred too as the DWT(damn white truck) on this thread, due to the confusion it has caused. As for our latest info from LPD, it is still a VOI.

Q: 'Could someone summarize on a 3" x 5" note card the progress of the case in the last two weeks?'

A1: 'I could to it on a 1" x 2" notecard!'

A2: 'I wouldn't need a note card at all!'

Originally Posted by Kelly Faraday
There is a story of a 20 yr. old who went missing 3 mo. ago and has been found. I'm sure someone has already posted it somewhere and I missed it due to having to skip around so much. It just shows to never give up hope. While I hate to think of anyone being held somewhere against their will and subjected to who knows what, at least this young woman is coming home to her family.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...illinois-state
is this case on WS? I find this a little sketchy.....

This happened a decade ago and was apparently a hoax.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...60094_1_nan-subbiah-nandhini-subbiah-abducted

Q: 'Could someone summarize on a 3" x 5" note card the progress of the case in the last two weeks?'

A1: 'I could to it on a 1" x 2" notecard!'

A2: 'I wouldn't need a note card at all!'

A2, alas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics